PDA

View Full Version : hook up an amp to our stock radio?

miah
02-18-2011, 12:12 AM
can i hook up an amp and sub from our stock oem radio? sorry i dont know nothing bout this i just wanna have some bump in the car nothing crazy tho but i wanna keep the oem look

jones02
02-18-2011, 07:07 AM
nope. the deck needs pre outs to be able to plug in the rca's and yo need a remote wire from the deck.

talonXracer
02-18-2011, 07:10 AM
YES ! you can find speaker level input amp's, but as soon as you do that the speakers will show their severe substandard construction. BUT the addition of just a speaker level input powered sub will greatly help. My sister didnt want new speakers and all that, so I bought her a Bazooka powered sub and added it in behind the rear seats. The stock speaker system works fine for mid's and upper freq's, they are just too lightweight to handle strong low freq's for long.

introvert
02-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Option 1: Amp that accepts line (speaker) level inputs.
Option 2: Line Output Converters (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eR2gyHOgyb2/g_721/Line-Output-Converters.html) (a.k.a. an "LOC").

jones02
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
i wouldnt reccomend that since this is what ido for a living lol but you can i guess.. :S

talonXracer
02-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry, but for a low cost option, it is the ONLY option!

The TS wants to KEEP the stock components and just add some low end umph.

Hell there is even a RSX typeS factory option for a powered sub that fits in the spare tire that can be easily retrofitted into the EP3.

powdbyrice
02-18-2011, 05:37 PM
i wouldnt reccomend that since this is what ido for a living lol but you can i guess.. :S

why not?

i did it. it worked fine for my needs. i soldered the LOC to the rear speaker wires behind the HU and it was fine.

i didn't want to add an aftermarket HU since my car was parked at an airport for days at a time. plain and OEM FTW.

miah
02-18-2011, 10:17 PM
why not?

i did it. it worked fine for my needs. i soldered the LOC to the rear speaker wires behind the HU and it was fine.

i didn't want to add an aftermarket HU since my car was parked at an airport for days at a time. plain and OEM FTW.
see same reason that i have im not trying to be cheap its just that i park my car in a lot of unsafe areas i dont wanna give em any reason to break in my car and honestly i really like the look of our stock radio its clean. ill pm you sir if you dont mind showing me the way :)

miah
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM
thanks fellas for all the inputs sound system is not my forte at all

powdbyrice
02-18-2011, 11:44 PM
sure!

it wasn't fancy, but it got the job done.

Chad
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Hell there is even a RSX typeS factory option for a powered sub that fits in the spare tire that can be easily retrofitted into the EP3.

the bose stuff is NOT an easy retrofit. It's very different.

Jukka
02-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I installed my factory headunit again today. My stupid JVC unit kept messing up and the bluetooth keeps messing up too. I forgot that the OEM headunit actually sounds decent. Im gonna go grab a LOC tomorrow before I go to work.