PDA

View Full Version : D16Y8 Help

04EP3Hatch
01-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey guys, a lot of you know i have my ep3 obviously, but i also own a 99 EX coupe with 151k on the clock that i daily. i just recently started having issues with it, couple of months ago the exhaust manifold cracked and the cat flange broke. so i just recently replaced both the manifold and cat with OEM peices, and now that problem is fixed, but a while back i also started having an idle issue. i would come to a stop and the car would idle about 1500rpms for 15 seconds or so then slowly fall to a 800rpm idle. well it progressively got worse, then it threw a code for idle air system and the car was very difficult to drive. bucked really bad and had a 2200rpm (more or less) limiter. So i pulled the iacv off to find the screen clogged to hell. so i cleaned it. all was good for a little. then it started again last night. got off the highway from a 25 miles 80mph cruise and it loped between 1900 and 1000 and after about 30 seconds found its idle. so i replaced the iacv last night with a used one from a freind and its doing the same thing! not loping, but holding at 1500rpms after a drive. anyone have a clue? i'd love to hear opinions. im thinking possible purge solenoid? i have NO CEL as of right now

AKEP
01-15-2011, 01:21 PM
double check your vacuum. maybe your cracked a crusty vac line. go rent a guage from the parts store, or buy it.

was the IAC dirty again after your took it off the 2nd time?

04EP3Hatch
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
double check your vacuum. maybe your cracked a crusty vac line. go rent a guage from the parts store, or buy it.

was the IAC dirty again after your took it off the 2nd time?

naa it was clean. i actually think i fixed it, i did the 1 of 2 ways the honda service manual specifies to re-learn the idle, i warmed it up until the fan kicked on, unpluggged the iacv, then set the idle to around 600rpm with the screw on the TB, then i shut it off, pulled the ecu fuse for 10 seconds and reinserted it. plugged the iacv back in and started it, but this time i let it run for aabout a half an hour at an idle. and it seems all sorts of good so far

AKEP
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
so you fixed it?

i always break vac lines :mcry: