PDA

View Full Version : 225/50/16 Tires on a 16x7 +40 rims - Any Issues?

Rekognize
01-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey guys

I bought a set of Rota Subzero rims, they're 16x7 +40 and I'm looking to go with 225 wide tires. I know it will fit since 225 is the widest you can go for a 7" width wheel but I'm just worried of any turning/rubbing issues especially in the rear.

My ep is currently lowered on Tein Stechs (1.5" drop I believe). Any input is greatly appreciated. :smile:

TXEP3
01-27-2011, 08:11 AM
c'mon you're not even trying. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53564-New-Wheel-Tire-Size-thread
...good thing i'm not a mod cause i'd just ban people.

Rekognize
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9XunE.jpg

BeaterEP
01-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Chill dude.
It can be a real PITA to find anything on the boards, as the search function on VB systems isn't always great.

Check out the wheel/tire size thread like TX suggested, OP. Also, when you're searching in future, try the Advanced Search option, and sort results according to Relevancy. That should narrow down the false hits, at least a little bit. :mbiggrin:

To your question, I think those should fit.
Just tried a search in the linked wheel/tire size thread, and came up with nothing, so I can see why you might not have found anything.
Just post up in that thread, and someone will probably know for sure. :D

PS:
It's a good thing I'm not a mod, cuz I'd ban peeps for talking trash to noobs. :squint:

TXEP3
01-27-2011, 08:34 AM
It's a good thing I'm not a mod, cuz I'd ban peeps for talking trash to noobs. :squint:

I know I know... I should chill. I just don't have much patience to start with and it's been an agravating morning so far. He happened to catch the flack. Really though, it's not that hard to search forums.

BeaterEP
01-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I hear ya.
The problem is the search function of VBulletin boards. To put it simply, it fucking sucks.
I don't know how many times I'll search for something I know I've seen a dozen times, but wind up getting 8 pages of bullshit that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to find LOL.

Was just sayin', be patient with the noobs, and point `em in the right direction. They'll get the hang of it eventually, and it helps with the community. :thumbu:
EP owners gotta look out for each other!

Rekognize
01-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks guys

RedSiBaron
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for helping the newb, welcome to the forums, its a great community here..

My experience says that 225s will be fine upfront but in the rear will rub if you're lowered more than 1.5 and you'll need to roll the lip and/or run extra negative camber

Thread closed, thanks for resolving your dissagreement peacefully so I don't have to clean it up...hats off to yas