PDA

View Full Version : Front JDM Red H Emblem

cvicep3
02-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi guys, I just got my front and rear JDM red H emblems. I did a quick measure to see if the JDM front is the same size with the OEM, but the JDM one seems to look a little smaller. Is it correct? I found the DIY for the front and rear, but the attached pictures are not there anymore. Do you really need to remove the front bumper to install it? Thanks!

Edited by ImportcustomX:

This is the install "cvicep3"
Haha...you're right. I got it installed finally. It's easy. What I did was.

1. Removed plastic screws (clips) on the top
2. Removed 3 screws from the left (4 total, but just need 3) from the bottom of the car. I was able to reach it from underneath the car.
3. Pull out the grill and removed 2 screws holding the OEM badge (save it when you need to put back to stock)
4. Put back the grill and screws and clips
5. Clean the area where you will put on the JDM red H badge with an alcohol pad
6. Peel the tape off and line up with two pins on the JDM badge and give it a little presure.

Done

Still need to install the rear one. Hope they're not gonna get jacked by jackass people.

shanewdude
02-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I managed to install mine without removing the front bumper... just remove the clips and bend the grill forward until you can get a stubby screwdriver in there. The new badge should be the same size as the flat part of the grill once you remove the rizer that is on the original emblem.

carrito
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Where did you get the emblems and how much did you pay for it?

cvicep3
02-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks. Will try to do it tomorrow.

I managed to install mine without removing the front bumper... just remove the clips and bend the grill forward until you can get a stubby screwdriver in there. The new badge should be the same size as the flat part of the grill once you remove the rizer that is on the original emblem.

cvicep3
02-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I got them from icbmotorsport. $46 for the front and $36 for the rear I think. They're in Honda packages.

Where did you get the emblems and how much did you pay for it?

RedSiBaron
02-12-2011, 10:05 AM
oh well im sure you got the right one, icb knows what they are doing

make sure you pull the raised part from the grill, it drives me nuts when people dont and try to mount the red type r h on it since its plug and play onto the grill under the raised section

cvicep3
02-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Haha...you're right. I got it installed finally. It's easy. What I did was.

1. Removed plastic screws (clips) on the top
2. Removed 3 screws from the left (4 total, but just need 3) from the bottom of the car. I was able to reach it from underneath the car.
3. Pull out the grill and removed 2 screws holding the OEM badge (save it when you need to put back to stock)
4. Put back the grill and screws and clips
5. Clean the area where you will put on the JDM red H badge with an alcohol pad
6. Peel the tape off and line up with two pins on the JDM badge and give it a little presure.

Done

Still need to install the rear one. Hope they're not gonna get jacked by jackass people.

oh well im sure you got the right one, icb knows what they are doing

make sure you pull the raised part from the grill, it drives me nuts when people dont and try to mount the red type r h on it since its plug and play onto the grill under the raised section

ur2slow4j
03-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I have a problem, the pins on the H badge dont match wiht the holes on the grill, any advice?

cvicep3
03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I have a problem, the pins on the H badge dont match wiht the holes on the grill, any advice?

Make sure you remove the OEM H badge with the raiser. It could be you got the wrong H badge, otherwise just break the pins since they don't hold up the badge, it's the tape.