PDA

View Full Version : I am Making a Book. For Ep's...For Honda enthusiast

ImportCustomx
01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
So i do design/print work for a living.

I had some spare time today and i was playing in indesign/photoshop/illustrator...

i am going to take all the information i see online and make a book.

Its going to be about Honda. my love for them, why i love them, and then the rest is going to be random information and mainley "keyboard ninja" opinions.

I am looking for some really informative website links. (forum direct thread links etc)

I am a member obv of this site, crxcommunity.com, k20.org, clubep3,clubrsx, etc etc.

i want to just add all of their stickies, useful info etc and make a nifty little booklet organized and just hanging out.
or post up another forum that has helped you. maybe some of your favorite sites etc.

mainley for people that are just getting into, or people that just want random info.

sooooo

if you have any special threads or any special info that has really struck you informative...post a link

Do it like this

Thread on wiring for swaps etc
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40018

------

That way i can organize this thread.... and make a nice simple coffee table book :) it might take 1 month..it might take 1 year..who knows..but useful factual info please post it up...any good opinions and style of doing things..post it up.

Dont bash my thread, dont ask me why...i dont ask why you dress up in womens underwear and jam random large objects in your bum...so dont ask why.

just good links are to be posted.

thanks everyone. Major contributors will be able to help structure the book etc.

ace of spades
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I think this is an interesting idea. are you talking about creating a book that is the go to for everything needed for anything Honda? like creating a hard copy of the internet wrapped in a binding? EP3 specific would be killer.

rjmq06
01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
yeah i agree this would be a great book for car and honda lovers out there,
man i work at the library ill definitely wait for your book bro goodluck

and if i ever came across an interesting story ill send it to you

jubaque
01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
THANK GOD!. I'll be waiting :)

Tnhatch03
01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
making a book is cool...

making money off of others, not so much.

just be careful how you do this.

Draw7Seven
01-21-2011, 11:46 PM
making a book is cool...

This.

sbRR
01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I agree with Tnhatch03 and Draw7Seven. I like the idea of a book. It could be really helpful.

RedSiBaron
01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
If you don't include 84-87 civics and crxs im not buying it...go here for knowledge

Www.redpepperracing.com

ImportCustomx
01-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Dont you worry...i know a certain someones red crx who will be featured..you gotta remember...i used to own 2 crx's..i had a featured car on crx community.

Making money surely...not selling it through this website though. it will be a legitimate perfect bound book. I have to get emailed permission to use certain peoples articles.

It will take some time.

Like i said people...POST DIRECT LINKS TO INFORMATION

Honda_boy83
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry don't have any links at the moment, but think this is a great idea!

ImportCustomx
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
its happening..im working on it as we speak. i just want people to Post Up Links!

ace of spades
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
the internet is free and I have it on my phone...

i_love_my_ep3!
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
come on bro really... hes asking for links beside you dont have buy this book anway:gheywa:

BUMP UP UP UP for anyone with good links will be looking forward to see how your book turns out:mcool:

ImportCustomx
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM

i could personally give a shit less what you have to offer then

EPSU3
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
go for it man! There are tons of car books at barnes and noble and such but I've never seen a honda only book. Jump on it! Also, be careful talking about it until its published. I'm working on a children's book and my coworkers have a few books published and idea theft is rampant in publishing. best of luck!

PatrickJamesYu
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I have to pay for my internet :(
and for my phone..
And for the internet, on my phone

I'm missing out

socmex7
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I have to pay for my internet :(
and for my phone..
And for the internet, on my phone

I'm missing out

mee too.. I wish I could get back on that parent thing! lol

i'll look for some links this weekend, this sounds cool

Tnhatch03
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
providing a link gets a member royalties you say?

lol

ImportCustomx
02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
yes, free handjobs for a year from the first date of the first handjob. no more than 3 day within a 3 hour span. no more than 600 a year. see store for details

:D

But in the end i will have a special thank you section to certain users who actually help..so far this thread is useless.

crushes my little heart

pretty soon i am just going to delete everyones posts and just wait till i get posts like i stated in my op. :D i can do that :D

MBaG
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
meatspin.com

jk, good luck with your book.

ImportCustomx
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
meatspin.com

jk, good luck with your book.

another useless post.... *sigh*

brian1414
11-10-2012, 09:53 PM
making a book is cool...

+1

ImportCustomx
11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Still in progress, no-one really put much up.

not doing it for money, doing it in my spare time becuase i can. I'm a graphic designer by trade, thats my job, so when i have time i plug away at this.

If anyone has things that they may feel are relevant please drop some knowledge on a brotha!

Her-Name's-Ally
11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
are you talking about individual threats from these sites?
for instance
EP3/ DC5 suspension Info
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=569763
??

ImportCustomx
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
yup! just like that.

it will keep everything organized so i know what i am looking at and when i refer back i am not having to rip through hyperlinks galore.

Steering rack creek fix
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?66801-Steering-Rack&p=684301&viewfull=1#post684301