PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal issue

blckep3
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
my clutch gives out on me at times... loses complete pressure... than come back..... im thinking its the slave cylinder???

Tnhatch03
01-21-2011, 10:28 PM
moved to Transmission section.

how many miles are on the tranny? notice any leaks?

RedSiBaron
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Check clutch master and slave cylinder...my guess is master...its one of the two

smykhaisouk
01-27-2011, 12:40 PM
yeah its gonna be your master cylinder. i just replaced mine and the pressure on the clutch pedal is back to 100%. shifting is better and lesser grinds. it was a pain in the ass to remove due to limited space but it can be done on your own. be patient and DO NOT FORGET TO REPLACE THE O-RING. i had to remove and re-install this damn thing twice!!

Manny Kid 15
01-31-2011, 08:07 AM
this is happening to me today...turned on my car felt weird putting it in reverse drove it out of my driveway and when i tried putting it in 1st it wouldnt give...waited a minute and then it barely went in....can i be having the same issue or could it be shifter cable

RedSiBaron
01-31-2011, 10:17 AM
this is happening to me today...turned on my car felt weird putting it in reverse drove it out of my driveway and when i tried putting it in 1st it wouldnt give...waited a minute and then it barely went in....can i be having the same issue or could it be shifter cable

No, that sounds more like your clutch puked a spring...its a common problem with stock clutches...if you were having the same problem as the OP you would have a soft clutch, if you had a cable problem it would either be jammed or loose...if you've never touched the shifter cables its not going to be those...if you've done base bushings on the tranny, look, if they are still connected I vote its them...like I said I think youur clutch popped a spring

Manny Kid 15
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
no i dont have a stock clutch...sorry maybe i should have mentioned i have a stage 2 ACT clutch kit and has been used for about 35-40k.... BTW i took my car to my mechanic and he told me that it was the Clutch Master Cylinder that it has a leak and thats why i am not having any power in the clutch pedal...so to the OP you might want to get that checked

RedSiBaron
01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
no i dont have a stock clutch...sorry maybe i should have mentioned i have a stage 2 ACT clutch kit and has been used for about 35-40k.... BTW i took my car to my mechanic and he told me that it was the Clutch Master Cylinder that it has a leak and thats why i am not having any power in the clutch pedal...so to the OP you might want to get that checked

ya we already told the op that...glad you figured it out...next time give better info and we can help you better because you didnt give any info that said CMC...not trying to be a dick...

Manny Kid 15
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
ya we already told the op that...glad you figured it out...next time give better info and we can help you better because you didnt give any info that said CMC...not trying to be a dick...
Yeah sorry about that..i tend to do that a lot miss out key info...i will try better for future purposes

RedSiBaron
01-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah sorry about that..i tend to do that a lot miss out key info...i will try better for future purposes

just so i can help you better :mbiggrin:

blckep3
02-20-2011, 11:31 PM
end result. i changed master cylinder.... than the pressure plate wasnt catching... we took it apart... the clutch was completely finished.. new clutch... re faced flywheel..