PDA

View Full Version : car drifts to the right

rjmq06
02-16-2011, 10:02 PM
here's the story

i drive a 02 ep3, whenever i press the gas and let go of the steering wheel the car will drift to the right specially in the freeway and driving fast
and gets stronger and stronger as days goes by
it started doing it like last year
i have no idea what it is
i went to get an alignmet but the guy said its pointless cause thats not the cause of it
could be blown bushings?

k20power
02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
how are u tires..check that the lower control is not bent or anything else bent under the car

makavelibranded
02-18-2011, 07:11 PM
yep tires could definatly be the issue my old shitty falcons made my car have a mind of its own, like hey theres a bump in the road im going to turn right now lol and traction was out of the question with bolt ons I had torque steer

ep3prox
02-21-2011, 01:01 AM
k20power might just be right. I drive a 02 ep3 as well and i have the same exact problem. I bought this car in december of 2009 and its been drifting to the right ever since. I took it to Midas to get an alignment and they also told me that there was no point cause it's not the problem. So he told me to go to another mechanic because they couldnt figure it out. So i continued driving and then in december of 2010, I took my car to a local mechanic to get my gear oil changed (yes, i drove for an entire year swerving to the right). When the mechanic put my car on the lift and took my front two tires off, he told me to come check something out:

My front left lower control arm was dented, and both ball joints were shredded up. -__- I still havent gotten it fixed because I didnt have the money but i recently got hired as a waiter so i plan on visiting them for repair. Got quoted for $424 for both LCA and ball joints. Hope this helps.