PDA

View Full Version : ep3 vs dc5 spec. RH/E

R34L-St4tus
02-20-2011, 07:52 AM
well i'm thinking about getting a race header and a cat back exhaust but i'm stuck between which specification to get it for. i really want the larger piping that the dc5 spec offer as i will be using this setup when i do a k24a1 swap in the future. now my question is.....

i have read some post that says if your getting a dc5 specification header or exhaust there won't be any fitment issue as long as their both dc5 specification, correct? i plan on getting the megan racing race header and pairing it with the megan racing drift exhaust which will both be dc5 specification.

but some has said that the header and exhaust for a dc5 spec. are longer in length then the ep3 spec. is this true? i really don't wanna be cutting and re welding it back together, thats the reason for this post.

sorry if this have been covered already, i had done my research but i just want to double check on things before i place an order.

overall, if i can't run a dc5 spec. then i would probably just pick up a dc race header and megan drift exhaust for a ep3 spec.

usedep3
02-20-2011, 08:07 AM
you will be fine if you mate a dc5 spec race header with a dc5 cat back onto your ep.

although you might run into future problems with the megan dc5 header if/when you swap out to a k24. i cant remember at the moment if the megan header clears the stock ep3 or even the em2 front sway. something else to think about if you're planning things out for the future.

R34L-St4tus
02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
you will be fine if you mate a dc5 spec race header with a dc5 cat back onto your ep.

although you might run into future problems with the megan dc5 header if/when you swap out to a k24. i cant remember at the moment if the megan header clears the stock ep3 or even the em2 front sway. something else to think about if you're planning things out for the future.

thanks for the reply, i will look more into that. if it does turn out that i'll have issue with the megan race header then i'll pick up the dc race header for dc5 spec.

R34L-St4tus
02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
also i forgot to add, but which year of the RSX type S should i place an order for? 02-04 or 05-06 sorry!

talonXracer
02-20-2011, 08:32 AM
If you were make outlines looking from the top of each exhaust system(from the engione back), they would be identicle until the very rear at the axle back muffler flange, while the DC5 muffler is about 3" longer than the EP3's. But even though the piping has the same exact profile, the flange location at the rear of the cat are in different locations with the DC5 having the flange further back, ie the midpipe is shorter on the DC5.

This picture shows a EP3 specific length midpipe and the red line is where the DC5 flange location would be located at(approx)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/eld246JPG1.jpg

R34L-St4tus
02-20-2011, 08:50 AM
i see, thanks talonXracer.

antisocial
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
If you were make outlines looking from the top of each exhaust system(from the engione back), they would be identicle until the very rear at the axle back muffler flange, while the DC5 muffler is about 3" longer than the EP3's. But even though the piping has the same exact profile, the flange location at the rear of the cat are in different locations with the DC5 having the flange further back, ie the midpipe is shorter on the DC5.

This picture shows a EP3 specific length midpipe and the red line is where the DC5 flange location would be located at(approx)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/eld246JPG1.jpg

what header is that talon? usdm ep specific?