PDA

View Full Version : A3 is gone! Going K24A1 + JRSC + Cams ETC Questions

neoamd
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Well my K20A3 is dead and I'm going to have a K24A1 swapped in. Whats the smallest pulley I can run on the JRSC for boost? I was going to swap the accord crank pulley on my A3 since I'm running the 3.8' pulley to up the boost. I'm not sure if the K24A1 changes things, pardon my ignorance.

My current mods are:

JRSC
3.8" Pulley
440cc Injectors
Injen 3" CAI
KRRH/CRSX RH
Custom 3" Exhaust
K-Pro
Innovative Motor Mounts (All 4)
CC Stage 4 w/Lightweight Flywheel

When the K24A1 is swapped in I will be reusing most of the above and adding:

Rebuilt/Ported JRSC from Stiegemeier
Ported Throttle Body
Crower Stage 2 Cams
AIS Methanol Kit w/11GPH nozzle
650cc Injectors
And if money allows a 6spd trans w/ LSD

What pulley setup should I run to get ~11-12lbs of boost out the M62? I'm looking to crack 300whp. What should the rev limit be? Should I grab a set of supertech valve springs + retainers? Should I add a Hybrid Racing Chain Tensioner? Will the KRRH/CRSX RH fit fine with the K24A1?

What sucks about this whole deal was the day before the motor went I was working out buying a complete rear 03 Cobra IRS for my FD!!! Guess she'll have to wait!

Thanks to those that offer advice!

sleepy ep3
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
It never hurts to have an updated valvetrain. I would DEFINITLY upgrade the springs, especially if you plan on doing a little racing. The hybrid tct is a good idea since you are going with cams, but I heard that hybrid has had some issues with the pins that hold the ratchet mechanism in place. Do some research.

neoamd
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
It never hurts to have an updated valvetrain. I would DEFINITLY upgrade the springs, especially if you plan on doing a little racing. The hybrid tct is a good idea since you are going with cams, but I heard that hybrid has had some issues with the pins that hold the ratchet mechanism in place. Do some research.

Sounds like I'll grab new valve springs and retainers. What TCT would you recommend then? I know the Skunk 2 has issues as well.. Should the stock hold up fine? I've done research but it always half saying it's good and the other half saying it has issues. Gotta love the internet.

Will I be fine with the stock Oil Pump?

superchargedk20
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
wat happened to ur a3?

neoamd
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
wat happened to ur a3?

Went from 4th @ 4.5k rpm to 3rd. :facepalm:

Thats what I get for drinking... whatever though at least its given me a good reason to try and break 300whp, haha

vicx52o
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
The KRRH/CRSX will be good. You'll need to run an EM2 front sway or no front sway to run it though.

neoamd
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
The KRRH/CRSX will be good. You'll need to run an EM2 front sway or no front sway to run it though.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and grab one!

Anyone know what JRSC pulley I should run if I run the Accord crank pulley?

04EP3Hatch
02-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Well my K20A3 is dead and I'm going to have a K24A1 swapped in. Whats the smallest pulley I can run on the JRSC for boost? I was going to swap the accord crank pulley on my A3 since I'm running the 3.8' pulley to up the boost. I'm not sure if the K24A1 changes things, pardon my ignorance.

My current mods are:

JRSC
3.8" Pulley
440cc Injectors
Injen 3" CAI
KRRH/CRSX RH
Custom 3" Exhaust
K-Pro
Innovative Motor Mounts (All 4)

When the K24A1 is swapped in I will be reusing most of the above and adding:

Rebuilt/Ported JRSC from Stiegemeier
Ported Throttle Body
Crower Stage 2 Cams
AIS Methanol Kit w/11GPH nozzle
650cc Injectors
And if money allows a 6spd trans w/ LSD

What pulley setup should I run to get ~11-12lbs of boost out the M62? I'm looking to crack 300whp. What should the rev limit be? Should I grab a set of supertech valve springs + retainers? Should I add a Hybrid Racing Chain Tensioner? Will the KRRH/CRSX RH fit fine with the K24A1?

What sucks about this whole deal was the day before the motor went I was working out buying a complete rear 03 Cobra IRS for my FD!!! Guess she'll have to wait!

