PDA

View Full Version : EP3 getting jacked safely/properly?

DRP967
02-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Whats up, this in regards to jacking up the EP3, not theft. I know there are 2 jack points on each side of the EP just behind the sideskirts in front of the front/rear wheels making a total of 4. Also if I am not mistaken the rear tow hook base part (not the pointy part) can be used as a jack point? Also where is the jack point in the front of the EP3? I ask because its now getting harder to get my EP3 on the hydraulic lift at my mechanic's garage. Besides using 2x4s/slope ramps, where else can I jack up the the car? Here are my issues:

1. Side Jack points: Jack/lift arms wont fit underneath sideskirts.

2. Rear tow hook/jack point: I have a Benen tow hook extension...dont wanna bang that piece up.

3. Front tow hook/jack point: I have a CF front lip there...too low to fit jack under.

*Where can the car be jacked up? the LCAs? Or is my best bet just using the ramp/wood pieces? Also how many jack points does our EP3 have? Input needed thanks.

BeaterEP
02-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Can you just roll it on to some 2x4's and get to the front jack point?

EDIT:
LOL, didn't finish reading. Yeah, I'd say your best bet is some 2x4's and the front end.

POOPTOOTH
02-21-2011, 09:04 AM
This is what I do:

-Back car into the lift.
-Jack up front of car (using crossmember)
-Slide front lift arms under the car in appropriate space
-Jack rear of the car using the factory tow loop.
-slide rear lift arms into place.
-Elevate car.

This is all betting on the fact that you have a decent low pro jack.

k20power
02-21-2011, 09:05 AM
U gonna have to do like he said start using wood to get it higher so the jack can go underneath

DRP967
02-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Can you just roll it on to some 2x4's and get to the front jack point?

EDIT:
LOL, didn't finish reading. Yeah, I'd say your best bet is some 2x4's and the front end.

This is what I do:

-Back car into the lift.
-Jack up front of car (using crossmember)
-Slide front lift arms under the car in appropriate space
-Jack rear of the car using the factory tow loop.
-slide rear lift arms into place.
-Elevate car.

This is all betting on the fact that you have a decent low pro jack.

1. lol yeah this ride height is starting to bug me...but nothing some wood/ramps cant fix I guess. :mredface:

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/tomioka_racing.jpg

2. Thats how it used to be done at my mechanic's garage for oil changes when we didnt use the "hole in the ground" stall. But now because of my fancy tow hook piece...dont wanna jack it up there since it will be blemished. And the front is a no go cause of the CF lip. Excuse my noobness but what is the crossmember?

Thanks again for the input guys.

DRP967
02-21-2011, 09:12 AM
U gonna have to do like he said start using wood to get it higher so the jack can go underneath

Yeah I figrued thats the best/only way considering my set up. Thanks

RickEP3
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I used to do the wood thing then my buddy got me one of these:

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=16193&cat=1591&page=1

I think I'd rather used wood than pay $78. There's probably cheaper ones around.

POOPTOOTH
02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
God forbid you blemmish that highly functional tow hook... lol. :mangel:

Ditch that ricer shit and you won't have to worry about it. And the front crossmember is easy to spot, just crawl under there and look. Just don't mistake it for you radiator. I had a CF front lip for ever and it never got in the way.

BeaterEP
02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah, Honda even stamped an arrow in to the subframe or the splash guard that points at the spot you're supposed to jack. :thumbu:

EPSU3
02-21-2011, 09:28 AM
advanced auto sells low profile jacks, but ramps are a good option.