PDA

View Full Version : Damn suspension!

importhonda
12-20-2002, 07:20 PM
I recently put progress springson my EP and now the passenger front is making noises... it is not noises like the rest of the members are having with thier race springs, this is different.

It sounds like metal clanging and occurs at low speeds from any sort of vibration. being that its not when i go over bumps, i believe it is not the springs itself making the noise. It is not the steering ball joint because when i stand still and turn the wheel back and forth, no noise is made...

What scares me is when I was installing the passenger front springs the driveshaft was pulled out and I had to force it back in. You guys dont think that could have possibly broken at all, do you? If so, should I put the stock springs back on and take it to the dealer for warranty? Will they notice?

Tomorrow I'm gonna jack the car up and take another look... Please let me know what you guys think

Thanks

Suk02Si
12-20-2002, 07:33 PM
the top of the strut sits at an angle, not straight. Maybe it isn't seating correctly? Did you line up the white hash marks?

importhonda
12-20-2002, 11:30 PM
yes, im pretty sure it was... the last check i will do is that, because I know that drive shaft will come out as soon as I unbolt that suspension. It's such a pain in the ass.

Could it be the drive shaft? Or would that fact that it is rotating omit it from that sort of noise (It does not vary with RPM or speed)

importhonda
12-21-2002, 05:37 PM
ok, i checked it out and it is the caliper making the noise... the bolts are all tight but the floating part of the caliper is too loose. What would cause it not to tighten down automatically? You think there might be air in the brake lines?

What are possible causes of this?

greenguy
12-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by importhonda
You think there might be air in the brake lines?

Get a friend to help you bleed em. Its super simple! need help just ask.

importhonda
12-22-2002, 04:31 AM
forgive my ignorance, where is the valve to bleed the brakes?