PDA

View Full Version : ingulls stiffy

lemonhead228
02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
i read up on it and i still have no idea whats it for

also would an rsx stiffy fit on our ep?

AKEP
02-21-2011, 01:30 AM
its an engine damper, its like a little shock that connects to the top of the valve cover and the strut tower, helps reduce engine movement and wheel hop under acceleration. should get motor mount inserts at least to keep it from blowing the damper. should fit from an rsx but dont quote me.

lemonhead228
02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
its an engine damper, its like a little shock that connects to the top of the valve cover and the strut tower, helps reduce engine movement and wheel hop under acceleration. should get motor mount inserts at least to keep it from blowing the damper. should fit from an rsx but dont quote me.

K now it make more sense. Thanks for the reply. If i get it for my a3 now would it fit a 24a2 if I do a swap

T_Virus
02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
not worth it...Don't get it...you might as well get the avid motor mounts.

boricua4life
02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
it wont fit if you get it from an rsx.... decreases wheel hop and basically it acts like a motor mount.i have ingalls on my car n it shakes a lot due to the engine movement and settings. but if you find a cheap one which i have seen some used for 50 bucks go for it its a cool upgrade if u have rh/and get engine mounts.

T_Virus
02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
it wont fit if you get it from an rsx.... decreases wheel hop and basically it acts like a motor mount.i have ingalls on my car n it shakes a lot due to the engine movement and settings. but if you find a cheap one which i have seen some used for 50 bucks go for it its a cool upgrade if u have rh/and get engine mounts.

Nope...it doesn't decrease wheel hop...Search and find TalonXracer's post...

makavelibranded
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I doesint do much,.. i have one and its basicly just a bling item

lemonhead228
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Oo a guy is sell one for 60 but is from a rsx so its useless to get it. Thank you all!

boricua4life
02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Nope...it doesn't decrease wheel hop...Search and find TalonXracer's post...
only reason i said it because thats one of the reasons i bought it; look at corsportusa n ingalls web site n they also claim it helps reduce wheel hop.

T_Virus
02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I doesint do much,.. i have one and its basicly just a bling item

Mine was too...I got the Spoon ETD and it didn't even do anything besides looking nice and JDM.

only reason i said it because thats one of the reasons i bought it; look at corsportusa n ingalls web site n they also claim it helps reduce wheel hop.

Marketing advertisement...I went from Spoon ETD (still had major wheel hop) to Avid Motor Mounts (Still get wheel hop but less than the Spoon ETD)... But these do not really reduce wheel hop.

You should really find Talonxracer's post on wheel hop.

Your theory is entirely false, THERE IS ZERO lateral stress other than weight transfer. AGAIN, wheel hop has absolutely NOTHING to do with the engine mounts!!!!

The ONLY function of the engine mounts is to isolate the engine vibrations from the rest of the car and retain the engine within the engine bay.

The stockish EP3 suffers from TWO issues that are thought of as wheel hop, the first is the engine rocking BACK and FORTH slamming the engine mounts center bolts against their outer casing(what causes them to rip), the inserts and aftermarket mounts eliminate this and it is not wheel hop just engine movement. The second issue is actual wheel hop which is a loading and unloading of the suspension as the tires gain and loose traction cyclically causing the wheels/suspension to start bouncing between the road and the bump stops. Wheel hop can cause the engine to slam back and forth violently but engine movement can not cause wheel hop

boricua4life
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Mine was too...I got the Spoon ETD and it didn't even do anything besides looking nice and JDM.

Marketing advertisement...I went from Spoon ETD (still had major wheel hop) to Avid Motor Mounts (Still get wheel hop but less than the Spoon ETD)... But these do not really reduce wheel hop.

You should really find Talonxracer's post on wheel hop.

damn your right; i honestly thought it helped a little.... well like the other guy said at least i have some bling under the hood;p

sleepy ep3
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
If you have $150 to blow, go buy some poontang. It will be more memorable than the effects that the ETD will have. I drag raced my ep all the time and I can tell you that neither ETD is worth the money. When it comes to racing, (and for that matter, wheel hop) proper suspension and clutch make ALL the difference. Suspension for controlling weight transfer and limiting wheel hop, (or the ability of the suspension to absorb wheel hop and vibrations) and clutch for engagement feel and actual engagement point. (so you don't break the tires loose)