PDA

View Full Version : Broken shifter cables need help

captaingamez
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I cant move my car because of a broken shifter cable. i need to get a set pronto but i dont have the money to spend on the dealership (like 134.99) and i cant find a set on the internet, none currently on ebay. I ordered a set last week and last night i found out that they were out of stock, i paid like 55 bucks for em and got my money back, but today i could only shift into 2 and 4,while i searched for 1 3 and 5 without any success finding them. Amazing luck, right? So im pretty well screwed at the moment since i am not about to drive in 2 and 4.
So, does anyone know where i can get a set of cables for less than 80 bucks. any salvage yards near you that have an ep, any one you know parting one. please let me know cause i need to be operational ASAP.

thanks.

HondaFreak
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
$93.91 at majestic. Good luck.

Christian

talonXracer
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I highly doubt you would ever see a part like this on fleabay, fleabay is not the answer to life people, Go to a salvage yard and get one dirt cheap.

Also are you sure you need a new cable? Did you have someone move the shifter and verify that the shifter arm is not moving on the trans?

captaingamez
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
yea i need cables definitely, unlike some i am a mechanic and work on my car.
i already found a set on ebay, in fact a bunch of sets, but either went out of stock or too expensive.
What salvage yard has an EP3? and btw in phoenix they always cut the cables at yards to remove the tranny, dont ask why, they just do.
and pick and pull would be a total wast of my time.
so does anyone have any helpful additions? if i have to go through majestic, it would have to wait til payday next week which means i have to wait another week to recieve it. 2 weeks no driving i cant do.

NGS
01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm having the same problem here, well almost the same i do find the speeds but for some reason when the road gets bumpy or if I turn left to hard it throws the speed, mostly 3 and 5. I was thinking motor mounts or cables, anyone had this problem before?