PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Bearings Issue

khmerchef
02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
What's my ep3 family, I have an issue and need your guys help. My driver side wheel bearing need to be replace. Should I just buy the bearings or should I replace the hub itself? Please give me some input on what to do first, thanks fellas.

RedSiBaron
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
What's my ep3 family, I have an issue and need your guys help. My driver side wheel bearing need to be replace. Should I just buy the bearings or should I replace the hub itself? Please give me some input on what to do first, thanks fellas.

go buy some wheel bearings (koyo are nice if you can get em) for both sides, and take the hubs off the car and get the bearings pressed in...you should be able to find the bearings a lot easier, quicker, and cheaper than ordering the whole front hubs/knuckles...NOW sorry, you didnt specify front or rear...the fronts you can have bearings pressed into, the rears from what i understand you have to buy the whole hub assemblies...i suggest doing both sides while you are at it if its fronts or rears...

i also moved your thread to the suspension/wheels/tires section

jonathan13
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes definitely take the hubs off yourself and take them to have the bearings pressed in. You would not believe how much a shop will charge if you just drop off the car and have them replace the front bearings. And I know with some shops I use around here they don't even press in the bearing themselves- they send the hub over to another shop to have it done. In turn they charge you more for having the bearing pressed in than if you just took it to the shop that would do the pressing yourself.

And yes Baron you are correct about the rear- the whole hub must be replaced

khmerchef
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
where can I buy koyo wheel bearings or any other good bearings?