PDA

View Full Version : COMPARISON: Ground Controls vs Eibach Sportlines

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-19-2002, 10:28 PM
FYI: I am using stock struts, 215/45/17 tires, and no other suspension mods.

Ground Control Coilovers-
Superior handling, very linear no under/oversteer. Adjustability is very convenient, BUT they are extremely harsh over certain types of bumps and are extremely noisy (when turning wheel lock-to-lock and reversing or moving at slow speeds...BONG! BONG!). Although rough over bumps they are not very bouncy. If you dont mind some annoying noises and the roughness, these will provide THE BEST handling, hands down over standard lowering springs.

Eibach Sportlines-
Handling is not as sharp as with the Ground Controls, car seems to understeer a bit, but handling is still greatly improved over stock. The stance is very nice, not TOO low, about 2 fingers fender gap front and rear...even...perfect IMO. Absorbs bumps more like stock springs, not harsh at all, but they are a bit bouncy compared to stock and GC's. Just installed them so this may get better over time. THESE ARE COMPLETELY SILENT!!!...No noises whatsoever...I LOVE IT!

Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses, I just could not tolerate how noisy the GC's were, and I am very pleased with the Eibach Sportlines so far...

IceD out N CALI
12-19-2002, 11:43 PM
I had sportlines on my ep, cant say anything bad about them, except I wanted a little lower which is why i switched to neuspeed race. Good comparision

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-20-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
I had sportlines on my ep, cant say anything bad about them, except I wanted a little lower which is why i switched to neuspeed race. Good comparision

I had Neuspeed Race on my 96 EX coupe, they were OK but WAAAY too bouncy for my taste, I switched to Ground Controls w/ Tokico Illumina's and fell in love...due to the suspension differences between the 96 EX and my 02 Si, they made NO noise, thank god. GC's are the way to go on the older civics.

todaCspec
12-21-2002, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
[B]

Eibach Sportlines-
Handling is not as sharp as with the Ground Controls, car seems to understeer a bit, but handling is still greatly improved over stock. The stance is very nice, not TOO low, about 2 fingers fender gap front and rear...even...perfect IMO. Absorbs bumps more like stock springs, not harsh at all, but they are a bit bouncy compared to stock and GC's. Just installed them so this may get better over time. THESE ARE COMPLETELY SILENT!!!...No noises whatsoever...I LOVE IT!

does the drop look even front and back? or does the front look higher because of the two finger gap? any pics?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-22-2002, 10:12 PM
looks pretty even to me...perfect IMO...

http://members.aol.com/infiniteparts77/civicinwoods2

swampdonkey
12-25-2002, 08:28 AM
I had heard that the ground controls allowed the car to pretty much sit on the bumpstops and don't allow for enough travel. I would in fact I have heard neative things about those collar and spring coilovers since they came out. I would stick with a real progressive rate spring like the nuespeed or real coilover systems.