Thanks to those that offer advice!

alright on the A1 your best bet would be to use the accord pulley with the 3.8 you have, youll be sitting in the 10psi-11psi range depending on cam angles during tuning. as for cams i would personally go with the a2 cams in your setup (ivtec killer) with supertech single springs, you can use oem spring bases and retainers so it keeps cost down and the more oem means less chance for issue's, and because the oem cams (even vtec love) dont have the aggressive ramp that the aftermarkets do so thats less chain and tct stresses. and when you get the blower back i want pics :) ive seen stiegmeir's work first hand and i give thumbs up, no other way about it. and if you run the 14gph meth nozzle you actually dont need to up to 650's, my duty cycle warrants me going with my next setup whenever i make up my mind with it :( 300whp is easily in reach, im hoping to attain that with my a3 which i will do, but if you want to stick with aftermarket cams i;d suggest skunk2 stage 2's. theyre more aggressive with the fasramp technology so they cram more compressed air into each cylinder which will equal less boost on the gauge, but a higher graph on the dyno plot if you catch my drift (i have a brand new in box set for sale cheaper than skunk2's garage sale if your intersted). the other problem with that motor would be rev limit. that motor has such a long stroke its almost a good idea to keep it to 7500 just to be safe, thats just me though. good luck man keep us posted!

neoamd
02-23-2011, 11:39 PM
alright on the A1 your best bet would be to use the accord pulley with the 3.8 you have, youll be sitting in the 10psi-11psi range depending on cam angles during tuning. as for cams i would personally go with the a2 cams in your setup (ivtec killer) with supertech single springs, you can use oem spring bases and retainers so it keeps cost down and the more oem means less chance for issue's, and because the oem cams (even vtec love) dont have the aggressive ramp that the aftermarkets do so thats less chain and tct stresses. and when you get the blower back i want pics :) ive seen stiegmeir's work first hand and i give thumbs up, no other way about it. that motor has such a long stroke its almost a good idea to keep it to 7500 just to be safe, thats just me though. good luck man keep us posted!

Good to know. I'll just buy the Skeletor K24 crank pulley and have it swapped out. Why no 3.7 pulley love =P

I'm not really a fan of the vtec killer setup. If I went that route I would just buy a K20A2 head. I've read a lot on the BC Stg 2's vs the Skunk2 Stg 2's and the BCs seem like the safer bet. I'm going to get some SuperTech single valve springs w/ retainers to match with the BC cams I have. With this whole swap going on I don't really have the cash to spare to buy another set of cams just to try them out. Also I'm going to grab a set of 650cc injectors just to be safe since I'll have it tuned out without the meth and then with. Better safe than sorry in my book!

You should install those cams man!! Do it and make more power than my car will with a A1, I would RAGE, hahaha.

Reason for the money issue is that I'm going to try and squeeze in a Z3 tranny in the swap so I can have an LSD and sweet 6th gear! I'm hoping with all my current mods + SC porting, TB porting, Cams, Meth, Skeletor Crank Pulley, and MAYBE a 3.7 pulley I can break 300whp. If I can make it out with a 6 spd with a diff I'll be in heaven. Hell if the car doesn't put down the power I'm hoping for I have a N20 kit sitting here with a 35 and 50 shot jets ready to go!!! I kid on the N20, haha maybe :ninja:

04EP3Hatch
02-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Good to know. I'll just buy the Skeletor K24 crank pulley and have it swapped out. Why no 3.7 pulley love =P

I'm not really a fan of the vtec killer setup. If I went that route I would just buy a K20A2 head. I've read a lot on the BC Stg 2's vs the Skunk2 Stg 2's and the BCs seem like the safer bet. I'm going to get some SuperTech single valve springs w/ retainers to match with the BC cams I have. With this whole swap going on I don't really have the cash to spare to buy another set of cams just to try them out. Also I'm going to grab a set of 650cc injectors just to be safe since I'll have it tuned out without the meth and then with. Better safe than sorry in my book!

You should install those cams man!! Do it and make more power than my car will with a A1, I would RAGE, hahaha.

