PDA

View Full Version : My coilover install nightmare

EP3Casas
01-15-2011, 12:53 AM
so i started my coilover install on monday. I barely finished today.

My car ate 2 tie rod ends. The alignment shop told me my rear camber kit was "bent" so i told them to get it as close as the can till i can get the parts in and replace them and re align them so they did. I made a WTB thread as soon as i got home from getting my car.

after i made that post i drove 2 mins to the barber shop and the rear arm that was "bent" stripped out the only 5 threads that was holding it on, on the wheel side which is why they said it was "bent" when it was just backed out too much on one side. so when i arrived at the barber shop my tire was resting on the inside frame wheel well and i had to do some surgery in the grocery store parking lot. what makes it worse is that i gave it to them with 10 thread on each side so i have no damn clue what they did and why they did that.

i called them and notified them of my situation and gave them an ear full. I think i hurt their business pretty good seeing as how my car is pretty popular with the local car crowd here in town. I did get them to replace the kit and reimburse me and they even offered to do another alignment after i reinstalled the parts.I told them im going elsewhere.

thanks a lot for your pm's tho had they not covered it i would have had a lot of kits to choose froom. ephatch fam and friends who at a phone call show up with tools and jacks FTMFW

omgheyitskenny
01-15-2011, 01:35 AM
wow.. just wow is all I have to say

I don't think my experience was that bad. Installed coils last week, went to alignment shop 2 days ago. Took them 3 hrs to do it and as I'm driving off theres loud clanking noise coming from driver wheel and a ton of vibration on the cluch. I pulled over in a motel parking lot and I was able to turn the lug nuts with my hands.....

ep3jd
01-15-2011, 06:01 AM

I don't think my experience was that bad. Installed coils last week, went to alignment shop 2 days ago. Took them 3 hrs to do it and as I'm driving off theres loud clanking noise coming from driver wheel and a ton of vibration on the cluch. I pulled over in a motel parking lot and I was able to turn the lug nuts with my hands.....

Yup. If a shop did that to me I would completely blow up on them. Imagine if your wheel fell off at 60+ mph... Seriously scary.

omgheyitskenny
01-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Yup. If a shop did that to me I would completely blow up on them. Imagine if your wheel fell off at 60+ mph... Seriously scary.

Ya I was really pissed. Orignally I used to car for road racing and autox so I had nothing in the car so I twisted the lugs the best I could with my hands and since I was 1 block from the alignment shop I drove 15-20mph back to the shop holding up traffic and by the time I got there I only had 3 lug nuts. They comp'ed me a future alignment free

ep3jd
01-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Ya I was really pissed. Orignally I used to car for road racing and autox so I had nothing in the car so I twisted the lugs the best I could with my hands and since I was 1 block from the alignment shop I drove 15-20mph back to the shop holding up traffic and by the time I got there I only had 3 lug nuts. They comp'ed me a future alignment free

thats ridiculous. i would have walked back and made them go to the car. did the wheels wobble? if so your wheels are basically ruined.. this happened to me. the wheel was shaking around and the lugs fell off from some moron and once i stopped the lug holes were expanded and the wheel never really sat normal ahain..

talonXracer
01-16-2011, 07:22 AM

Why would they have removed the wheels to do an alignment? Absolutely no need to remove them.

omgheyitskenny
01-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Why would they have removed the wheels to do an alignment? Absolutely no need to remove them.

Beats me...