PDA

View Full Version : can use the ep3 a3 clutch with a2 tranny

conceptjdm
02-12-2011, 12:03 AM
what up people my clutch it about to give up and am going to buy one tomorow but am also going to change my tranny in 2 weeks to a a2 6spd i dont know if the a3 cluch will work, will it work?
the reason why i dont do the tranny and the clutch at the same time is cause i got to go pick it up
a2 tranny at phoenix AZ and am 6hrs away and i dont have extra car to go pick it up
so i need the ep3 running asap
OR CAN I USE THE A2 6SPD FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH on the ep3 stock tranny in till i change to 6spd
PLEASE HELP THANKZ

heyvortek
02-12-2011, 01:51 AM
as long as the clutch and flywheel match then u can use either tranny. im not 100% sure but im pretty sure. i know u cant use an a2 flywheel with an a3 clutch.

talonXracer
02-12-2011, 07:28 AM
The only difference between the A2 and A3 clutch is the alignment pin locations on the flywheel/pressure plate. As long as the flywheel and pressure plate are matched then either clutch can be used with either transmission.

I would seriously consider renting a vehicle or get together with a buddy who has a truck or car to go fetch the trans, you will be further ahead doing both at the same time.

k20power
02-12-2011, 07:31 AM
I dont think u can cause I seen in clubep3 when u go to buy one n check on the fitment it says it does fit the types, base n ep3