PDA

View Full Version : s2k oil filter

turkish
02-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I've been reading to much about these dam oil filters. I usually use oem #A02 filter. 3yrs ago i tried the s2k filter and from what i remember i felt that acceleration was weak. I think the larger filter cause a drop in oil pressure. Has anyone else experienced this? I wanna try the Hamp but then i ask myself why. Does anyone run s2k filter on a regular basis and what's your recommendation.

Lucid Moments
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
So you are saying you felt a change in the acceleration of your car because of the oil filter?

I seriously doubt that is the case. Don't get me wrong oil filters are important, but they aren't going to change the way your car accelerates.

You can run an S2000 filter if you want to, it will work fine. I typically use Bosch filters myself. Either for the EP, or for the s2000 depending on what is available at the local auto parts place.

POOPTOOTH
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
If anything the s2k filter has been known to RAISE Oil Pressure, not lower it. I think you're butt dyno is playing tricks on you.

Napa Gold Filters here, made by Wix FTW.

talonXracer
02-06-2011, 09:41 AM
But be careful running S2k oil filters at higher rpm's, the issue is with filter housing longevity at high rpm's. The filter pulsates like a bad boy, all of the hardcore S2k drivers know of this issue and apply 3 screw type hose clamps around the circumference of the filter housing. This serves several purposes, added strength as well as easy grip for on and off.

turkish
02-07-2011, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=POOPTOOTH;846758]If anything the s2k filter has been known to RAISE Oil Pressure, not lower it. I think you're butt dyno is playing tricks on you.

Haha right, butt dyno is getting mixed readings. I tried to scoop the A02 filters but can't find them. Are they off the shelves now or do only certain places get them?