PDA

View Full Version : Sticky residue

BlazeX12
07-17-2002, 09:06 PM
ok, my Si came with dealer installed pin stripes? yeah i know! Well thier gone now, only prob, i cant get rid of the sticky residue, any tips? it still looks like i have pin stripes because its collecting dirt! i dont wanna use anything rough, might scratch the paint, any ideas would be helpful..thanx guys...

stingyboy
07-17-2002, 09:10 PM
i've heard many folks have used something called "goo-gone" to get the stickies off. never tried it on my paint though.

CleanBlackSi02
07-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Goo Gone is great....just make sure you let it soak on there for awhile. Also, take the time and patience to reapply as necessary, and change the spot you're rubbing with on the towel often. (Or it'll look worse!) Afterwards give it a good wash and wax (with extra attention to the area where to the pinstrip was) and it should look wonderful...

EL-DOG
07-18-2002, 03:21 AM
I took off a honda emblem a while back and it left a sticky backing. I used some stuff called orange clean and a towel to scrub it off..... Did not damage the paint at all

SBC31
07-18-2002, 06:45 AM
I use something called Waterless Car Wash for removing sticky stuff. It is great since it also act as a wax for your car. The other neat thing about this is that you simply apply it on a dirty car, then wax it off by hand. I've even testes this on my old 97 Civic that was black and full of road salt a few winters ago. Stuff is amazing.

Here's a link:Waterless Car Wash (http://www.win.net/idahospud/welcome.html)

BlazeX12
07-18-2002, 07:58 AM
Thanx guys, its supposed to rain today, to i might do it this weekend.... thanx

DynaSpeed
07-18-2002, 08:03 AM
The other neat thing about this is that you simply apply it on a dirty car, then wax it off by hand. Holy cow... you put a chemical on your car when it's dirty, then just wipe it off??? I don't care how many testimonials there are, I wouldn't ever try something like that. Where does the dirt go, exactly? Just flies off the car? I think not. Sounds like some snake oil to me

SBC31
07-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
Holy cow... you put a chemical on your car when it's dirty, then just wipe it off??? I don't care how many testimonials there are, I wouldn't ever try something like that. Where does the dirt go, exactly? Just flies off the car? I think not. Sounds like some snake oil to me
That is exactly how I felt when the body shop manager started cleaning my black car full of salt at the time. But the results are amazing, but again it's not something that is easy to comprehend.

Whatever is in there, it's magic, and I cannot explain it.

SpeedRacer
07-18-2002, 06:10 PM
can we take off the H emblem in the rear of our cars or will it leave 2 open holes? and i believe we cant take off the front one because thare isn't a mesh grill behind it and it will look real bad is this true?

iR-VTEC2
07-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Yes