Reason for the money issue is that I'm going to try and squeeze in a Z3 tranny in the swap so I can have an LSD and sweet 6th gear! I'm hoping with all my current mods + SC porting, TB porting, Cams, Meth, Skeletor Crank Pulley, and MAYBE a 3.7 pulley I can break 300whp. If I can make it out with a 6 spd with a diff I'll be in heaven. Hell if the car doesn't put down the power I'm hoping for I have a N20 kit sitting here with a 35 and 50 shot jets ready to go!!! I kid on the N20, haha maybe :ninja:

i forget where i heard it but the 3.7 added to the mix will only cause slippage issues, yes i know the larger CP is more surface area the the BP is slightly less, but the CP is trying to spin all the accessorys faster than average so that will easily cause some slippin, as for the tranny dude id suggest sticking your 5 speed and getting the 6speed conversion from CRSX (6th gear is only for fuel mileage), with the A1's available torque and the much lower redline than your stock Z3, you'd be shifting a hell of a lot more. if you get a six speed than at least get a taller fin al drive to leave you in each gear a little longer to make use of all your power.

neoamd
02-24-2011, 02:22 PM
i forget where i heard it but the 3.7 added to the mix will only cause slippage issues, yes i know the larger CP is more surface area the the BP is slightly less, but the CP is trying to spin all the accessorys faster than average so that will easily cause some slippin, as for the tranny dude id suggest sticking your 5 speed and getting the 6speed conversion from CRSX (6th gear is only for fuel mileage), with the A1's available torque and the much lower redline than your stock Z3, you'd be shifting a hell of a lot more. if you get a six speed than at least get a taller fin al drive to leave you in each gear a little longer to make use of all your power.

Good point, didn't realize it was that big of a difference. I'm just really looking for a nice gas saving 6th without sacrificing to much. My worst case option would just be to get a Type S trans and have an LSD installed because of ease unless someone has a EP3 trans for sale. I'm tired of being @ 4k at ~78mph. My tire size is 215/40/17.

Maybe the EP3 trans with a TSX 6th, OEM LSD, and stock final drive would be best. This car is my daily driver and I'm just after the power for fun. My RX-7 is alot more tolerable on the highway since I can ride at 100mph @ 2600rpm. I miss the torque and the gearing.............

04EP3Hatch
02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
yea the tsx 6th and oem lsd would be a very nice trans setup in the car you plan on bulding, i really hate the 5th gear rpms in my car too lol

neoamd
02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
yea the tsx 6th and oem lsd would be a very nice trans setup in the car you plan on bulding, i really hate the 5th gear rpms in my car too lol

haha I hear you on that. My only issue I can't deal with the extra down time of having the trans sent out on top the swap. I will be pulling the JRSC before it's towed to the shop so I can send it off to Stiegemeier in advance. The only option would be to buy another EP3 trans and sell off my old one after all is said and done. Not sure I can swing that just yet.

AUTiger
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
to save time, just have everything that you might buy for the swap shipped to Johnny's. That is what I did and also hand delivered coolant, oil and tranny fluid. Johnny was even nice enough to pressure wash the engine bay for free and clean the new motor before they installed it.

neoamd
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
to save time, just have everything that you might buy for the swap shipped to Johnny's. That is what I did and also hand delivered coolant, oil and tranny fluid. Johnny was even nice enough to pressure wash the engine bay for free and clean the new motor before they installed it.

Thats what I'll be doing. Hell thats the only reason I'm pulling the SC off, haha. I'm having the motor shipped to him and will be bringing the rest of the parts with me. I hoping that I've accounted for and thought of pretty much everything. Once I drop the car of there I'll prob come back after 3-5 days to take some time off and crash at my cousins house. Work has ravaged me and time off would be nice.

If only more EP3 owners were local with parts stacked to the ceiling.. one can dream right. I'll check with him on pressure washing the motor and the engine bay since that would be nice. Now I'm doubting the cams since I haven't found anyone running a K24A1 with em on a boosted setup. Turbo vs SC is the big difference. Not sure if the power difference would be worth it vs just going with a K20A2 head with stock cams in it. FML

My eyes are bleeding from CRSX, K20a, and HT.

