PDA

View Full Version : Need to know right tire size.

SkareKrow
01-22-2011, 10:07 PM
What would be a good size for my car since I have 16' rims and I am going to be dropping it really soon as my other post said. H&R Springs / Bilstien struts (Koni) still not sure, T1R Camber Kit. What would be a good tire size. Right now I am rolling on.
205/50/R16 But they are so rare and expensive to get, What else do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for replying and viewing as well as posting.

SkareKrow
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Bump anyone for different tire size?...

omgheyitskenny
01-23-2011, 03:28 PM
16 by what is the rim size? 205/50 is fine you'll just have a fat tire :D

SkareKrow
01-24-2011, 02:08 AM
16 by what is the rim size? 205/50 is fine you'll just have a fat tire :D

Here are some pics of my wheels.. Im noobish to the tires/wheels etc,
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nPsSmdo6l10/TTvM4aophFI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/eQxWgbPZcEw/s640/IMAG0464.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nPsSmdo6l10/TTvM4ii6WvI/AAAAAAAAAjI/M7U0WNmqgUg/s640/IMAG0463.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nPsSmdo6l10/TTvM4OLvqzI/AAAAAAAAAjM/fN6NZu5Bbg0/s640/IMAG0462.jpg

RedSiBaron
01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Leave that tire size, its actually a fairly common tire size...next set of tires get 205/50/16 goodyear eagle gts...these are the best all season tires I've ever owned, they are fantastic in all conditions, but better than those falkens...

Don't ever change tiresize overall diameter, it throws off your speedo/odometer, and it looks funny

If you run any wider tire, you'll need to roll your fenders and/or run some weird camber to fit...

The type r ran 205s from the factoryon the 17s...if you have the right tire that's more than enough tire for the street, in 04/05 type rs, honda switched to a 215 on the 17s

Just some info to keep in mind

SkareKrow
01-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Leave that tire size, its actually a fairly common tire size...next set of tires get 205/50/16 goodyear eagle gts...these are the best all season tires I've ever owned, they are fantastic in all conditions, but better than those falkens...

Don't ever change tiresize overall diameter, it throws off your speedo/odometer, and it looks funny

If you run any wider tire, you'll need to roll your fenders and/or run some weird camber to fit...

The type r ran 205s from the factoryon the 17s...if you have the right tire that's more than enough tire for the street, in 04/05 type rs, honda switched to a 215 on the 17s

Just some info to keep in mind
Damn and RedSiBaron! Gives me a good answer again But when I lower do I need to get different size of tires because my rear tires are almost done and I am going to be getting two more tires for the rear right now my fronts which you see are almost brand new maybe like 1 month old or so. But When I lower it will I need a different tire size, Im wondering because of the fact that The next time I change tires will probably after I lower it so I would like to know now since Im already going to get the tires. Plus I dont want to roll fenders unless its my last resort. (First of all I dont know how to roll a fender, Second of all I will figure it out! LoL). Thank you again for all the advice, Just wondering though. I would appreciate it.

Distance
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Damn and RedSiBaron! Gives me a good answer again But when I lower do I need to get different size of tires because my rear tires are almost done and I am going to be getting two more tires for the rear right now my fronts which you see are almost brand new maybe like 1 month old or so. But When I lower it will I need a different tire size, Im wondering because of the fact that The next time I change tires will probably after I lower it so I would like to know now since Im already going to get the tires. Plus I dont want to roll fenders unless its my last resort. (First of all I dont know how to roll a fender, Second of all I will figure it out! LoL). Thank you again for all the advice, Just wondering though. I would appreciate it.

What suspension are you lowering it on? Also how low are you planning to be? You won't need to change out tires once you lower as long as you get an alignment at the same time. If your rubbing then your choices are either to roll the fenders or camber it to where it won't rub.

Edit: reread first post. With h and r springs you should be at a 2 inch drop. You will be fine with 205 50 16. Just get an alignment so you don't burn thru tires cause of camber wear.

cloumep3
01-24-2011, 03:40 PM
I got 225/50/16's on mine with about and 1" to 1.25" drop. The fronts don't rub, but the rear def. rubs with ppl in the back. If it's just me or front passenger, it doesn't rub.

SkareKrow
01-25-2011, 12:56 AM
What suspension are you lowering it on? Also how low are you planning to be? You won't need to change out tires once you lower as long as you get an alignment at the same time. If your rubbing then your choices are either to roll the fenders or camber it to where it won't rub.

Edit: reread first post. With h and r springs you should be at a 2 inch drop. You will be fine with 205 50 16. Just get an alignment so you don't burn thru tires cause of camber wear.
Thank you for the advice, I guess I will be sticking with my 205/50/R16. Yeah I am going to try to figure out how to do the correct measurement on the camber to get it right.
Plus I had this post on what would be good with H&R Springs.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?61040-What-goes-good-with-H-amp-R-Springs...
If you want to take a look at it. Thank you though again for the quick replies etc,

I got 225/50/16's on mine with about and 1" to 1.25" drop. The fronts don't rub, but the rear def. rubs with ppl in the back. If it's just me or front passenger, it doesn't rub.

For sure thanks for the advice on that. I think I'll end up sticking to the same tire I keep using. 205/50-16R. Thanks though! Appreciate it!