PDA

View Full Version : My first ticket

SubliminalSi
12-19-2002, 02:05 PM
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Last night on an empty road, i was rolling up to a redlight and suddenly a cop came out of a side street and pulled me over. 56 in a 40... Its so gay, i know i was speeding but there wasnt anyone else around, and thats how fast everybody goes down that street...Oh well, now i have to get a court date:confused: :(

Suk02Si
12-19-2002, 02:36 PM
that sucks man, what a bs ticket. A friend of mine was given a ticket for 50 in a 45?!

Eric55inSacCA
12-19-2002, 03:07 PM
yeah i got two tickets in the first month i owned the car. went to traffic school online for one, and beat the other which was good because it was pretty severe. i hate when cops refuse to use discretion when giving tickets like that. im sure u were a severe danger to everyone around u:p

PoRT
12-19-2002, 03:08 PM
lol dont feel to bad, it just cost me $600 to get my liscence reinstated, and i owe another $645 in tickets.. and thats after i already paid off the other ones:p

IceD out N CALI
12-19-2002, 03:45 PM
that sucks

IceD out N CALI
12-19-2002, 03:45 PM
that sucks

my02si
12-19-2002, 03:58 PM
lol remind me not t o ride with you PORT j/k

Dallas2k2Si
12-19-2002, 07:11 PM
Just got through watching the Biography show on Dr. Phil, so I can't help but say: Who was driving your car? Was anybody forcing you to drive at 16 over against your will?

I got popped for 96 in a 70 2 months ago. It was out in the middle of nowheresville east Texas, on I-30, a perfect clear sunny day, and no traffic. DPS popped me hands down. I was pulled over and stopped before he got turned around and came after me. He was super courteous and friendly, so was I. He was interested in the car, as he hadn't seen a new Si yet. He didn't say anything about no front license plate, when he certainly could've written me a ticket for that. I sent a check to the county clerk the next week, as I was above the speed differential range for defensive driving eligibility.

Cliff notes version: When you choose to play, sometimes you gotta pay. Life's funny like that.

Jpax
12-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Dallas2k2Si
Just got through watching the Biography show on Dr. Phil, so I can't help but say: Who was driving your car? Was anybody forcing you to drive at 16 over against your will?

I got popped for 96 in a 70 2 months ago. It was out in the middle of nowheresville east Texas, on I-30, a perfect clear sunny day, and no traffic. DPS popped me hands down. I was pulled over and stopped before he got turned around and came after me. He was super courteous and friendly, so was I. He was interested in the car, as he hadn't seen a new Si yet. He didn't say anything about no front license plate, when he certainly could've written me a ticket for that. I sent a check to the county clerk the next week, as I was above the speed differential range for defensive driving eligibility.

Cliff notes version: When you choose to play, sometimes you gotta pay. Life's funny like that.

Dood you lucked out when i got my tickets for #1 speeding 75+ in a 65 and no license plate, and passing in car pool lane.... :(

God i love laywers , he got me out of every thing except for the front license plate 86bucks in stead of 275.. :rolleyes:

golferjn
12-19-2002, 08:23 PM
that sucks man

Type X
12-19-2002, 08:24 PM
i got pulled over for 93 in a 35 and
70 in a 45 so far in the EP and still no tickets :)

god i love NYC PBA cards and mini shields ;)

!@#$%
12-20-2002, 01:01 AM
if it were at night you could have turned off ur lights and disappeared form the cop. make good use of the black with black rotas. :D the cop would be like....hmmm i know i saw a car drive by here?!?! oh well.

Suk02Si
12-20-2002, 01:17 AM
you can always rig a brake light kill switch so you can kill your brake lights when evading the cops:D

its raining
12-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE

Dood you lucked out when i got my tickets for #1 speeding 75+ in a 65 and no license plate, and passing in car pool lane.... :(

God i love laywers , he got me out of every thing except for the front license plate 86bucks in stead of 275.. :rolleyes:

question, i hear about all the miracles and what not that lawyers can do to a ticket, so how exactly do they do that? how do they get you out of a speeding ticket for going 75 in a 65? what do they tell the judge? just curious.

TrippZ
12-20-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
you can always rig a brake light kill switch so you can kill your brake lights when evading the cops:D

is this possible? how can I do it? It wont help much since its yellow, but, i can sell this information to other people :-D

atl-si
12-20-2002, 10:36 AM
Sheesh....I hate cops! Last time I got a ticket was in 2000 doing 60 in a 45. The cop was a total pig. I mean come on, it was like 11:45 p.m. with no one around and I was going to work. I pleaded nolo and got my 60 dollar ticket reduce to $30. I thought that by pleading nolo it wouldn't go on my record but I was wrong. D@mn cops!

SubliminalSi
12-20-2002, 05:54 PM
Well it looks like im going to have to go to a driver safety course, i dont know if there is going to be a fine yet, but at least my insurence wont go up:)

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 07:05 AM
haha get this! i got pulled for goin on a yellow, and it turned on me... he pulled me over, and basically said, if i went in, they would extinguish the ticket... he was talkin to me about my car for a bit, and casually reminded me about my cracked reflector.. damn neighbors...:( and because my registration wasnt in yet, he decided to give me a ticket for that too! haha i "have to bring my registration in and they will extinguish that one too..." that was the first cigarette i smoked in my ep, and HOPEFULLY the only *knockin on wood* this was about a week after purchase... and i also got one for 55 in a 40 at about, 12-1 am... rediculous! but hey, they are just doin their jobs... i just wish they didnt have to be dicks about it, ya know? :) -mike

cbecker333
01-04-2003, 09:57 AM
RE: the brake light kill switch:

Originally posted by TrippZ

is this possible? how can I do it? It wont help much since its yellow, but, i can sell this information to other people :-D

Has anyone here used the ignore feature? Does it work GOOD?

Jpax
01-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by its raining

question, i hear about all the miracles and what not that lawyers can do to a ticket, so how exactly do they do that? how do they get you out of a speeding ticket for going 75 in a 65? what do they tell the judge? just curious.

I think He uses the info that was writen on the report from the cop. he uses it agent him. so if he says i observered a car going fast and was PACING it in traffic.............. then laywer respons How the hell is he going to PACE my client going 75 IN traffic and give him a ticket. it's more laywer talk in there but you get the idea. ;) :D