PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these springs? Eibach Pro-kit

he_li48
02-22-2011, 08:23 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Eibach-4056-140-Pro-Kit-Performance-Spring/dp/B000CNBKDQ

I am looking to lower, I have only 40k miles on stock suspension. Should I consider replacing struts also? I want to keep comfortable ride. But get nicer handling, it is a DD.

Seems like a good price.

blue2turbo
02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I just installed these on my car this weekend. I bought some lower mileage 30k OEM struts and put these on with new OEM upper bearings and honestly they ride very well. It's not that much of a drop, but it feels a little better in the corners and is still some type of drop. Still not as comfy as stock, but not bad at all. I like them.

carrito
02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
i'm thinkin in get these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-S-TECH-SPRINGS-02-03-04-05-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-EP3-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0a2fd285QQitemZ18055 9532677QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Zzyzx
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Good dampers really need to be your next purchase. I rode on pro kits for a couple of years prior to swapping to Koni Yellows... 3 of the 4 OEM dampers were completely degassed (blown) and the last one was ridiculously weak.

So, they may feel fine in the beginning, but killing dampers is a slow death. they will get progressively weaker and weaker, at a rate that is barely perceptible till they are totally gone.

Honestly I never knew when they went, just that it was a night and day difference between them and the Koni dampers.

02TWSI
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I've had these on my car for a good while. Atleast 2 years now and people still tell me I need to lower it more...the ride has gone to shit on stock struts with over 100k on them

blue2turbo
02-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I've had these on my car for a good while. Atleast 2 years now and people still tell me I need to lower it more...the ride has gone to shit on stock struts with over 100k on them

What I've come to notice is that those with them, generally don't take them off. The fact that your OEM Struts went that long on them and they have over 100k is definitely a good sign. put on Skunk2 or Sportlines, or anything with a 1.5" or greater drop and I garuantee the ride will go to shit long before 100k. The ride quality from my old 75k struts with skunk2 springs (on there for 30k) was night and day when I put the prokit on the used 30k OEM struts I bought. The 75k struts I took off were dead after 30k miles with skunk2 springs on them.

As for the Tein S Techs, they were the other possibles on my list when I was removing my coilovers, but honestly I needed the ride high as possible since my GF will be driving it now instead.

he_li48
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM

What was the mileage on the stock struts went you swapped out the springs?

02TWSI
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
75k, I have 108 now

Cheep3
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Good springs and good price. I had the Prokits on my old GTI and they really were good springs. Only about half the people that looked at the car could tell it was lowered though. Not so great for looks but excellent for handling and probably the best springs for stock shocks available. Other people may not notice but at least you'll know it's dropped!

he_li48
02-23-2011, 08:07 AM
i'm thinkin in get these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-S-TECH-SPRINGS-02-03-04-05-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-EP3-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0a2fd285QQitemZ18055 9532677QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Those look good but I think the drop would be too much for me. Drive too much around town and into NYC. Think it would bottoming out all over the place.

Passenger
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
They are awesome for more aggressive cornering and being able to keep your stock struts and what not .. I've had em for about 5 years now, roughly 50k miles. but the only bad thing is it still sits really high. Looks close to stock. But for me to only have to get an alignment after I put em on, I've definitely got every penny out of em.

udontknowjack
02-23-2011, 11:46 AM
selling my eibach spring with tokico D Spec shock soon after they get swap out next week

Nawa00
03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I know that I am late to respond to this thread but I'm going to anyway. I have the Eibach Pro-kits installed and I love them. I live in NYC and I don't go to the track at all so I don't need more than the drop that I got here (about an inch front and rear) but the handling is there where I need it which is around the city and on the highways. What I like the most is that the drop isn't too aggressive to call a lot of attention to my car (by the police and others) but the handling is sweet. The mistake I made is that I didn't change the struts/shocks at the same time. The ride wasn't so good until I did that.