PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights Malfunctioning

Dookie2022
02-05-2011, 09:39 PM
so this is weird... a couple of days ago i was working on my stereo and when i put everything back together, the right half of the lights on my gauge cluster went out and all of the lights on center dash. Ive pulled every fuse and checked every bulb and can find nothing wrong. after that i pulled it apart again to see if any of the metal prongs on the plug-ins were broken. nothing is virtually wrong that i can see. anyone have any input?

broy069
02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
subscribed.. same thing happened to me today, please help.

gamma6
02-28-2011, 12:11 AM
you guys should check the small lights fuse in the engine bay fuse box?... it did the trick for me when i had the same problem u have

broy069
02-28-2011, 06:52 AM
you guys should check the small lights fuse in the engine bay fuse box?... it did the trick for me when i had the same problem u have

Tryed that, checked every fuse in the engine bay just to be safe lol.

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Interesting. When I diy'd my center dash black my cluster lights decided they were going to be on at all times. I start the car and about 3 seconds later they come on. Hasn't bothered me much but I plan to pull the radio out and see what's up when its warmer.

The diy was done after the install of my deck with no strange cluster light issues. Must have messed something up reinstalling it.

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

talonXracer
02-28-2011, 08:42 AM
You installed the radio incorrectly. There will be a trace on the gauge cluster circuit board that is fried. A fairly common occurance.

dj addicted
02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
same thing happened to my cluster. I've seen the fried trace but my soldering skills are that of a retarded monkey so it is still broke.

broy069
03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the replies im gonna have to pull out the cluster and check it out.

eptwah
03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
my lights went out all at once. I think it was when i disconnected my radio and painted the bezel. Replaced the bulbs and a year later they is still light!