PDA

View Full Version : Spray Paint Graffiti on Vehicle..

Postman158
01-23-2011, 01:36 PM
I work for an ambulance company and upon arriving at work today... one of our ambulances was tagged by a spray can all across the side. Yes, I'm furious, but at least my co-worker's cars were untouched. How would one go about removing spray paint from vehicle paint?

The reason why I'm asking is because with my new ep3 being parked here for the duration of my 12hr shift, I'm worried it might happen to me from some punk kid.

EPo3Hatch
01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Bug and tar remover...works great for everything else, not sure about spray paint but its safe on car paint

Postman158
01-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Sounds good, I'll let my supervisor know.

POOPTOOTH
01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
A 5 sec search turned up this...

"Ways to Remove Spray Paint from Car

The Basic - Water and Soap: Though this may seem as a very obvious method of removing spray paint, it does work. All you need for this spray paint removal method is a bucket of hot water and a mild detergent. Simply scrub the paint with the help of a cloth. This solution will definitely help remove the spray paint, unless you allow the spray paint to dry up and then try to remove it! Just like any other stains, a spray paint stain also needs to be attended immediately. Read more on how to remove paint from car.

Nail Polish Remover: It might sound weird that the use of nail polish can help to remove spray paint from car. But it is true, most of the nail polish contain acetone in it, it is acetone which helps to remove the stubborn paint. Simply dip a soft cloth into the nail polish remover and lightly rub on the spray paint. Though this is a simple procedure, do it slowly as you might remove the original car paint too! Once the spray paint is removed, splash water on that spot and rub off with a dry cloth. One of the most important things to keep in mind is to keep the nail polish remover away from rubber ends of the car. Acetone can dissolve rubber in a minute, so be careful while using it. Read more on car wash.

Petrol: Petrol or gasoline can also be used for removing spray paint from car. The procedure is simple, dip a soft cloth in a petrol container and gently rub on the spray painted area. Be careful as the petrol can remove the original paint of the car also, so rub only the specific area with petrol. Wash the car with lukewarm water when done. You might need to add detergent to the lukewarm water to get rid of the petrol smell. Also wax the car as it will be easier to remove the paint, if it gets spray painted again. Read more on car waxing.

Rubbing Compound: Rubbing compound can also be used for removing spray paint from cars. If you are wondering as to where you can get a rubbing compound, you need not worry as it is available at any auto parts store. Just like all the previous methods, use a cloth to rub the rubbing compound on the spray paint. Apply evenly and then rub off vigorously, the spray paint will come off. Microfiber cloth is more useful for removing the spray paint, microfiber cloth is also available in auto part stores."

You can also buy stuff at Pep boys specifically for the purpose of spray paint removal. Good luck!

Postman158
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks dude, I'll have to consider those as well!

miah
01-26-2011, 12:26 AM
checkout my profile and let me know if that looks like the spray paint that u are worried about then ill let u know how i took it off