PDA

View Full Version : Spoon US distributor?

Blue03Si
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Ok, so from everything i've found it looks like Opak racing is out of business. Does anyone know if anyone else is an official spoon sports distributor? Thanks!

T_Virus
01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
isn't speed star racing one?

Blue03Si
01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
He carries some spoon stuff, but not very much... I was trying to find someone that carried the thermostat, rad cap, and fan switch.

introvert
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Pretty sure the rad cap is always stocked. Possibly the thermostat. I never saw etd pricing, kind of been tempted on a spoon one

JayRSXS
01-27-2011, 06:29 PM
wotm Oo? jkjk

slate13530
01-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Their site is still up.

http://opakracing.com/index.htm

My bad looks like you were right, but here is another distributor for them http://www.spoonertuner.com/

I found the link here http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/topics-sorts/45643-warning-opak-racing-2.html

DrZfInEsT
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Hit up n1 concepts or kamispeed

beatfiend
01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
inlinefour

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
A&J Racing should carry them....inlinefour is good as well....

PREJDMLUDE
03-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I was trying to find someone that carried the thermostat, rad cap, and fan switch.

Did you find your parts

ShadowEP3
03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy a Spoon lanyard?..been looking everywhere with no luck

RickEP3
03-05-2011, 01:47 PM
can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy a Spoon lanyard?..been looking everywhere with no luck

I can not but you do have the greatest avatar ever. Not the momma!

Blue03Si
03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Did you find your parts

Couldn't find anyone with the parts I wanted in stock... and the lead time was unknown. Gonna end up just getting the mugen parts.

PREJDMLUDE
03-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I know of a place that may have them , but go mugen that's what I'm doing on wife's rsx . Mines spoon hers mugen. LoL.

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
03-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Just spoke to a good friend of mine who happens to own a shop(in which he invested 20K of parts to vendor) and from the looks of it, SPOONSports of Japan has apparently cut ties with Opak Racing because of selling fake parts that are coming from China and restamping them as Spoon parts....Spoon Certified Ultimate Performance Tags that can be purchased via OPAK RACING are apparently unheard of from Spoon headquarters in Japan....The Final draw was its(OPAK RACING's) last car show in Canada where they hosted a SPOONSPORTS car showcase w/o reporting it to its Japanese counterpart company....I dunno if i should even take out my "TAG" cuz i was just watching the Best Motoring International K20 battle and in the beginning, a Yellow Spoon Valve cover was showcased with a SPOON Certified Ultimate Performance Tag...makes you wonder who's really is telling the truth....SMH!!!!=(

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
03-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Couldn't find anyone with the parts I wanted in stock... and the lead time was unknown. Gonna end up just getting the mugen parts.

inlinefour.com=the only legit supplier of SPOONSPORTS parts... ask for Brad...very helpful and friendly staff...

ShadowEP3
03-06-2011, 12:05 AM
+1 on inline4

guys..GET ME A SPOON LANYARD!!!!

tsxdriver
04-03-2011, 03:01 PM
they may not be a US distributor, but i've ordered a ton of parts for both my tsx's and ep from japanparts.com and i've never had any problems with them before. plus, their prices are great and it tells you on their website about how long the lead time is for parts.

black05ep
04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
opak racing is actuallly a primary distributer of spoon parts. spoons race cars have the stickers on it. ive bought a few things from them. i dealt mostly with Edmun. nice guy but really hard to understand his english,lol.

black05ep
04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
holy shit i just re read the first post and saw they went out of business... does anyone know why? i heard a few rumors about that from a friend a year ago. i didnt kno it was gna happen... damn.

sleepy ep3
04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
they may not be a US distributor, but i've ordered a ton of parts for both my tsx's and ep from japanparts.com and i've never had any problems with them before. plus, their prices are great and it tells you on their website about how long the lead time is for parts.
I looked on their site and they didnt seem to have a big selection, plus they seemed a bit high. I would use inline4 or evasive motorsports. Evasive has a TON of cool shit

ShadowEP3
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
GET ME A FREAKING LANYARD !!!!! :mmad:

anyone else have any input on distributors?

Obleezie
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Yea opak racing is no longer. Kinda sucks cuz I was actually certified with spoon and they hook me up with parts

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
^ actually they just ripped you off my friend--thats if EDMUND(opak guy) certified you..... there are only 3. that's right ONLY 3 (legit) certified SPOONSPORTS cars here in the U.S.--confirmed by Brandon-via INLINEfour.com. He's got ties with Yuki Imamura(SpoonSPORTS JAPAN R&D)

EJAYSICKS
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
^ actually they just ripped you off my friend--thats if EDMUND(opak guy) certified you..... there are only 3. that's right ONLY 3 (legit) certified SPOONSPORTS cars here in the U.S.--confirmed by Brandon-via INLINEfour.com. He's got ties with Yuki Imamura(SpoonSPORTS JAPAN R&D)

I went through JDM Speedworx to get spoon certified a couple years ago. Pretty sure they went through opak since there was no other shop at the time to go through. INLINEfour was said to scam people if any of you guys were on honda-tech.com from back in the day. I don't know how they are now, I still go through JDM Speedworx for spoon only. JDMland.com has some parts i know of. You guys check out NWP4Life.com/Spoon WTB/FS thread (http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5170) a lot of people in there are parting out their spoon parts. Not trying to throw another forum in the mix just trying to help you get the spoon parts you want.

ShadowEP3
06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
isnt jdmspeedworx site down at the moment?

the only drawback on the Spoon sales thread on NWP is that its mostly EG DC and EK parts for sale

EJAYSICKS
06-04-2011, 08:22 AM
isnt jdmspeedworx site down at the moment?

the only drawback on the Spoon sales thread on NWP is that its mostly EG DC and EK parts for sale

I've never used their site I always go through pm on nwp. The site only had a few things about them as a company.

itchy5
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
as others have said inlinefour. they are the new US distributor of spoon parts after the cut ties with opak; specifically new parts for the CR-Z and their patented rigid collars.