02CivicSI-VTEC
02-26-2011, 04:23 PM
k24 crank pulley and 3.8 you will loose boost and will make anywhere from 3-5 psi. i am running a stock k24a1 block with stock cp with a 3.2 bp and making 9-10psi

neoamd
02-27-2011, 06:08 AM
k24 crank pulley and 3.8 you will loose boost and will make anywhere from 3-5 psi. i am running a stock k24a1 block with stock cp with a 3.2 bp and making 9-10psi

Thanks for the info! Do you know a site when I can compare differnet CP/boost pulleys combos? I'm really hoping for 11psi.

Also how much power is your car laying down? Mods? THANKS!!

neoamd
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm going to ditch the CRV head and BC Stg 2 cams I have and go with a K20A2 head instead. Will the EP3 JRSC manifold still bolt up fine? With the K24A1 block & A2 head would I be able to fit the RSX JRSC Manifold instead?

I'm asking since I would gain more power using the RSX JRSC manifold setup vs the ported EP3 manifold. Same goes with using the A2 head vs the A1 with cams. I must break 300whp!!!!!

Another thing I'm looking at is either sending the stock EP3 TB out to maxbore for porting OR just buying a 74mm Hybrid Racing TB. I will be selling my current Injen 3' CAI and have a custom intake made to fit the methanol better.

So to make this easier to answer:

1. With an A2 head on the K24A1 block will the EP3 JRSC manifold fit fine?

2. With an A2 head on the K24A1 block will the RSX JRSC manifold fit fine? (I know it may need some help to fit or bending/cutting core support - thats fine with me)

3. With the A2 head on instead of the A1 head would a maxbored TB or an after market 74mm TB be better? (Better as in mo' powa)

4. Would the skeletor crank pulley and my 3.8 pulley still up my boost 2lbs? I'm looking to run at least 11lbs of boost. I've spoke with Stiegemeier and part of the rebuilt will be prepping the blower to run over what Eaton specifies.

5. If question #2 is good to go would the aftercooler kit from Jmercado/? fit fine? (IE enough space in front of the radiator for the heat exchanger and room under the hood for the necessary lines/fittings?

6. 300+whp here I come? :mangel:

When these things are figured out I will post pictures of the parts and my total cost. I should have all the cash ready for the swap by April 3rd. Adams Automotive in Crestview, FL will be doing all the work/labor. I can't speak highly enough of their customer service :mcool:

neoamd
03-16-2011, 02:23 PM

Doh, didn't see this until just now. I'll ditch the 3.8 pulley then. What pulley should I run? The 3.0? I will be running a K20A2 head since the power gained with it on stock cams + vtec should be better than the K24A1 head + BC Stg 2 cams.

Josh

AUTiger
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Both JRSC manifold's would work. With the a2 jrsc you would need to trim the radiator support just like if you ran an rbc intake manifold. And yes, you could run the aftercooler setup. A maxbore throttle body would always help.

Glad Johnny is taking care of you!

neoamd
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Both JRSC manifold's would work. With the a2 jrsc you would need to trim the radiator support just like if you ran an rbc intake manifold. And yes, you could run the aftercooler setup. A maxbore throttle body would always help.

Glad Johnny is taking care of you!

Thanks man! Sounds good. I will prob send the blower out to have it rebuilt then I will sell it on the forums so I can buy a RSX JRSC setup.

Yeah man Johnny is awesome!

Canuck Civic
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey man I have a jmercado aftercooler on mine. the core which goes in the manifold is the old version like his very first one but I have the new heat exchanger. The rsx version of the heat exchanger shares the same mounting points as the a/c condenser but us ep3's have a different condenser so I cut off the top tabs on mine and welded new ones on top which then gets bolted to the crash bar. and the bottom mounting points are the same location as the rsx so those are fine.

If you keep a/c the lines get in the way some, the one that goes over the snout is pretty close and the hose underneath going from compressor to condenser is bent in a stupid way so I bought items from encoredc5 to make my own. Right now my rad is out so after work tomorrow I can get you a picture of how I have the lines ran.

neoamd
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey man I have a jmercado aftercooler on mine. the core which goes in the manifold is the old version like his very first one but I have the new heat exchanger. The rsx version of the heat exchanger shares the same mounting points as the a/c condenser but us ep3's have a different condenser so I cut off the top tabs on mine and welded new ones on top which then gets bolted to the crash bar. and the bottom mounting points are the same location as the rsx so those are fine.

