PDA

View Full Version : guys im having trouble with ma ep3 anyone have any advice?

jayzuz
02-05-2011, 10:02 PM
to start off..my maintence requiered light flases for a bit then comes off...then after driving ma car around for a bit the abs light and brake(hand brake) light comes on the dash board...what should i do?:mcry:

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
to start off..my maintence requiered light flases for a bit then comes off...then after driving ma car around for a bit the abs light and brake(hand brake) light comes on the dash board...what should i do?:mcry:

Check your break fluid

talonXracer
02-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Check your break fluid

How about checking the BRAKE fluid

LOL, I couldnt resist, LOL

yeah, with that many brake related symptoms the brake fluid level should e checked, but seldom does a brake system actually leak the fluid away, but in fact it resides within the caliper piston bores due to excessive pad and rotor wear, so make sure to give the pads and rotors a look over as well.

T_Virus
02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
yeah, check your brake fluid...

This happen to my wife's 2007 Toyota Corolla S too. She called me at work and told me that her maintence light was flashing and it went off but her brake light in the dash board was solid. At first I thought she probably triggered the hand brake so I told her to unrelase the hand brake which she said it is not even engaged. I still told her to pull it up and relase it down. She did it and it still didn't turn off the hand brake. I told her that I'll check it once I get home from work. So I got home from work and pull the hand brake, relased it and same thing. The brake light is still on with the maintence light flashing. I knew it was also time for the corolla to get a oil change so i thought that was why the maintance light was flashing. I was really puzzled about the brake light though. I checked her front disc rotors to see if the brade pads are gone but their still beefy. Then I open the hood and check the fluids and notice that the brake fluid was low up to the minimum line. I filled it with new brake fluid up to the full line, closed the cap, start the car and eventually the brake light on the dash board turned off. After that was fixed, I also changed the engine oil and reset the maintence light and now everything is good...

BTW I didn't know our EP's have this sensor too about brake fluid being low...

ImportCustomx
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM
please be aware of where you are posting. that way you can get more posts, and quickly.
Also post up a little about yourself in member rides, also includes pics of your ep!
we love to help, but we also love pics!

good luck

maintenance light needs to be reset...usually it is the cars maintenance reminder saying "hey dummy, 30k service, 50k service etc etc)

blue2turbo
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
maintenance light needs to be reset...usually it is the cars maintenance reminder saying "hey dummy, 30k service, 50k service etc etc)

This is probably the problem with the maint. light... mine started doing it yesterday, so I'm gonna change the oil and reset it. I checked everything else last time I had it apart.