PDA

View Full Version : What tuning can be done before adding the S/C ?

T-BAR
01-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Im new to the tuning world and am planning on adding a supercharger to my EP3, but before i get to that i wanted to find out what kind, if any, of modifications can be done prior. I.e. exhaust, intake, headers, etc. Or if it all has to be done after the supercharger ?

Any advice is appreciated !

makavelibranded
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Idk if they still do meets and whatnot but heres a local thread for you to meet people. Are you installing it? theres a couple ep'ers that have done it out there.(I used to live in Vegas)
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?45403-nevada-where-you-at/page12

If you want the max amount of hp from it youll want a race header, cold air intake, and most any exhausts will be fine dont get the HKS though the piping is 2.25 were most others are 2.5.

T-BAR
01-15-2011, 11:30 PM
the plan was to install a header, cold air intake, and most likely an apexi exhaust, i just wasnt sure if i could do those first....also im probably gonna have hondoctors do the install, its above my technical know how....

EP3Casas
01-16-2011, 12:20 AM
of course you can do all that stuff first. I would recommend you not have the supercharger installed until you can have some technical know how. if you didnt know you could add this stuff prior to the supercharger you are behind the curve. Learn somethings then have the shop install. just my .2

T-BAR
01-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Its more of this being the first thing with 4 wheels ive ever owned, you dont really have to do much on a bike, the bigger reason towards the hesitation was that id heard with a turbo you cant do anything till after the unit was installed and wasnt sure if it worked that way with a supercharger, being new the only way to learn is to ask

makavelibranded
01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Its more of this being the first thing with 4 wheels ive ever owned, you dont really have to do much on a bike, the bigger reason towards the hesitation was that id heard with a turbo you cant do anything till after the unit was installed and wasnt sure if it worked that way with a supercharger, being new the only way to learn is to ask

Dont go to any shop out there there crap, I dont remember to well but I think royinvegas had problems at that shop. Do not go to Regulate if its still there. Had them wire up some gauges for me and the fuckers put it through my alarm so if I armed my car the battery would drain, also they rail on customer cars, and over charge seriously, guy comes in and asks how much to install an intake he says "$60" "oh wait that has 2 bolts man that gonna be another $20" fucker knew if he pulled that shit with me id walk out.

Talk to Guradian and see if he is available. He installed my Turbo kit and did an awsome job, and an amazing price. Also yes you can order those 3 parts now youll gain a few hp not much but itll be fun. I understand what you mean by not wanting to do your own work, now that I have a garage to got to if need be I do what I can by myself as long as I can find a DIY thread lol.

Tnhatch03
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
i would suggest to research before you do anything.

save save save.

EP3Casas
01-16-2011, 11:14 PM

Turbos can be a complicated system that relocates some accesories and adding some here and there. If you are new to the game. the same thing can be said for superchargers. Imo. It "bolts right on" but it can be more than one bargained for.

Just wait it out and save yourself a huge headache when something goes wrong.

T-BAR
01-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Im thinking im going to take care of what i can for now and wait and see how the ep feels with minor mods, since i am buying a ap2 in july. again planning on just doing intake, headers and exhaust for now (maybe kpro as well), then find out if i want to do the s/c after buying the new(er) car. if no then hey ive got my fun and if so then i dont have to spend money (and time) twice.

however either way no mods are being done till june, so i have 6 months to research and plan, maybe ill have enough know how in that time to do the installs on my own or find a car smart friend to teach/assist me

and to quash anything now, the ap2 will get a hardtop and thats it, strictly a weekend driver for enjoyment and roadtrips

66elwood99
01-29-2011, 07:26 AM
I have a SC'd ep and a AP1. They are to different driving experiences. At first I was like "wtf why the hardtop?" then I saw that you live in the desert and AC is a must.....

Six months is a lot of time to read, best of luck and keep us posted...

sleepy ep3
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Turbos can be a complicated system that relocates some accesories and adding some here and there. If you are new to the game. the same thing can be said for superchargers. Imo. It "bolts right on" but it can be more than one bargained for.

Just wait it out and save yourself a huge headache when something goes wrong.

It never just "bolts right on", lol. Even if it does, some of the bolts can be a mutherfu$&@?! To get to. I still hate that bottom turbo bolt.