PDA

View Full Version : In a Pickle.

MOOGEN
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey guys I tried to take off my CF Mugen wing the other day for the tint guy and the double sided tape is so tough that it is literally stuck. Any ideas on how to release the wing cause I wanna get it painted soon. Thanks.

k20power
02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Try something oily that will make it loose the adhesive like wd-40

BeaterEP
02-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Can you get a hole/channel through at some point?
I know dental floss/fishing line comes in handy sometimes for just cutting through the stuff, then you can use GooGone or something similar to remove the adhesive.
So find a way to get some floss through, then use it to saw through the tape, then de-goo what's left. :D

MOOGEN
02-02-2011, 09:05 AM
I can probably try to go through the holes where the screws go in. Maybe I'll try to apply some wd40 in the holes and see if I can get it loose enough. Alright I'll let y'all know how it goes.

MEAN IRISH GUY
02-02-2011, 09:08 AM
are you talking about the tape against the window?

i_love_my_ep3!
02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
take a pic of it, everyone loves pics

RedSiBaron
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
take a pic of it, everyone loves pics

i love pickles

use a hairdryer or lightly apply heat with heatgun and then use dental floss to get it off...use goo gone, razor blade and window cleaner to remove any residue

T_Virus
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
what color are you going to get it painted?

RedSiBaron
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM

green, to match this pickle hes been talking about

MOOGEN
02-02-2011, 07:02 PM

green, to match this pickle hes been talking about

Yes but which green...

I'm going to paint the edge silver and leave the center wing part carbon.

MOOGEN
02-02-2011, 07:03 PM
are you talking about the tape against the window?

No, the part that is attached to the hatch.

Sucka
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Have you tired Floss or long metal wires?

RedSiBaron
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes but which green...

I'm going to paint the edge silver and leave the center wing part carbon.

silver isnt anywhere close to green...i feel this thread was a scam to rope me in with the mention of pickles to be had and at the end of the day theres only some silver paint on this thing called MOO-GEN...is this a grazing animal of some sort domesticated to produce milk...

i am upset and only wanted a pickle...

(more on topic, i think that shall look good, have you tried any tricks to remove it yet?)

MOOGEN
02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Have you tired Floss or long metal wires?

No, I've been busy all day so haven't had chance yet. I think I'm going to try to use heat gun, metal wires and maybe wd40... I could only imagine what it will do to my paint lols.

silver isnt anywhere close to green...i feel this thread was a scam to rope me in with the mention of pickles to be had and at the end of the day theres only some silver paint on this thing called MOO-GEN...is this a grazing animal of some sort domesticated to produce milk...

i am upset and only wanted a pickle...

(more on topic, i think that shall look good, have you tried any tricks to remove it yet?)

Lol dude you messed me up cause I can't even think of a come-back. Yah, the clear on the carbon is starting to flake so it's paint time but no I haven't tried it yet.

ShadowEP3
02-03-2011, 04:02 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ley228Lhfy1qe978bo1_400.jpg

i just had to :mangel: