PDA

View Full Version : what belt on 2005 tsx whitout ac condensor?

sebzero
02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
anyone know that?i searched for an answer but nobody talkin about removing the ac condensor

that1blackhatch
02-26-2011, 02:00 AM
im not 100% positive on this but being that if you removed the ac condensor(pulley) you would be taking away another pulley so that would throw the belt off on turns and flips sides on different pulleys(one side is smooth and one is grooved) since both the k24 and a3 came with ac thats why your able to remove the power steering on the k24 and use the ep3 belt(while still using the ac) because we have eps, but i just made it simple for myself and deleted my ac condensor with the karcepts delete kit, i think thats why karcepts makes a kit, because just buying a belt wont work... but like i said i could be wrong so im interested in finding out the facts on why/how it will/wont work...

Jpax
02-26-2011, 02:35 AM
So best way to figure out what size belt you need is to take a nice thick piece of string - and then wrap it around the pulleys as if it was the belt installed - you can then pull the string out and measure the length with a tape measure - then you can go to either http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=3128 or another belt company and look at the effective belt measurement. to find your correct belt, you should buy 2 belts, one the size you need and one belt one size bigger incase the size you measured is just a hair off - you can then return the unused belt.

ep-unit
02-26-2011, 02:07 PM
52 inch will work