PDA

View Full Version : 3-angle valve job

NYC02SI
12-20-2002, 07:58 PM
what consists of a 3-angle valve job?

JSIR
12-20-2002, 08:16 PM
basically as the name suggests, usually a performance valve grind is done of the seats with three cuts at varying angles, throat cut, seat cut and one other cut. Everyone has their own secret formula it seems and the amount of material that is removed. A five angle valve job is usually thought to be a better performing job, but a three angle valve job is thought to be a longer wearing long term job. Hard to say either way. If you are going to go through the expense of a valve job try to combine it with some other improvements to get the best bang for the buck. A valve job alone will not give you huge gains. hth.

NYC02SI
12-20-2002, 08:39 PM
thanks, i'm lookin for first mods to be I/H/E from spoon and after suspension upgrades

JSIR
12-20-2002, 08:55 PM
yeah those will help, but I mean if you go to the expense of pulling the head , do some other upgrades while you are in there. Increase compression by milling or using thinner head gasket, clean up the ports, maybe some chamber work, along with a good valve job. Maybe even swap in some nice valves.