12-18-2002, 05:42 PM
pic of my install

IceD out N CALI
12-18-2002, 06:00 PM
that is pretty big

rocket_civic
12-18-2002, 06:06 PM
heres my tach install

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p408a554a59bba092a968e6131b99e388/fceeb504.jpg

Trevor

Brettnyt
12-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Oooo... Im kinda feelin dw735's instal... I dunno, i might like to do one by the pillar, not on it like Rockets, just next to it...

Suk02Si
12-18-2002, 09:59 PM
I like Rocket's install better only because it's not as out there as dw's. I need to keep a sleeper look becuase you get harassed big time here for anything modded on your car.

"what's that do? what's that DO?! What's THAT do?!"

"thats a clock, that's cup holder, that's my Nitrous Arm/Unarm button:D "

Jpax
12-18-2002, 10:07 PM
so when that light comes on everytime you get near red line thats ok for you?

I would hate that........of course i hit red line every time i drive but thats just me...... :rolleyes:

Suk02Si
12-18-2002, 10:34 PM
I can't use a monster tach because I'll be picked on. I want to get a small light, AutoMeter is going to release a stand alone light which is 1" in diameter with a small digi rpm read out in the middle. I want to mount it somewhere where I can see it when it lights but a cop can't easily see from outside the car.

Jpax
12-18-2002, 10:35 PM
I would rather wait for the digital gauge to come out with teck light before i mod my dash.

kpxplaya415
12-18-2002, 10:44 PM
hey rocket_civic why did you install the tach a little slanted?

dw735
12-18-2002, 11:55 PM
yeah, I like the look of the pillar a lot, but since I can't see out of my left eye, the tach on the middle dash helps me a lot. I get to keep my good eye on the road, so I don't hit other fellow ep drivers;) . I don't get bashed here at all by the cops, I live in San Diego. Where do you guys all live? Oh yeah, when time comes for that supercharger, I will put some more gauges on the pillar to make sure everything is running smoothly. Does anyone else have any other gauges except tach?

dw735
12-18-2002, 11:58 PM
oh yeah, there is a red button by the ignition if you can see, it lights up the lunar tach at night when i want it on. its there for right now because i dont have enough wire to put it anywhere else. the dash didnt need to be off for this install, its quite simple. see ya guys

vectorhive
12-19-2002, 12:20 AM
i like rockets, but mostly because he has the classy woodgrain trim sticker on his tweeter.

hacim
12-19-2002, 03:44 PM
I think they are gay. To rice for me, besides the car comes with a tac.

Makross
12-20-2002, 12:42 AM
haha yeah thats not my style either

TrippZ
12-20-2002, 09:13 AM
i can dig rockets, thats pretty dope, but whats the little dildo thing to the right of it? looks like a camera/dildo/something phallus like?

atl-si
12-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Are they supposed to make u faster(like 10 WHP)!! J/K!! :p

rocket_civic
12-23-2002, 03:34 PM
lol, its not woodgrain, its carbon fiber.

http://www.iptdashkits.com/trev20civsir.html

Trevor

Pinoy84
12-26-2002, 08:24 AM
What the hell is wrong with you guys, you already havea tach, and now you have 2? whats the point? easier to see? the stock one looks just fine and nice in my opinion. Mods are up to taste and opinion but something like this... I mean you have 2, doesn't it..... forget it.

SpeedRacer
12-26-2002, 12:27 PM
I think MONSTER TACHS are ALL gay.

that is my own opinion, i dont know but i think it looks APC'ish and correct me if im wrong but are car comes with an RPM gauge stock right? Also unless your deaf you should be able to listen to your engine and by listening you will know when to shift get it?

im sorry im not trying to be a dick or anything i just think they look childish. why dont you get a new SPeedometer while your at it an extra extra big one like the mini has and place in on your stearing wheel that will help alot.

then get a big dildo and hang it from your rearview mirror.
j/k

anyways im sorry i havn't slept in 2 days so if this post is weird that is probly why, and please dont come back with some gay ass reply correcting all my spelling errors.

taikahn
12-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
I think MONSTER TACHS are ALL gay.

that is my own opinion, i dont know but i think it looks APC'ish and correct me if im wrong but are car comes with an RPM gauge stock right? Also unless your deaf you should be able to listen to your engine and by listening you will know when to shift get it?

im sorry im not trying to be a dick or anything i just think they look childish. why dont you get a new SPeedometer while your at it an extra extra big one like the mini has and place in on your stearing wheel that will help alot.

then get a big dildo and hang it from your rearview mirror.
j/k

anyways im sorry i havn't slept in 2 days so if this post is weird that is probly why, and please dont come back with some gay ass reply correcting all my spelling errors.

SpeedRacer --- should be MethRacer ---- j/k

kpxplaya415
12-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
i can dig rockets, thats pretty dope, but whats the little dildo thing to the right of it? looks like a camera/dildo/something phallus like?

steering wheel? radar detector? tachshift light? ???:confused: ???

Gibhunter
12-26-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by hacim

I agree 100% The car comes with a tach, why would you install such an unGodly pos irght in the middle of the dash and ruin the factory look? You want a shiftlight, get a standalon shiftligh or a small digital tach with a shiftlight and not something like that.

BrokenLimits
12-26-2002, 06:30 PM
Wow the new Sis dont come with Tachs? Because thats the only reason I could see putting one in...but to each his own...I agree with an earlier post its called an Autometer Quick Lite. Its about $50 for the light and then $75 for the control box. It looks 10000x better then that wall clock looking thing...

redronin22
12-26-2002, 06:36 PM
id spend my money on a GTECH pro. isnt it like a low budget dyno/shiftlight etc?

dw735
12-26-2002, 08:03 PM
i know that if i hear my engine, i know when to shift, but when you drag at the local strip, i am reaching for every bit of the rpms before redline. the stock tends to be off when the rpms get higher. if u guys think i use it for everyday regular driving, like going to the market or some sort, then i would never have gotten one. but growing up around dragstrips and all, you learn that it helps. buddy had the two stage light ones in his camaro. shaved off some time on his et.

TezGari
12-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by hacim

This is my opinion, i love you guys.

1st. that Tach is kinda useless, you already have one.
2nd. You guys love Fast and the (gay) furious huh?
3rd. Tach are useless, did i say that already?

BUTTTT: IF you go to the Track or strip, a Monster Tach is never to small!!!! And it is very helpful, it keeps your eyes straight!

LAST: That was my opinon. And, i think tachs are to ricey in everyday normal cars (that dont go to the track). But i would rather see a tach on your car the LED pissers!!!!!!! OR Clear Tail lights.

But man, LED pissers are the worst!!!!!!

dw735
12-28-2002, 12:51 AM
i hear ya trinispeed. they are gay looking, even though i have one. i would take it off, but its all wired up and all, taking it off and then on at the track would be a pain in the butt. sometimes i would cover my tach up with a rag, so it wouldnt be visible. it is ricey, but when i do use it on the track, it may seem ricey, but it helps me out. (at least in my opinion)

Gibhunter
12-28-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by trinispeed
But man, LED pissers are the worst!!!!!!

They also are cop magnets as they are illegal here in CT. S