PDA

View Full Version : skunk2 Megapower exhaust

SiBoosting11
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
i am looking into buying a skunk2 megapower off my friend who had it on his rsx type s, i was wondering if it would fit my ep3, and what the piping diameter is on the ep3.
Thanks guys

KaeDu
01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Do you have a stock exhaust? It will fit but you will need to get a custom piece for a cat delete or you will have to cut. Is it the RR or just Mega Power exhaust?

SiBoosting11
01-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes right now its stock exhaust, the whole car is actually stock. So I guess I'd need to get old one cut off and new one welded?

And yeah its a megapower

KaeDu
01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
I assume that you have the stock K20A3? If this is the case, and you have some money to invest, I would get the headers (exhaust manifold) and test pipe/high flow catalytic converter at the same time. The issue that you are going to run into is that once it's welded and you get more parts you have to get it cut and welded again.

Another thing is that the SKunk2 Exhaust isn't something that I would just hack up.

AKEP
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Another thing is that the SKunk2 Exhaust isn't something that I would just hack up.

and get a privatelabel/kiddracing race header, then the minimal hacking that you would do would be to the axleback.

SiBoosting11
01-21-2011, 11:17 PM
so what would be the suggestions for setup as far as exhaust/headers, and test pipe.
Please keep in mind that im not trying to spend a lot of money and i want a nice deep tone.
Thanks for all the help

KaeDu
01-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I would recommend the above listed KiddKrusher Header mated with a custom test pipe (any exhaust shop can make you one) with your already purchased skunk2 exhaust. I am assuming you have the entire exhaust and not just the axle back right?

Just be sure check for the O2 sensor holes that come int he exhaust that have to be before and after the test pipe. I would also recommend that you get a defouler to save your O2 sensors. If you have questions with any of the parts that were mentioned just google or reply.

AUTiger
01-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Don't worry about a custom testpipe. get a type-s race header, but the exhaust will still need modification. Like previously stated it will be from the axelback section primarily. Now I don't think it sounds bad at all, but I may catch some slack by saying that I am yet to hear a skunk2 exhaust mated with a raceheader that I can stand, only because I don't like super loud and skunk2 exhausts are not designed to be deep, growl and moderate sound. Which is why I would never go with their RR turbo exhaust when I go turbo. It will be a custom one that I have yet to see and can only hope to be like an orgasm to my ears at WOT, but tolerable when cruising.

KaeDu
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Good Luck AUTiger!

AUTiger
01-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Good Luck AUTiger!

I'm going to need it, haha. I'm going with a good resonator, probably the 3in. vibrant ultra quiet and for the muffler, a hushpower pro series w/ turndown.

Martian Si
05-12-2011, 11:42 PM
bumping this:
im also looking into getting a megapower rr, i'm boosted so ixnay on the header bs, what would i have to do to make it fit?

AKEP
05-13-2011, 08:17 AM
slice a couple inches from the axle back piping. like i said earlier. if the dp meets your stock cat or ep spec cat-back, then you'll need to cut 2-3 inches off the skunk 2 mid pipe.

Martian Si
05-13-2011, 09:29 AM
slice a couple inches from the axle back piping. like i said earlier. if the dp meets your stock cat or ep spec cat-back, then you'll need to cut 2-3 inches off the skunk 2 mid pipe.

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/images/products/p_SK2_MRREXHAUST.jpg
axle back pipe, mid pipe...all i understand is pipe. :mam:, but seriously, can you show me tyhe areas you mean?

AKEP
05-13-2011, 11:34 AM
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae136/mugenep3/p_SK2_MRREXHAUST.jpg
the cat would connect to the other end of the mid pipe and your down pipe would either connect to the cat or the midpipe, depending on what turbo kit you're running.

AKEP
05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
i think i said that wrong.

the megapower rr is rsx spec, so you shouldn't have to cut anything off the midpipe. just the axle back. you might need a little piece of extension from the dp/cat to get it to fit if the kit is ep spec.

Martian Si
05-13-2011, 11:40 AM
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae136/mugenep3/p_SK2_MRREXHAUST.jpg
the cat would connect to the other end of the mid pipe and your down pipe would either connect to the cat or the midpipe, depending on what turbo kit you're running.

i think i said that wrong.

the megapower rr is rsx spec, so you shouldn't have to cut anything off the midpipe. just the axle back. you might need a little piece of extension from the dp/cat to get it to fit if the kit is ep spec.what part of the axle back? just enough to make it fit the length of the ep3? and lol, revhard kit.

Martian Si
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
such an extension like a flex pipe?

AKEP
05-13-2011, 12:04 PM
most ideal part is either RIGHT behind the canister, or the flange.

idk anything about revhard kit. lol. i have ebay.

Martian Si
05-13-2011, 12:13 PM
revhard shouldnt be any dif..unless you have an ebay sidewinder. same log manifold.

the canister/flange being right there close the muffler with the bend over the rear axle?

AKEP
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
canister/muffler, tomatoe/tomatoe. between the bazooka on the end and the bent pipe going into the back of it =]

Martian Si
05-13-2011, 04:13 PM
ohh, kk, now i get it. thnks

hothatch
05-13-2011, 08:29 PM
I have a skunk2 mega power r for sale for our ep3s.I gotta sell

cyclonejoker
07-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Hothatck, how much for the skunk2 mega power r ?