If you keep a/c the lines get in the way some, the one that goes over the snout is pretty close and the hose underneath going from compressor to condenser is bent in a stupid way so I bought items from encoredc5 to make my own. Right now my rad is out so after work tomorrow I can get you a picture of how I have the lines ran.

Kick ass man. I should be the owner of a complete A2 head tomorrow + a2 oil pump. Now I just need a CRV short block so I can have 09 TSX internals installed (11.1:1 comp vs 10.5:1 in the TSXs before 09. I'd go after market internals but nothing can beat OEM!! Plus I've read that the TSX internals can hold ~400whp.

I'll be posting pic of the build as parts arrive and then I'll have some pics of when the car is done. Not to mention a copy of the dyno sheet. If I can run 12lbs of boost on the RSX blower along with my motor setup and meth injection ~320-340whp should easily attainable!

I've thought of selling the meth kit and a few other parts just so I can go aftercooler instead. Not having to fill up another "fuel" tank would be nice. Plus my EP is happy too, haha

Canuck Civic
03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Pictures as promised

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5296/5541669276_5182054d12_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5541664480_30e5786619_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/5541080963_edc8740e0c_z.jpg

05 hatch
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
That's sick man! Love what you're doin! Can't wait to see the end results!

neoamd
04-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Pictures as promised

I'm jelly.

neoamd
04-15-2011, 10:51 PM
That's sick man! Love what you're doin! Can't wait to see the end results!

Have all the parts but the K24A1 short block! I'm looking for one if any one has one for sale!!

Build will be:

K20A2 Head
K24A1 SB
09 TSX Internals
OEM Head gasket
APR Head studs
EP3 JRSC (Rebuilt and Ported by Stiegemeier)
Maxbore TB
Custom CAI
AIS Methanol Kit (14GPH nozzle)
CRSX RH
Custom 3 inch Exhaust
650cc Injectors
Hondata 4 Bar MAP
08/09 K24 Crank Pulley
3.0 or 3.2 S/C Pulley
and something else I don't remember..

Reason for sticking with the EP3 blower is time based. Dont have the time to sell it, buy another, then have the RSX one ported/rebuilt! When the car goes back together I want to be sure the motor and S/C will be there to stay for a long time so I can focus on my slut of an FD. :mangel:

Am I correct in the CP + 3.0/3.2 pulley for this motor setup? I'd search around but I'm trying to find a short block right now. I'm looking to run ~12psi. I will be running the new larger K24 CP.

Also since I'm going to run the 09 TSX internals with the pistons @ 11.1:1 compression what will the final comp be when the A2 head is on it? Should I go for <09 TSX pistons which are 10.5:1 instead? I want to be as close to 11.0:1 as possible. Why? Cause I can and I'll have a ton of meth going in it. Gotta break 300whp or I'll just break down mentally. :nervous::help:

Think thats all. I'll post pictures of everything when I can. I'm going to send Maxbore the TB soon and Stiegemeier the blower around the same time as well. Would have been sooner but a bachelor party (I was best man) drained my funds pretty well.

THANKS everyone. Hope to throw up some vids of it when its done vs my brothers EK (all motor fully built B18 - ran 13.30) :amen:

PS I may change my mind and just sell the EP3 JRSC and buy a RSX setup if the motor continues as it has. LSX stuff I soooo easy to find.

neoamd
04-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Ahhhh ok. Guess I should change the post I made below. Where did you buy the pulley from? Would a 3.0 pulley make ~12psi?

whatsvtec
04-15-2011, 10:54 PM
my vote?
a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using

neoamd
04-15-2011, 11:02 PM
my vote?
a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using

That my vote too man, haha. Also its dependant on how long the blower rebuild takes. Anyone interested in a rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc RC Injectors? ;)

I've done a lot of research on the SC K24s. Its how I picked my setup (mainly the tsx internals vs aftermarket - OEM FTMFW)

Whole thing with this build is I want to be sure I everything is in tip top shape since everything is out of the engine bay AND I want another 90whp :) I know my blower is fine right now but might as well rebuild it since its off anyways type of thing. This car usually is my DD and I want to drive it again. I miss my EP.

