PDA

View Full Version : question for Buddy Club Short Shifter owners

ace of spades
01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
here's the deal- I found a wrecked modded EP at a junkyard last year. all of the good stuff was gone including the seats, gauge cluster, motor/trans, wheels. the shift boot trim panel was removed, but laying on the floor of the car leaving the shifter assembly exposed.

I just installed aluminum shifter base bushings on my EP and noticed that the grease on my shifter springs was a different color than the grease on the junkyard EP, leading me to believe the junkyard EP had an aftermarket shifter on it.

if you have a BCSS, can you tell me what color grease is on the shifter springs? if I can get some decent info, I'm gonna drive back to the junkyard and snatch that shifter.

usedep3
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
i don't know about the grease, but the bcss has a silver hologram on it.

ace of spades
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I've seen pics of it with and without the decal

Kerby
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
mine was clear

usedep3
01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I've seen pics of it with and without the decal

hmmmm that's wierd. i've owned 3 and all of them looked exactly the same

RHCP0801
01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
it was clear for me

Jmage
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
My BCSS bought brand new from Showstopper didnt have the hologram. You can tell if it's a BCSS by the threading on it. Let me find a pic of both side to side

Jmage
01-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Here it is:
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/sirjmage/8SidetoSide.jpg

The one with the blue adapter si the BCSS, sorry don't have pic of it without the adapter on but you can see the thread goes all the way down, not like the OEM one (In the back).

EDIT: Also saw the "stick" are diferent color.

RHCP0801
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
yea oem seems like a goldish color and buddy club looks silver, threading is much further down also lol.......should be able to tell right away after looking at those pics

ace of spades
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Here it is:
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/sirjmage/8SidetoSide.jpg

The one with the blue adapter si the BCSS, sorry don't have pic of it without the adapter on but you can see the thread goes all the way down, not like the OEM one (In the back).

EDIT: Also saw the "stick" are diferent color.

great, thanks for the pic to compare. the only problem is the junkyard is over an hour away. and the junkyard EP had red grease on the springs, I was just hoping someone would have confirmed it.

jh604
01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
mine had white lithium grease

02TWSI
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Compare if you can the old base bushings to the bushings on the BCSS in question, they are two completely different styles. Even shows in that pic above.

Jmage
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
BTW just checked my OEM shifter and it has White grease but don't know about my BCSS

MadLorEP3
01-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I still can't tell if my newly acquired BCSS is real

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/MadLorGLK/IMAG0524.jpg

sbRR
01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Looks pretty real to me. Notice in the picture, Jmage, posted comparing the stock and the BCSS shifter that the BCSS (the one closer to the camera) has a shorter shifter "arm" than the one in the back(stock). Yours look exactly like the one in the front, minus the extension. I don't think there is a company out there that have made a replica of the BCSS.

AKEP
01-29-2011, 06:48 AM
the real question is, when are they going to re-release it? i fucking want one.

BeaterEP
01-29-2011, 08:57 AM
madlor, I wouldn't worry about a knock-off. If you think about it, just putting the tooling together for something that complicated would be a fuckin' nightmare LOL.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it can be done, and I know there are folks out there that have counterfeited more complicated stuff...but such a limited market doesn't justify the initial cost to scammers.
It's legit, dude. Install that shit and enjoy!

MadLorEP3
01-29-2011, 09:09 AM
madlor, I wouldn't worry about a knock-off. If you think about it, just putting the tooling together for something that complicated would be a fuckin' nightmare LOL.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it can be done, and I know there are folks out there that have counterfeited more complicated stuff...but such a limited market doesn't justify the initial cost to scammers.
It's legit, dude. Install that shit and enjoy!

haha, tnx bud...I'm just blind, I really can't tell the difference btw this and the oem ones but Im sure once i go to the garage in a few minutes and take out the old one I would be able to tell the difference