PDA

View Full Version : K20A3 From RSX-Base

chucki
02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Hey all, as some of you may have known, my ep is dead and I am looking to have the engine replaced. A local junkyard have the k20a3 for a reasonable price and I am looking to have that swapped in. I am wondering what are the major differences between the two A3s? I know the intake manifold is different and that's about it, what I am looking to keep if I were to have this swapped in? Will it even work as a simple R&R? Also, will it make a difference if I wanted to swap the tranny as well?

Thanks!

Twisted-X
02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I can't speak from personal experience, but the intake manifold and accessory belt tentioner are the only things that I've seen that are different. The RSX came with hydraulic power steering which the EP doesn't have, so you'll have to remove the power steering pump from the RSX motor and use the EP3 tensioner.

chucki
02-05-2011, 01:04 AM
I can't speak from personal experience, but the intake manifold and accessory belt tentioner are the only things that I've seen that are different. The RSX came with hydraulic power steering which the EP doesn't have, so you'll have to remove the power steering pump from the RSX motor and use the EP3 tensioner.

Thanks for the reply, but I am wondering if anyone else know more about this? I am looking to purchase one in the near future and would like to see if it is going to be a pain or not.

AKEP
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
its the same block. twisted is right. you can swap over manifolds if that makes you feel better. and you dont need p/s. use the ep belt.

talonXracer
02-05-2011, 08:52 AM
The base RSX A3 also has a aluminum oil pan and the A2 oil pump, as well as different camshafts.

The base RSX trans can be swapped in as well.