AUTiger
04-15-2011, 11:04 PM
i just checked car-part.com and there are complete a4's in pensacola for 499-500. Not bad especially since you plan on using tsx internals. If you don't want the head. Tell johnny to take the exhaust rockers from the a4 head and make a high compression 2.0l vtec killer with my old a3 that had an a1 head if he didn't scrap it already. I never saw the damage to the valve guides, but if they survived he had the makings of a 2.0L beast just sitting around.

neoamd
04-15-2011, 11:25 PM
i just checked car-part.com and there are complete a4's in pensacola for 499-500. Not bad especially since you plan on using tsx internals. If you don't want the head. Tell johnny to take the exhaust rockers from the a4 head and make a high compression 2.0l vtec killer with my old a3 that had an a1 head if he didn't scrap it already. I never saw the damage to the valve guides, but if they survived he had the makings of a 2.0L beast just sitting around.

I really want to stick with the crv motor, I'm just OCD on some things. Plus it's what I told Johnny, although he thinks he is going to have to install the head etc but he will be installing a completed longblock. All the letter + number combos in the honda world gets confusing sometimes..... :juggle:

AH! Glad you posted! I forgot about car-part.com - found two CRV short blocks a short drive away :) Thanks man! I will be heading to check out an RSX JRSC soon thats for sale. Good price too (missing some hardware but that can fixed easy..) :mcool:

neoamd
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Would the 09 TSX internals @ 11.1:1 comp or the pre 09 TSX internals @ 10.5:1 comp be better with the Type S head on the car? What would the final compression be with either setup?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3?

Also since I have yet to hear back on the Lysom AX1600 TS setup I will be going with the RSX JRSC kit. Soon I will be selling a freshly rebuilt JRSC kit with a 3.8 PB Pulley and RC 440cc Injectors for a good price along with a few other goodies for a steal!!!

Help a fellow hatcher out with my compression questions! All the new mods are listed a few posts above this one (or near the end of the 2nd page). :help:

Thanks!!

Josh

lldiesel386ll
04-21-2011, 03:20 AM
a2 tb and a3 tb have the same mounting points--whatever you have works :thumbu:

as a note im not too sure how the 3.8" pulley would do on the clearance end of the headlight support :shrug: i am 100% certain that your hood prop will need to go though

neoamd
04-21-2011, 02:42 PM
a2 tb and a3 tb have the same mounting points--whatever you have works :thumbu:

as a note im not too sure how the 3.8" pulley would do on the clearance end of the headlight support :shrug: i am 100% certain that your hood prop will need to go though

I will be running either the 3.2 or 3.0 pulley for the JRSC so no worries there!

lldiesel386ll
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
ahh...sorry--reading>me :mfrown:

have fun with the build. 1st gear will be rendered useless :thumbu: i believe with the 3.4 i have on i am only at 8psi, and i can lose traction while in 2nd very easily--makes me want taller gears lol

neoamd
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
ahh...sorry--reading>me :mfrown:

have fun with the build. 1st gear will be rendered useless :thumbu: i believe with the 3.4 i have on i am only at 8psi, and i can lose traction while in 2nd very easily--makes me want taller gears lol

Haha sounds good. I'm trying to run 12lbs on the RSX JRSC so I will prob use the 3.0 Pulley. Also I will be going to set up the Jmercado intercooler setup along with the meth. I'm still trying to find a set of good RC 650cc injectors.

