PDA

View Full Version : New tires

Ronnie
02-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Ephatchers, i was looking for a set of 205/50/16 sticky tires for ma ep3 and i wanted to see some of you all's opinion:

i was looking at those General Exclaim UHP that tirerack (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP&partnum=05WR6EUHP&i1_Qty=4&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Civic%20Si%20Hatchback&autoYear=2002&autoModClar=&vehicleSearch=true) had them for sale

BUT,
I still wanted to see that what do u guys think? What brand? ...etc

Thanks a lot

Ronnie
02-13-2011, 10:06 AM
anyone?

rd02SiR
02-13-2011, 04:38 PM
never tried them.

i've run flaken 452- they were pretty decent, altho easy to break traction, but better than oem
currently running Dunlop direzza star specs and they are great, sticky when warm, good tread wear, and i got them for a decent price. Altho i find that the sidewall is a bit softer than the 452's.

all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.

lbk02si
02-13-2011, 05:11 PM
never tried them.

i've run flaken 452- they were pretty decent, altho easy to break traction, but better than oem
currently running Dunlop direzza star specs and they are great, sticky when warm, good tread wear, and i got them for a decent price. Altho i find that the sidewall is a bit softer than the 452's.

all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.

AMEN to that! I have the same tires and I'm loving them so far!

cloumep3
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
...all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.

Word!!!

Ronnie
02-13-2011, 11:37 PM
never tried them.

Never cheap out of tires... I have gone through 3 sets of Falken , 452 and 512 ... & absolutely loved them...
However, currently i am running on Hankook Ventus R-s2 and I luve these tires too.... but they are not available for order right now (and idk why!)
so i was just reading these reviews on tirerack about those General Exclaim and i thought maybe i should talk to some other ppl before i purchase them.
-
Dunlop or Kumho or BFGoodrich ??

Sub
02-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Well I need new tires also and with the weather down here being random at best I'm going with Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tire.
Also I want some tires with a better trend life as I drive 40 miles one way to work.

I think the Sticky verison of the tire is Continental ExtremeContact DW Tire.

rd02SiR
02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Never cheap out of tires... I have gone through 3 sets of Falken , 452 and 512 ... & absolutely loved them...
However, currently i am running on Hankook Ventus R-s2 and I luve these tires too.... but they are not available for order right now (and idk why!)
so i was just reading these reviews on tirerack about those General Exclaim and i thought maybe i should talk to some other ppl before i purchase them.
-
Dunlop or Kumho or BFGoodrich ??

i think the rs-2 are discontinued. the rs-3 is the new replacement.

I also find that the 452's had a much stiffer sidewall, and a higher speed rating than the Star specs. Maybe the stiffer sidewall is due to the higher speed rating?? I just found the 452's had more initial response.