PDA

View Full Version : Kpro re key norcal!!

Sukiyaki90
02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey guys my friend recently purchased a used kpro and we went to our local honda dealer in fremont, and they said they couldent get the ecu to work with the car. they didnt seem to know much about kpro so i was wondering if there are any dealers you guys can recomend we take the car too? or is the ecu just bad?

Rictorious88
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey guys my friend recently purchased a used kpro and we went to our local honda dealer in fremont, and they said they couldent get the ecu to work with the car. they didnt seem to know much about kpro so i was wondering if there are any dealers you guys can recomend we take the car too? or is the ecu just bad?

I am pretty sure you just plug in it and disable the immobilizer through kmanager.

japarossa
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Thats it just open up kmanager and just click on MISC. in Kmanager, the first box will be for the immobilizer.

Sukiyaki90
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Omg!!! Thanks Alot!! I'm going to try that first thing in the morning!!! This is why ephatch forum is the best!!! So responsive!!

HondaFreak
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
On the Hondata site is a PDF you can print out and take to the dealer the explains step by step how to key the ecu. You just need a laptop with k manager to upload the .kal when the tech is done. I suggest you do it, otherwise save your "F$&k my car was stolen" thread. It's worth it.

Christian

Sukiyaki90
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
ok thanks that answered my second question...damn that stupid blinking key light!!

japarossa
02-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Thats why I like my Type R cluster......No blinking green light

EP3Casas
02-25-2011, 07:59 AM
i had this same issue yesterday. i tried selling my k-pro'd ecu to another member on here and his ecu would not flash to my kay. anythoughts?

HondaFreak
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
i had this same issue yesterday. i tried selling my k-pro'd ecu to another member on here and his ecu would not flash to my kay. anythoughts?

So wait, you took your car to the dealer, with an OEM ecu, and the ecu wouldn't accept your key fob/key?
Christian

Kentoneseboi
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
So wait, you took your car to the dealer, with an OEM ecu, and the ecu wouldn't accept your key fob/key?
Christian
haha yeah thats what happened!

i was trying to get ep3casas kpro...but the dumb dublin dealership couldnt get it to sync...im gonna ask my friend who works at stevens creek honda to check if he can do it or see if theres something wrong with my ecu

j0000stin
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
haha yeah thats what happened!

i was trying to get ep3casas kpro...but the dumb dublin dealership couldnt get it to sync...im gonna ask my friend who works at stevens creek honda to check if he can do it or see if theres something wrong with my ecu

when i sold that kpro to casas 2 years ago all i did was swap ecus and tell the dealership in tracy to sync the keys to the car that has the stock ecu. /end