PDA

View Full Version : Amplified Under-Seat Sub

logos22
01-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm looking to add a little bass to my stock sound system and thought this might be a good direction to go. I know these wont shake the cars next to me, but that's not what I'm looking for. I just want some decent sounding bass that wont take up a lot of room.

So far it's between these

Kenwood KSC-SW10, Clarion SRV313, Boss BASS600, and Sound Ordnance B-8pt (missing any?)

Which one is better? Would I need to buy a new head unit or will these plug into the stock unit? Since I'm new to audio, would a regular sized sub with external amp be a better use of money, even though I would be sacrificing trunk space? (again, I'm not out to set off car alarms with my stereo) Thanks for the input!

NEO_FOLLOWER2
01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
i also would like to know this info...BUMP

want to keep stock system and add a bit bass
money is tight and i dont want anything but a bit more bass anyways(stock system is good enough sounding)

(I have my friends old stock bose rsx-s sub anyway I can plug this into my stock ep3 system?)

Kerby
01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
what ive been thinking is a system basedon an ipod. they sell small amps for ipods to woofers/speakers. nice 8" sub is all u need. Our legacy has one from the factory and its more than plenty.

jonathan13
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I would go with the Clarion or Kenwood personally

si.hatch
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
honestly you can pick up a headunit for less than 100 bucks that has far more tuning capabilitys as a stock unit does, the stock unit just kinda blows.

as far as a sub i think there wont be enough room under the seat, but a small enclosure for the side of the hatch area would prolli be your best best

he_li48
02-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Subaru has an oem subwoofer that goes under seat. Sorry don't know how it sounds. But if you got a buddy with an STI, go check it out. Ebay got them pretty cheap. And here is a link for pinout.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-i-c-e-security/171660-oem-subwoofer-pinout-wiring-questions.html

ttttrigg3r
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
BUMP for more input. I'm also looking to a new sub to have more room for junk in my trunk. That walmart box has gots to go! If anyone know if a 10" can fit under the seat or perhaps behind the driver seat or good alternatives please tell me. What I'm going for is bass and I dont know if 8" can put out as much bass as a 10" or the walmart 12" that I have right now.

he_li48
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
BUMP for more input. I'm also looking to a new sub to have more room for junk in my trunk. That walmart box has gots to go! If anyone know if a 10" can fit under the seat or perhaps behind the driver seat or good alternatives please tell me. What I'm going for is bass and I dont know if 8" can put out as much bass as a 10" or the walmart 12" that I have right now.

Big bass with trunk space do not go together. Anyone make a spare tire box with a shallow Pioneer sub 8" or 10"? Wonder how that sounds?

ttttrigg3r
02-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm willing to downgrade my bass lvl if I can get rid of a big giant box altogether.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
03-16-2011, 03:01 AM
i just installed a bose rsx-s sub into my car
the person included the screw to hold it in place as well
fits perfectly into the spare tire and bolts down

it adds bass. nothing special. but its cheappppp
you can find one on clubrsx by posting a WTB thread for 20-50 bucks and get a response the same day

ttttrigg3r
03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
what does it look like. take a picture please.