PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Head Cover

introvert
01-26-2011, 11:09 AM
So.. In the process of removing the spark plug cover this past weekend I discovered that the cylinder head cover has something missing. Basically just noticed a bolt or something missing. From standing in front of the car, it's located at the top left uppermost portion of the head cover - ie: in front of the passenger seat. (See red arrows in pic)
http://www.eroded.org/~lou/cylinder_head_arrow.jpg

I've scoured the service manual, don't really see anything mentioning it. Judging from the pics, there looks to be some kind of attachment that might have held a cable or hose or something.

Is it a cause for concern? Any pressure leaks? Part #s for replacement?

TXEP3
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
There was a thread sometime back that covered this. Don't remember specifically what (if anything) goes there but nothing to be worried about if it's not there.

lbk02si
01-26-2011, 01:16 PM
So.. In the process of removing the spark plug cover this past weekend I discovered that the cylinder head cover has something missing. Basically just noticed a bolt or something missing. From standing in front of the car, it's located at the top left uppermost portion of the head cover - ie: in front of the passenger seat. (See red arrows in pic)
http://www.eroded.org/~lou/cylinder_head_arrow.jpg

I've scoured the service manual, don't really see anything mentioning it. Judging from the pics, there looks to be some kind of attachment that might have held a cable or hose or something.

Is it a cause for concern? Any pressure leaks? Part #s for replacement?

Ha, yea i know exactly what you are talking about!!! I actually went to the dealer when i first bought my car and was trying to get a replacement bolt. Apparently our cars never came with the bolt, if i remember right they use that to mount something else on some other kseries motor.

j0000stin
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
cylinder head cover? you mean valve cover? haha jk but i think that lines for the ac. i just took that shit off of my old ep

ep3colin
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
yeah it doesnt have anything there, and it doesnt go all the way to the inside of the valve cover so your fine without it

introvert
01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Good to know. Thanks everyone

T_Virus
01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
hahaha...i was tripping the first time I saw that on my ep too..

BeaterEP
01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
LOL did the same thing, went and tried to find the bolt for it.
iirc, that's there for RHD applications, not sure what, but it's nothing to worry about. Nothing missing, just a byproduct of mass production. :thumbu:

talonXracer
01-28-2011, 07:36 AM
That is where the throttle cable is clamped down on a RHD vehicle

Tortoise
01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
That is where the throttle cable is clamped down on a RHD vehicle

Beat me to it!

BeaterEP
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
ah, THAT'S what it is. Knew I remembered a RHD use, just couldn't remember what :mbiggrin: