PDA

View Full Version : replica side skirts

black05ep
02-20-2011, 01:48 PM
i just put them on today.. was a pita.. still having one problem, how did everyone with them get the sides to stay down where there is no sport for double sided tape? and one of mine is a tad long.. i dont fucking get it.. you would think replica body parts would be a little better than this. not that im complaining to much i got them one. just trying to really get the sides to stay down.

EPo3Hatch
02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Not sure but you selling your oem sides :)

SIisaLowRydaEP3
02-20-2011, 02:15 PM
where did you get them from showstoppers?

black05ep
02-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Not sure but you selling your oem sides :)
hahaha thanks for the help,lol umm not atm, but it has crossed my mind. i wana see if i can get these to fit good b4 i make a decision.

where did you get them from showstoppers?
yea.. i got my spoiler front and rear lips from there to. front lip and spoiler fit great, rear lip fits pretty well but the sides are fuckin with me right now.

SIisaLowRydaEP3
02-20-2011, 03:39 PM
can you take some pics i was bout to order the sides and rear from them id like to see how it looks

15000rpms
02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
how did you mount them? Screws? For mine, I drilled some holes at the end of each piece of the skirt and drilled some into my chasis and mount them in with screws and used double sided tape to hold them down. There is another way to avoid drilling into your chasis. But it requires a bracket to connect to the skirt and that skirt onto your chasis. I can't think it up now.

03Si757
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Take pics of what your talking about. I may be able to help..

usedep3
02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
from the ctr replica lip kits, the sideskirts are the only parts that are really hit or miss. most of the times, miss. i know a ephatcher that went through 3 sets trying to find ones that actually fit and ended up giving p after the 3rd set.

from my experience the ctr sideskirts have no mounting hardware or attachments points under the rocker panel. the only real attachement point are inside the front and rear wheel well.

black05ep
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
how did you mount them? Screws? For mine, I drilled some holes at the end of each piece of the skirt and drilled some into my chasis and mount them in with screws and used double sided tape to hold them down. There is another way to avoid drilling into your chasis. But it requires a bracket to connect to the skirt and that skirt onto your chasis. I can't think it up now.
i used screws 1 in the back 2 in the front and 1 under the car. those parts are fine. its really the part that goes up the side of the car.

Take pics of what your talking about. I may be able to help..

its the part that goes up the side of the car where the "type R" sticker goes. double sided tape seems to skinny to hold that part down.

from the ctr replica lip kits, the sideskirts are the only parts that are really hit or miss. most of the times, miss. i know a ephatcher that went through 3 sets trying to find ones that actually fit and ended up giving p after the 3rd set.

from my experience the ctr sideskirts have no mounting hardware or attachments points under the rocker panel. the only real attachement point are inside the front and rear wheel well.
well i got the front and back part attached in the wheels wells i actually tryed to reuse those brackets that are on the factory skirts. it coulda worked if i had a way to get more under the car.. i have 1 screw holding the center bottem of the skirt. im mostly concerned withthe part that goes up the side.

can you take some pics i was bout to order the sides and rear from them id like to see how it looks

i was kinda bugged at first. they looked good but it botherd me im starting to be content with it i havent done any modifications to make them fit at the moment so i suppose they fit good for not being modded ill try to take some picks for you although there are tones of pics with the replicas on here already.

EDU
02-21-2011, 07:10 PM
IN for pics

15000rpms
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
you have to layer the double sided tape until its thick enough. The tape I used was the tape that looked like foam. Or you could use the double sided tape and attach it to something thick to replicate the layered tape.

black05ep
02-24-2011, 07:10 PM
you have to layer the double sided tape until its thick enough. The tape I used was the tape that looked like foam. Or you could use the double sided tape and attach it to something thick to replicate the layered tape.

this was my idea as well i think im gna do that. thanks and ill get pics soon.

alex026
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
ever consider glue? Im feeling im going to run into the same problem this spring too. I know yuck glue, but apparently it works pretty well. Keeps it tight and no water seeps in there.