PDA

View Full Version : This just isn't my year! Stolen Si emblem....

thaseint
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
So this morning I go out to get my bag out of my hatch and I notice something a little different. Bastards stole my Si logo!

Not only did they steal it but they made a hack job of it all, deep scratches galore, down to the metal! What's VERY messed up is that I haven't really driven my EP all that much, but yesterday was nice so I went to school to take care of some stuff, stopped off at a friend's apartment for a few minutes and I'm guessing this is where it happened.

This was the second time in over a month that the car has left the garage, since getting it back from the body shop after the theft. :mcry:

I tried messing with touch-up paint but that doesn't look much better. Even after removing all the left over residue I still have the scratches and it looks like the sun faded the paint around the badge so the silhouette of the 'Si' shows on the paint.

Anyone know how much it would cost to repaint a small section of the hatch? Will the whole hatch need to be painted?

username011
02-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah...dude.. people steal our Si emblems all the time..those and amber side markers are hot items and easy to steal..

Someone stole my Civic emblem and did it dirty like your saying and left the Si.. retards?? well Im in the same boat as you. =(

PatrickJamesYu
02-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Some highend and experienced paint shops can fix it with out painting the entire hatch.
What they do is a process where they "cut" the blemish out like in a square, and paint only in the cut out area
and using their experience they blend it back.
NHBP and Taff is the easiest.
Followed by VBP then the euro yellow
SSM is the hardest

Goodluck

you should post pics

usedep3
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
damn man. sorry. if you want, i can send you mine. it's not perfect. i think there's like one chip on the 'S'. i don't use it and i feel for you and your clean ep. just PM me your info if you want it.

T_Virus
02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Someone stole my rear si emblem on Thanksgiving day at the flea market a couple of years ago. They managed to break off the "i" but the "S" was still left hanging I guess due to my alarm.

Project Yellow
02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Its a popular problem. When I bought mine, the Si and the 'civic' were stolen. I replaced the civic emblem, and then decided to just debadge the back and smooth the hatch over where the H was. Now theres nothing. It really confuses people.

i_love_my_ep3!
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
man i see this on here all the time i do as well have an extra si emblem if u want it also its kinda in two peaces but once you put it on you wont be able to tell let me know as well

k20power
02-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Some one stole mine too

bluedemonep3
02-14-2011, 11:39 PM
yea those damn bastards, karma will get them back though. i think if u re-install the si emblem, you should run some cables from your battery to the emblems so when they touch it, WHAMO! shocked lol

MBaG
02-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Debadged my hatch ftw! But it's nice seeing people offer their emblems for free; only at ephomo.com

thaseint
02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Debadged my hatch ftw! But it's nice seeing people offer their emblems for free; only at ephomo.com

Thanks to everyone offering up there Si badges :-)

But I'm thinking about just leaving it off...maybe just leaving them all off. Only thing that sucks is that I want to use my UK badge but that of course would mean I'd need to use the Civic badge as well.

I guess until I figure it out, I'll have my hatch repainted and leave off the emblems. So far I'm looking at about 200-220 for a repaint of the hatch. Does that sound about right?

ts ep3
02-20-2011, 01:01 AM
yea that sucks someone took all my type r badges and even took my bumper makers and the best part is my girl got all new badges for me about 6 months ago and i still havent put them on because im afraid its going to happen again :(

MasterPD85
02-22-2011, 09:08 AM
this by no means is racist, but...

Auto theft, in relation to civic si's and etc, have a bit of a correlation where I'm from. Stolen emblems, stolen parts from inside an Si, or anything related to our honda's of past and present are targeted by hispanics. I got this info from my uncle who is a sheriff here in NC after my friend's car was nearly wiped clean at a flea market last summer. I recalled remembering a few latino's doing the same back in High school when I was a senior when just 3 guys stole from about 20 student cars (mostly radios and emblems) and were found later to have about $5000+ worth of car electronics in their trunk by police.

I know I make hispanics look like a stereotype for thefts but I looked at our demographic of people and then the crime and I learned that there is A LOT of ethnic-related crimes. (statistics, not actual facts) I also know, because I see it daily, that the young hispanic population love honda's about as much as we do. The only bad thing is you can never tell how their honda civic DX was transformed into a "si vtec" with the emblems and decals on each side. Were they purchased, or "obtained?"

Once again, not making a stereotype, just going with what info I have dug up here.

ImportCustomx
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
guys im going to close this, i think the OP just wanted to vent/let everyone know.

if for some reason you feel this should be opened back up please PM me.

thank you.

OP if you want to know body questions (hatch etc) please post in the correct spot... Exterior.
people can answer your questions in there.