PDA

View Full Version : Engine wont rev past 5k rpm and dies at idle..also runs rich

EP_three
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok so after my bad miss shift I broke my cam shafts and rockers. Replaced those. After that the car wouldnt idle. It would die. On some days it wouldnt do this so i delt with it. Couple months later now after installing my wideband to see whats up im running way rich (constant 10.0 AFR) full rich on my uego.It now wont drive nearly at all. Bogs loss of about 70% power runs rough and shaky. Doesnt have enough power to go faster then 45mph. Replaced cam position sensor as i had a dtc code for it but that didnt fix anything. Only codes are p1166, p1167, and o2 sensor heater circuit and something else o2 related.

Im completey lost, help me!

AKEP
02-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Ok so after my bad miss shift I broke my cam shafts and rockers. Replaced those. After that the car wouldnt idle. It would die. On some days it wouldnt do this so i delt with it. Couple months later now after installing my wideband to see whats up im running way rich (constant 10.0 AFR) full rich on my uego.It now wont drive nearly at all. Bogs loss of about 70% power runs rough and shaky. Doesnt have enough power to go faster then 45mph. Replaced cam position sensor as i had a dtc code for it but that didnt fix anything. Only codes are p1166, p1167, and o2 sensor heater circuit and something else o2 related.

Im completey lost, help me!

so you still HAVE these codes correct?

talonXracer
02-07-2011, 06:04 AM
With those CEL codes you will be in limp mode, fix all the CEL's

When destroyinng a set of cams and rockers like that I would be seriously worried about bottom end damage, do a compression/leak down test as well.

AKEP
02-07-2011, 06:20 AM
limp mode goes that high? i thought it was like 4.

talonXracer
02-07-2011, 06:34 AM
I can just about guarantee that it is not 5K but well under, connect up a stand alone tach and you will see that the stock Tach is way off(and why Honda lost a class action lawsuit)

EP_three
02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Well maybe abit more background, about my miss shift. so i decided to go out in the country and practice launching, well i launched at 2300rpm (according to my oem tach) went from 1st to 2nd, about 45 ish mph hit tried going to 3rd but went back into 1st :( reved it passed the redline so like 9k rpm. Well when I punch it and it goes past 5k rpm it sounds like vtec crossing over (i have an a3) i lose alot of power and the intake noise over powers my full spoon ni catback without the silencer. Im lost, ive been thinking maybe ecu is in limp mode alone with a bad AFR sensor (#1 o2) and possibly a bad MAF. No reason why I think that, just thought maybe bad luck would cuase all these to go out at once. I will replace #2 o2 back in and just weld a new bung for my wideband. Why would I be running so rich? I used to have a bank 1 running too rich before the rebuild also. But i cleared it and it hasnt been back in awhile. Ill try reseting my ecu after I replace those sensors. After 5k rpm im backfiring like in the pipeing, it never exits the muffler.

AKEP
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
your number 2 is not causing it to run like crap. you can start looking for things while your down there tho. and check your maf.

you sure you didn't bend valves or anything? or did you do a janky job putting your wideband together? what mods do you have that warrant a wideband 02 anyways?

RHCP0801
02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
do a compression test, sounds like you have more damage than just the camshafts and rockers

talonXracer
02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Im lost, ive been thinking maybe ecu is in limp mode alone with a bad AFR sensor (#1 o2) and possibly a bad MAF. No reason why I think that, just thought maybe bad luck would cuase all these to go out at once. I will replace #2 o2 back in and just weld a new bung for my wideband. Why would I be running so rich? I used to have a bank 1 running too rich before the rebuild also. But i cleared it and it hasnt been back in awhile. Ill try reseting my ecu after I replace those sensors. After 5k rpm im backfiring like in the pipeing, it never exits the muffler.

You are running so rich because you probably have some seriously bent valves
Do a compression/leadown test