For a while the car will be running without a LSD but in mid June I will have a LSD along the TSX 6th gear. Are you still running the EP3 trans?

lldiesel386ll
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
3 would probably be the right way to go. with a pulley that small you should be able to retain the regular hood prop also :mtongue:

i am running the original transmission--it has a tsx 6th and an obx lsd (see sig lol). does me well, although i would still love the taller 4.3 final drives found in the 02-04 rsx's (even better would be the 4.0's found on crsx, but thats neither here nor there :thumbu:)

neoamd
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
3 would probably be the right way to go. with a pulley that small you should be able to retain the regular hood prop also :mtongue:

i am running the original transmission--it has a tsx 6th and an obx lsd (see sig lol). does me well, although i would still love the taller 4.3 final drives found in the 02-04 rsx's (even better would be the 4.0's found on crsx, but thats neither here nor there :thumbu:)

I plan on having the front core support bent a bit so the RSX JRSC will fit and the 3.0 pulley should work fine. I'm hoping I can sell the rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc Inj pretty quick. Holding my breath. We will see.

Also can anyone help me with these questions?

Would the 09 TSX internals @ 11.1:1 comp or the pre 09 TSX internals @ 10.5:1 comp be better with the Type S head on the car? What would the final compression be with either setup?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3? - So someone said I could use the A3 TB but will everything else line up fine (all the lines etc) on the A3 TB fine or would the A2 TB make things easier? I want whatever means the least fab/extra work.

:help: :help: :help: :help:

THANKS

Canuck Civic
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
I plan on having the front core support bent a bit so the RSX JRSC will fit and the 3.0 pulley should work fine. I'm hoping I can sell the rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc Inj pretty quick. Holding my breath. We will see.

Also can anyone help me with these questions?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3? - So someone said I could use the A3 TB but will everything else line up fine (all the lines etc) on the A3 TB fine or would the A2 TB make things easier? I want whatever means the least fab/extra work.

:help: :help: :help: :help:

THANKS

The a3 TB works fine, everything is the same, CAI fits great with it too.

lldiesel386ll
04-22-2011, 03:20 AM
The a3 TB works fine, everything is the same, CAI fits great with it too.

lol...see post #34 :mtongue: not sure about the compression ratio for either of those piston setups though

neoamd
04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
lol...see post #34 :mtongue: not sure about the compression ratio for either of those piston setups though

Yeah I said that the a3 tb question was answered. I just need to know about the compression :(

neoamd
05-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Well no worries now on the internal swapping. I'm just going to stick with the OEM CRV internals. I'm sending the A3 TB off to maxbore along with the JRSC inlet to get it port matched as well. I will be listing the A3 JRSC freshly rebuilt on the forum along with the RC 440's here soon. If it doesn't get nabbed fast I'll just send it back off and have the manifold on it ported as well.

I'm skipping the internals due to time and also since I know the CRV motor will handle it fine and will make me worry free as honda set it up vs another builder. Decided not to take the risk on my DD =)

I do believe I'll break the 300whp mark though. I'm hoping I can move the A3 JRSC so I can pick up the RSX version which I will just aftercool. Works for me...

I gotta have the car running by June since I'll be moving to a new house, haha. Anyone want to buy a badass Laptop? Check the FS section soon!!! hahahahhaha Sold it a few hours after I made this post..

Soon this thread will have pictures.

Josh

neoamd
05-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Well guys I now have an Aftercooler setup that will on its way Monday!

neoamd
05-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Aftercooler setup, Skeletor CP, and some new OEM Floor Mats are IN. Waiting right now to get the EP3 charger back so I can sell it. Its getting a complete rebuild (not just the snout yo) and will have Viton seals and some other improvements. Whoever gets this charger is going to have a JRSC thats a bit better off than a new one :mtongue:

Also now since I have the aftercooler in I must go with the RSX JRSC setup, darn. :mbiggrin:

I'll be purchasing both the 3.0 and 3.2 pulleys and start with the 3.2 then move on to the 3.0 after initial tuning just to get an idea of my boost levels. Also I will be sending the RSX charger out to be completely rebuilt along with getting the internal rotor housing coated + the rotors coated along with Scruffers upgraded main shaft from CRSX just to be sure the blower can deal with ~12lbs of boost as a DD.

Another note is 2 new sensors will be added. One is a coolant temp sensor that will monitor the temp of the water for the aftercooler and second is a T1 Race Development open element IAT sensor which will replace the stock AIT sensor and will be mounted in the JRSC manifold.

