PDA

View Full Version : finally lowered the ep on skunk2 springs

bluebullitt2003
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
so what do you think? i like the ride and feel. but it didnt lower it as much as i thought it would but I was happy with the way it came out.......oh and im taking the skunk 2 sticker off......at the time my buddy and i thought it was a good idea, but now after looking at the picture, its way to rice for mehttp://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee389/bluebullitt2003/skunk2.jpg

PatrickJamesYu
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't like the location of the skunk2 sticker
maybe you need more stickers! haha jk

When did you install the springs?
they're gonna settle a lot
It feels like it took a month or 2 for them to finally sink in..
Most people told me it will only be like a week though..
but yeah.. felt like a month.

I feel like these sink too much in the rear, and not enough in the front
but I like these springs.
you on stock shocks?

bluebullitt2003
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
ya im on stock struts.....got a 106k on them haha. but the stickers are coming off tonight. to rice for me.

good to know about them taking time to settle, because i installed them 2 days ago.

omgheyitskenny
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
this is gonna be a slap to the face but it looks like stock to me xD it might not be settled in the pic

bluebullitt2003
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
i think it looks stock because i was on the ground and my camera was facing up.....lol

team ERA 5
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
You lowered it? Lol. Kidding it'll settle in.

MBaG
01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
cool story bro. perfect height for off-roading!

jk.

team ERA 5
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
fast and the furious contacted me they wanted to use your car for little blacks civic to go under.

MBaG
01-14-2011, 02:08 AM
fast and the furious contacted me they wanted to use your car for little blacks civic to go under.

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. sorry, i had to.

omgheyitskenny
01-14-2011, 02:16 AM
man you guys love giving him a hard time ;) looks good :P

R34L-St4tus
01-14-2011, 05:36 AM
wow, when i had skunk2 spring, it barely show that much gap. did your say it was a 2.25-3inch drop?

BeaterEP
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
People need to back-read!
Not to worry, they'll settle in.
ALL new suspensions take a little while to settle. Even the HFP setup I'm rockin' settled in pretty nice after a while. Of course it's not slammed or anything, but trust me, when it first goes on you're always gonna be like "WTF?!?". Just give it a little time. :thumbu:

bluebullitt2003
01-14-2011, 08:48 AM
ALL new suspensions take a little while to settle. Even the HFP setup I'm rockin' settled in pretty nice after a while. Of course it's not slammed or anything, but trust me, when it first goes on you're always gonna be like "WTF?!?". Just give it a little time. :thumbu:

haha thanks, this is the first car i have ever lowered. I had no idea it takes time to settle in

jed_averill
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
How much did you buy them for? I'm seeing different kinds of prices. BTW it got me thinking if I should get these or the Raceland coilovers.

bluebullitt2003
01-14-2011, 11:56 AM
the GF bought them for me for christmas. i think she paid 180 shipped

sleepy ep3
01-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Can't beat the price, although with my experience, everything Skunk 2 is rubbish.

MugenReplica
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Looks good. Give it a few days/weeks and it'll settle in. Too low on our cars and you run into all kinds of problems anyways (steering rack creak, scraping your front bumper, scraping your exhaust, wheel bearing problems, etc.). Trust me when I say you will run into all of those if you are dumped too low (I have run into all of those). Disregard the Hellaflush and Slammed crews giving you a hard time.

team ERA 5
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm just messing bro. It'll settle in in a week or two. Post photos of the after looks

bluebullitt2003
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Looks good. Give it a few days/weeks and it'll settle in. Too low on our cars and you run into all kinds of problems anyways (steering rack creak, scraping your front bumper, scraping your exhaust, wheel bearing problems, etc.). Trust me when I say you will run into all of those if you are dumped too low (I have run into all of those). Disregard the Hellaflush and Slammed crews giving you a hard time.

do you think i will run into those problems with the skunk2 springs?

bluebullitt2003
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm just messing bro. It'll settle in in a week or two. Post photos of the after looks

haha no worries. i dont take offense to any of it. I just laugh with it.

I acutally thought the comment regarding little black civics going under my car and fast and the furious was hilarious :)

Tokin_Buds
01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Skunk2's look real nice on EP's from the ones Ive seen.. when something goes wrong with my coilovers I plan on getting Skunk2 springs.

the Skunk2 drop is the "PERFECT" drop for a daily driver..belieeve me, you don't want to be slammed. too much trouble and it takes a lot of dedication,confidence and tons of patience to drive LOW... just isnt worth it, it looks cool but thats about it.

eccramer
01-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Yes, definitely you'll experience those problems, especially on stock struts. When I bought my car (at a little over 35k miles) the previous owner had put those on. The car was uncomfortable, understeered, and would bottom out in the safeway parking lot if I loaded it with a moderate size load of groceries. When I took it on any rough roads, it was terrifying. The suspension had almost no travel before it was slamming the bump stops, and it would get seriously skittish. When I switched to HFP, I lost the dumped look that so many seem to love (no judgement, not my thing, but to each his own), but I gained a lot in handling and comfort. It seriously felt like a different car. My opinion? If you like the dumped look that's fine, but you should DEFINITELY consult a professional, or someone else on here that's experienced, to find a set of aftermarket dampers that match these springs better than stock. Also, camber adjustment in the rear is important, as I was having a serious problems with uneven tire wear in the back. Also, my steering rack no longer creaks, which was a huge problem that I had before.

And before I get hate from people thinking I'm hating on being low? I'll admit that it's not my thing, but I'm just trying to help this guy out so that his car doesn't end up shitty.

Passenger
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Like mugenreplica said, anything too low will eventually give you problems. The safest bet with running springs on stock struts is Eibach Prokit, which is roughly an inch all around. Looks disgusting, not worth the money, but it will not give you problems at all.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs092.snc4/35950_137177969654823_100000878629708_185573_43568 08_n.jpg
Gives a nasty fist sized gap in the front, and still has a decent sized gap in the back. Looks better than stock, handles a little more aggressive, but its not worth the money. I'd enjoy the skunk2s for a couple of years, but after that I'd start to save up some money for a coilover set up. Your drop looks nice and clean though :thumbu:

omgheyitskenny
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Can't beat the price, although with my experience, everything Skunk 2 is rubbish.

Their LCA s are not that bad. The only difference I noticed was going around the track with function 7s on the back felt a little more stable and I was able to acclerate out of the turn a little quicker with out the feeling of the back giving away.

But I will have to admit the skunk 2 LCA's are a pretty solid LCAs so not everything is rubbish

R34L-St4tus
01-15-2011, 08:10 AM

i'm just messing with guy. but yeah it'll settle in like everyone said.
this is mine when it settle in
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/pimpinboy/SANY0066.jpg

bluebullitt2003
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
i'm just messing with guy. but yeah it'll settle in like everyone said.
this is mine when it settle in
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/pimpinboy/SANY0066.jpg

dang that looks clean! is that a volvo lip on there?

MBaG
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
dang that looks clean! is that a volvo lip on there?

looks like the garage door lip. volvo lip is much larger/

civictype_r04
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
this is gonna be a slap to the face but it looks like stock to me xD it might not be settled in the pic

Slap yourself in the face that is no where near stock dude!!!!!!

civictype_r04
01-17-2011, 08:56 PM
By the way I loved mine when I had them!!!!!!

R34L-St4tus
01-18-2011, 06:20 AM
haha thanks, a good quality camera goes a long way..