PDA

View Full Version : could i just run with only a primary o2 sensor on the exhaust with kpro?

Bishops223
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
i have a small leak in my exhaust by where my o2 sensors are and im going to go get it fixed on monday and im wondering if i just had the exhaust shop weld up a piece of pipe with just the primary o2 sensor without a secondary even on the pipe will this work with no cat and kpro?

thanks guys i appreciate the help

Falcon7
01-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Kpro has an option that lets you disable OBDII functions which includes the secondary O2 sensor.

I'm running a race header now and I haven't gotten any codes for the secondary O2 sensor. However, I've never unplugged the secondary O2 sensor completely.

My guess is that it will run fine, but I would test it first before having a piece made that deletes it entirely.

Bishops223
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
thanks for the help and yea i would think that with the settings in kpro turned to off for the secondary o2 sensor that it wouldnt need to actually be on the exhaust

AUTiger
01-22-2011, 10:04 PM
i had the diy sim for the 02 sensor on my dcrh and all was good. When I swapped to a k24a1 and krrh the shop used the clubrsx angled defouler I bought and when they fired it up I threw a code for the secondary immediately. No biggie after I disabled it in k-pro. I am planning on going turbo and just plan on running the a/f gauge off of the secondary bung location and just disabling the secondary sensor.

Bishops223
01-23-2011, 05:58 AM
thanks man and yea i have the angled defouler from clubrsx but when i go get my exhaust fixed on monday i might just have them put a new primary sensor bung in but just leave out the secondary since i dont need it anyways and ill just shut it off on kpro..im turboed also if that helps any

talonXracer
01-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Removal of the secondary o2 sensor does not impact the engine. But without it you will never pass an OBDII emissions test, dont now if you have any such test currently in WV(though they will be required in all states here shortly)

Bishops223
01-23-2011, 07:06 AM
thanks talon and yea i dont have any emissions tests in wv and its pretty easy for me to get an inspection sticker on my car because i kno some people that own shops

PAPITUYO326
01-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I've run without the 2ndary O2 for a while. Plugged it up with a bolt/gasket. No issues as long as you have the option set in kpro.

Bishops223
01-23-2011, 09:11 AM
thanks man

talonXracer
01-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I would take a used, shot secondary sensor and cut the connector off and double the ends over and heat shrink them and then plug it into the secondaries chassis side plug to kepp the connector clean and corrosion free and allow future use(who know's)

Jrw
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Could you put the af gauge sensor in place of the second instead of welding a new bunge?

cloumep3
01-26-2011, 09:00 AM
I have delete CAT with raceheader + Kpro and no problem with emissions. No check engine light!