PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have worse than me?

icegrill
12-19-2002, 04:43 PM
I've had my car now 5 days, 460miles on it. Heres whats flawed with it so far: Sratch in glass from tinter(not too bad), top of windshield molding scuffed slightly(from dealer clearing snow off windshield) Rear spoiler paint lifted from tinter(new oem silver wing on order $250) To top in off, just discovered today small paint crack and ding on passenger side front fenderwell above splash guard. Not too noticeable but was done before I took delivery of my car. Dealer is 300miles away but is going to pay to have it filled and buffed. Am I the only one who has had shitty luck with their new si? I know that nate guy had some bad stuff happen. Anybody else have a ding, chip or scratch their first week with car??:'(

icegrill
12-19-2002, 04:45 PM
damn that pic is big sorry. I just got a canon elph the other day must have had it too big.

Will2K2
12-19-2002, 06:44 PM
I had that Exact scratch but on the Passenger Fender instead of the driver

W

Will2K2
12-19-2002, 06:44 PM
I had that Exact scratch but on the Passenger Fender instead of the driver

W

Jpax
12-19-2002, 07:05 PM
wow that sucks

IceD out N CALI
12-19-2002, 07:25 PM
thats bad anytime, but especially for the first week of ownership:confused:

golferjn
12-19-2002, 08:07 PM
thats not good. keep your head up

gtaSiR
12-19-2002, 09:41 PM
I got a ding on my second week of ownership.
I've been very careful where I parked my car and the one day that I decided that I won't take long in the store so I parked beside a mini-van, when I got back, the van was gone... and I had a big ding! Thank god for paintless dent removal... my ding is now gone completely.

FirstImport02Si
12-20-2002, 09:31 AM
My car has been back to the dealership 4 times since I bought it 13 days ago. But its mostly because my dealership sucks so bad.

fyzm7357
12-20-2002, 10:30 AM
I was hit on my second week of ownership....old lady pulled out in front of me and cut me off....only a few paint scrapes on the driver's side fender.....

Silvershadow
12-20-2002, 11:26 AM
QUICK ICEGRILLE!!! Cancell d order on d Si wing.Get d money & order a Type R Replica wing(probably w/paint & all=<$250)---Silvershadow--

MCeez02Si
12-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Regarding the dent, same thing here. It was there when I first got it so the dealership is setting me up with their dent puller dude. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to set up an appt.

taikahn
12-20-2002, 12:15 PM
I had so many issues ---

The window tint was scratched.
The driver side window would not open and close without coming off track.
The window seal was jacked, bent and just generally wrecked.
I had a scratch on the passenger side fender as well. (same spot, kinda weird)
The rain gutter on top of the car was peeling off from sun damage.
The roof had scratches on it.
The car had a fucking pin stripe.
The driver side seat lever was fucked.
The passenger seat cover has frayed stitching.
The car was way out of alignment.
The steering wheel was at 11 o clock when heading straight.
The mats had heel wear already.

All of it got fixed by the dealer for free.

Im happy now.

I was bummed the first morning I saw my car in the light. I bought it at night as a new car, no accesories, but it came with some; the tint, the rims are diff, and a clear bra, plus SI logo mats.

I would have requested a new SI but with the rims and tint, I decided to stick it out and have them fix all the little shit wrong with it.

Anyway , now its great.

icegrill
12-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Thanks I'm not feeling as bad anymore. Even on Benzes and BMW's there are defects from the factory to the lot. It's just a car which sits outside and is subjected to everything. It just kills you when you know you'll be paying for this "new" car for the next 5 years and all the things that happen to it are out of your control.

Silver- about the CTR wing, I really liked it but don't want to mess with having my bodyshop modify it, plus I wish it didn't have a led lamp. I researched it so hard but everywhere was just like oh that wing, it's a ctr wing. I don't get why wings west won't just make a perfect fitting CTR replica?????? Big money being lost. Whats up with their little badges on the one they offer.

Thanks

Si4Me
12-20-2002, 03:53 PM
The day after I brought mine home, I noticed a TON of little scratches and one BIG ASS Scratch on the passenger side rear fender... they fixed that for me. Now there's a scratch int he window that they say they need the car the whole day to fix... *sigh* what a PITA.

ep pilot
12-21-2002, 12:03 PM
When I got my car 1-1/2 months ago, I took delivery with.....

1) Scratches about 6" long on both front corners of the bumper front bumper cover.

2) A 2" scratch on the driver door, near the handle.

3) The oil looked about 1qt lower than what it should have been.

4) 2k miles on the clock now and the suede on the left bolster of my driver seat is worn bare from my seatbelt. Dealer has a new seat back cover on order for me at the tune of $260 covered by the 12/12k B2B.

5) Now that another Ephatch member has pointed out I see that my rear seatback, the 60/40 does not align properly when in the upright position??

6) My cars A/C condenser is bent to poop from rocks and debris, I wish our cars came with more protection for the radiator because I've got 4-5 big chunks out of the fins from rocks and debris falling off of gravel trucks and dump trucks on the hwy.

7) My lt front door trim panel is scuffed from what looks like previous test-drives, before I bought it.

8) two weeks ago I put 18" wheels on the car and my EPS light came on for a short while, hasn

Si-Sissy-PA
06-06-2003, 10:50 AM
I hit a Deer week 2 driving to PA from Cincinatti on 80?

actually the Semi in front of me took the brunt of it, and it exploded all over my car, and I ran over the main part of the carcasss.... christening my car with blood and guts.

TONS of scratches mostly - a couple small ones didn't come out, but only I notice them - and a couple nasty stone-chip style marks... gonna fix those soon.

That was a bummer - but it took away my obsessive "newness" thing :)

-M