PDA

View Full Version : smooth suspension?

lemonhead228
02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I have the mugen ss sturts wit tien s springs and the ride is to stiff for me. It's a dd and I'm looking for comfort. I bought the suspension and didn't kno it was meant for the tracks. Lol I have to say the handing is superb tho.
Does anybody kno a suspension setup that is smooth (like a Benz lol) but also offer a 1.5 inch drop?
Thanks

whatsvtec
02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I've got no experience with any aftermarket suspensions on ep3's, but if you sell those, DIBS!

ep3colin
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
h an r made like oem like spring rates on some springs i thought, maybe not for our cars but i dont remember

http://www.carreview.com/mfr/h-and-r/springs/PRD_49281_1581crx.aspx

Tougeep3
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Airbags sound like your only option. Mugen SS struts and Tien S springs are about as soft as the aftermarket goes. Other options would be the HFP suspension for the EP or the A-Spec suspension for the RSX-S. But if Tiens are too stiff, airbags.

blue2turbo
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Ill be going with Low mileage OEM struts and Eibach Prokits, I'll try and let you know how they ride, I have heard good things.

But as mentioned, you could try to find some HFP struts or ASpec struts and run the Tein's on them.

lemonhead228
02-08-2011, 02:18 PM
i was looking around and the tokico dspec seems okay. it said somein bout controling the stiffness and softness.

any body have a set?

PatrickJamesYu
02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
i was looking around and the tokico dspec seems okay. it said somein bout controling the stiffness and softness.

any body have a set?
My friend has them on his Integra
They aren't bad but for the same price I think you can get Koni Yellow's which are more superior to Tokico to my understanding.

lemonhead228
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
yea the koni are nice but you think they would ride smooth tho?

Zzyzx
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
the easy fix is to simply add weight.

Seriously. The OEM suspension on your EP3 runs at about 1.7-1.8 Hz (Mugen is a bit higher). A smooth ride is closer to 1 Hz.. So either you get springs softer then stock, which will cause its own set of problems, or you add weight.

So, start adding as much sound deadening pad as you can!

lemonhead228
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
i heard the ebibach springs are soft and give me the same drop

Zzyzx
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
i heard the ebibach springs are soft and give me the same drop

Potentially, the catch is that the Mugen springs are not that much more stiff then the OEM springs. Regardless, just for giggles; Go find your 4 largest friends, stuff them in the car & go driving. You'd be amazed how much smoother the car will ride with a bit of weight added.

jgn6848
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
nothing out there will be softer than OEM... i ride on a HFP suspension which is certified for our cars & it still feels stiff. Your best option is new top of the line shocks & struts, combined with new or low mileage OEM springs + a whole bunch of new rubber suspension bushings (stay clear from polyurethane bushings). Additionally you might want to add more sound insulation both inside & under the car. Even after all this, your car will not ride like a benz...it will just be slightly quiet than other EP3.... this is because our car chassis, structure, geometry and stress points were never designed wiith low noise levels in mind. Anyway good luck!!!

lemonhead228
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
nothing out there will be softer than OEM... i ride on a HFP suspension which is certified for our cars & it still feels stiff. Your best option is new top of the line shocks & struts, combined with new or low mileage OEM springs + a whole bunch of new rubber suspension bushings (stay clear from polyurethane bushings). Additionally you might want to add more sound insulation both inside & under the car. Even after all this, your car will not ride like a benz...it will just be slightly quiet than other EP3.... this is because our car chassis, structure, geometry and stress points were never designed wiith low noise levels in mind. Anyway good luck!!!

lol i was just kidding bout the benz part. at first i was thinking about putting my oem springs on the mugen struts but i wanted the drop thats why i put on the tiens. im still looking around tho.

blue2turbo
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
yea the koni are nice but you think they would ride smooth tho?

Konis are probably going to be one of if not the smoothest riding AFTERMARKET struts. But if you want the absolute smoothest ride possible, you might as well go back to OEM springs/struts as mentioned.

Hasbro
02-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Tires are also important for ride quality. Search for a tire that is built for a smooth and quiet ride.
Also, the early A-Specs were actually softer than stock.

lemonhead228
02-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Im riding on bfgoodrench g-force 215/45/r17 tires if you're interested.

Thinking about goin for 215/50 so it would be lil smoother and it would cover the drop space some lol