PDA

View Full Version : I have a Mac... Is it K-Pro Friendly?

sicivicguy
01-30-2011, 12:04 PM
So.... I'm planning on buying a K24a1 within the next month and sort of wondering if I...

#1 Should get K-Pro first?... I guess to be safe...
#2 Will K-Pro work with my MacBook Pro to upload the Engine info?
#3 Should I get the K24a1 tuned?...

I know... Dumb questions... But I really feel I should send out for K-Pro first to just have to put the engine in and start her up.

RHCP0801
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
yes, definitely get kpro first
i have read it does work but its best to call hondata yourself since you can never trust what your reading online
of course you should get it tuned, best way to get the full potential out of the motor and not run lean and risk blowing the motor

if you cant afford dyno tune, get an etune...i did it on my k24a2 and it worked out great

http://www.evans-tuning.com/etuning.html

RedSiBaron
01-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Get kpro before or at the same time as the motor, yes get it tuned...

as for the mac, I can't tell you if hondata has software for the mac OS, but if its windows only, just get a copy of xp or something, and use the preinstall bootcamp on your mac, follow their directions and partition your harddrive as a fat32 system and allocate enough HD space for the windows os/kpro software/and a couple gb...10gb should be enough...its really easy to do, and now you can boot windows on your mac, and run kpro

sicivicguy
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Get kpro before or at the same time as the motor, yes get it tuned...

as for the mac, I can't tell you if hondata has software for the mac OS, but if its windows only, just get a copy of xp or something, and use the preinstall bootcamp on your mac, follow their directions and partition your harddrive as a fat32 system and allocate enough HD space for the windows os/kpro software/and a couple gb...10gb should be enough...its really easy to do, and now you can boot windows on your mac, and run kpro

Actually I just found an old laptop that is Windows XP and I am gonna use that JUST FOR K-PRO... :-)

And as for getting K-Pro first... I AM! Gonna find out where to get it cheaper than $950 and go from there. Thanks!... Now to start learning how to use K-Pro :mconfused:

thisisagame24
01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
i got one for sale....no need for a ecu swap either

sicivicguy
01-30-2011, 09:34 PM
i got one for sale....no need for a ecu swap either

But don't you have to get the keys reprogramed if you use another ECU?

JIYAKKU
01-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Mac WILL WORK. Oscar Jackson Jr. tuned both my K20A3 and then my K20A2 with a Macbook Pro. If I could afford one I would tune with a Mac as well.

RHCP0801
01-30-2011, 10:07 PM

you can turn the immobilizer off in kpro

thisisagame24
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM

negative... .just disable the immobilzer in kmanager

sicivicguy
01-30-2011, 10:24 PM
you can turn the immobilizer off in kpro

But if you do that, how would that keep others from using there key's to steel my ep?

RHCP0801
01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
their keys arent cut to fit into the car likes yours are

thisisagame24
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
what he said

02TWSI
01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
But if you do that, how would that keep others from using there key's to steel my ep?

It's even easier, just break the steering column and you're off. People use KPRO to steal K series cars a lot, especially out here in cali.

sicivicguy
01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
It's even easier, just break the steering column and you're off. People use KPRO to steal K series cars a lot, especially out here in cali.

Really!... That sucks... Guess Im a have to put a pad lock on mines ;-)

lbk02si
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
i had problems with kmanager working on my macbook pro. i was running parallels and it installed fine, but i had some issue with it, can't remember what it was though. i ended up having to install it on my work peecee.

02TWSI
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Really!... That sucks... Guess Im a have to put a pad lock on mines ;-)

It's just be careful what you do and who knows ;]