PDA

View Full Version : ENGINE COVER fitting

McTaggart34
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I would like to know if this THIS (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ENGINE+COVER)
will fit over my fuel rail gauge here are some pictures

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/Dr_greenthumb1/IMG_0780.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/Dr_greenthumb1/IMG_0778.jpg

usedep3
01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
not with out any modification

McTaggart34
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
could i just plug the spot where the gauge goes ? I just need to hide the fuel rail for the insurance to look at my car :S

civictype_r04
01-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Turn the gauge dude!!!

McTaggart34
01-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Turn the gauge dude!!!

can't be turned. Unless i get new fittings

McTaggart34
01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Turn the gauge dude!!!

can't be turned. Unless i get new fittings

japarossa
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Thats it just go to home depot and get a plug to put in there, just long enough to have the insurance company look at it. Or go to home depot and get a male/female fitting to bring that gauge out a bit more so you can turn it down without it hitting the fuel rail. Damn insurance companies in Ontario!!!!!!!

McTaggart34
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Thats it just go to home depot and get a plug to put in there, just long enough to have the insurance company look at it. Or go to home depot and get a male/female fitting to bring that gauge out a bit more so you can turn it down without it hitting the fuel rail. Damn insurance companies in Ontario!!!!!!!
Thats sound like a good plan . Ya tell me about it i was drop from TD insurance for little mods

japarossa
01-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Thats sound like a good plan . Ya tell me about it i was drop from TD insurance for little mods

Well TD is one of the worst. I have a friend who works for them and she told me they will cancel a policy if you have any mods. The funny thing is what they consider to be a modification, everything from non-oem wheels to aftermarket DVD players in the dash. You need to look into a new insurance company for sure. Go through a broker they will take better care of you than the big insurance companies like TD.

McTaggart34
01-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Ya they pick up on stupid thing like a Garmin gps but that wasn't the main thing. The guy that took the pictures said as soon as the cars lowered the look under the hood and i got screwd over with the aem fuel rail, well that and rims, lowered, sub, deck, and exhaust. Shit

Iam going to try Bel-Air direct. :S

BeaterEP
01-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Refund.
Those bitches wanna drop you for some simple-ass mods, you get back all the premiums you paid.

Fucking hate insurance companies, and I'm just here in the States. Can't imagine the kinda rage I'd have going if I had to deal with that level of ass-hattery...

japarossa
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Refund.
Those bitches wanna drop you for some simple-ass mods, you get back all the premiums you paid.

Fucking hate insurance companies, and I'm just here in the States. Can't imagine the kinda rage I'd have going if I had to deal with that level of ass-hattery...

Hahaha that would be nice if that was the way it worked but you would only get money back if you had payed in advance, they would have to pay back any months still outstanding. In Canada they can't cancel you after an accident and just send you a check for your premiums, they will give you what you paid for under your policy and when your car is all fixed up again they will cancel you.

OP you might want to try Progressive or Economical if you have any more problems. They will insure anything as long as you pay the premiums.

McTaggart34
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Hahaha that would be nice if that was the way it worked but you would only get money back if you had payed in advance, they would have to pay back any months still outstanding. In Canada they can't cancel you after an accident and just send you a check for your premiums, they will give you what you paid for under your policy and when your car is all fixed up again they will cancel you.

OP you might want to try Progressive or Economical if you have any more problems. They will insure anything as long as you pay the premiums.
There not in Canada are they ?