PDA

View Full Version : Just test drove a '02 Si

slowcivic4now
07-17-2002, 06:38 PM
I was really surprised at how smooth the engine was and how refined it was. When the salesman started the engine I could barely hear the thing! Well anyways, my dad drove it and he(being that he's not much of a Honda fan) was totally "awed" by it. It was funny because he kept comparing it to WW GTi's and how nice the interior was....and man he loved the power! And so did I...although the redline did come to quickly. Anyways the salesman didn't know much about the car himself and actually said," These cars are made to be driven hard, and when you reach the redline the TURBO kicks in!":rolleyes: And during that time he was bouncing off the rev-limiter like crazy.."Honda made these engines to be abused," he continued.. True in a way, but not so you can bounce off the limiter at 80mph on the freeway all the time! haha but he was cool though, just that he didn't know much...he was telling me how you can add headers and blah blah blah...funny thing is that when he said headers, he pointed at the intake manifold LOL but it's okay I doubt he knew the engines were mounted the other way or whatever the correct term is. But yeah, I love that car great handling/power and I love how you reach 80mph so quickly and with so much ease!! Time for me to start bankin in some $$$$!!

BlackSi2002
07-17-2002, 08:01 PM
yea most dealers don't know that much about the cars they are selling. i love my ep, you should buy one, you will only love it more if you buy it, believe me. yea they hit 110 pretty easy, i've been out cruising about on the highway doing 90 and not even realizing it. that is also the problem with these cars, you have to be carefull of your going to get a ticket,haha. good luck on getting the car, later

steven