Also while the RSX charger is out for its rebuild the RSX manifold setup will be ported by a friend correctly (not just shaving shit down because it'll be bigger). I think he said he'd port to 120 degree angle or something. Not sure but his ported B18 JRSC setup holds the record for power made on a stock B18 (~250whp @ 9lbs).

I'm still considering having the TSX internals thrown in the CRV block since the charger has to be sent out and the manifold will be ported but my wallet is the determining factor on this one.

At this point the only thing I haven't decided on is which TB to run. Either it'll be a maxbore ported stocker (port matched to JRSC inlet) or a HR 70mm with a TB spacer to add some length to keep the added volume of air straight as possible.

The custom intake will be made shortly after the car runs and will pretty much be a straight aluminum pipe with a filer on the end along with a brake duct mounted to feed air to the the filter. The intake will also be wrapped in DEIs heat shield to keep it from heat soaking.

I'm having the K20A2 head I bought checked out and cleaned to be sure it 100% ready to use and will be painting the head & block with Eastwood's Aluma-Blast paint. I could snap some pictures but its just a pile of parts.

I think my initial quest for 300whp will be easy now and hope it'll be around ~330whp. Looking to have it running around the end of June or start of July. Not looking forward to driving around with the stock 5spd with no LSD or TSX 6th :mcry:

The next step is buying a trans and having it built with an LSD, TSX 6th, and either the base rsx 4.3FD or the CRSX 4.0 FD. Also if I go with the TSX internals expect to see me throw my nitrous kit on the car with a ~55 shot and play with some fast cars.

Holy long post batman - this is what happens when you work this late/early and post an update.

**EDIT - also I'll be using FIC 650cc injectors with a Walbro pump.

05 hatch
05-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Your setup is gonna be the ish! Can't wait to see it all done and in action! Im ordering my skeletor cp today for my a3 jrsc, and im pumped. I can't imagine how you feel. Lol. Good luck with the build.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

neoamd
05-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Your setup is gonna be the ish! Can't wait to see it all done and in action! Im ordering my skeletor cp today for my a3 jrsc, and im pumped. I can't imagine how you feel. Lol. Good luck with the build.

I feel good but my wallet has a terminal disease now. I only meant to spend HALF of what I'm spending now BUT the result will be a lot of fun. I'll post pics of all the parts when the car is loaded on the trailer and towed to where all the magic will happen, haha. I've got to install/mount a good bit of things before I take it to the shop.

Maybe once it runs I'll post a video of what it's like with whatever power it makes on an open diff stock trans :caked:

The trans will be started once it runs again and depending on turn around time @ crsx the car will run around diff less for less than 6 weeks.

neoamd
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Well I have spoken with my friend and he is going to port the RSX JRSC manifolds along with port matching the inlet to the Maxbore TB. I'd really like to run the Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB but money won't allow for that unless I give up on the transmission and I refuse too!

The RSX JRSC once purchased will be sent out for a complete rebuild along with the upgraded Viton seals etc. Once the manifolds are done being ported I'm sending them out to have them powder coated to look like chrome. The TB will also be sent out for powder coating as well.

I have all the supplies to paint the motor once the K24A1 has its stock head removed, the A2 head installed, A2 oil pump installed, and either an A2 or Z3 oil pan. Once the motor is together I'll be painting it with Eastwood's Alumna-Blast paint - same for the transmission.

I will also be painting all the accessories to match. All visible bolts on the head (valve cover, coil cover, etc) will be replaced with new shiny bolts. I will prob paint the valve cover Wrinkle Red and paint the coil cover SEM Laudau Black + a Skunk2 oil cap.

With all the below combined parts I'm hoping the car can eventually make 350+whp. Once running I will be replacing all the suspension bushing with the Energy Suspension master kit, going with the A-Spec suspension kit, and a few other bits.

The EP3 blower setup is ready to be sold so I will be listing it when I can. Can anyone think of any other small mods I can do to help extract all the power possible (IE the IMG gasket / k-tuned TB velocity coupler)? I know the velocity coupler prob won't make a big difference with the SC there but I'll take it just for hope of another 1-2whp :werd:

To think all this started just from a drunken mistake and escalated from just using the complete CRV motor with the EP3 blower to where it is now. I have nearly all the parts now except the injectors, fuel pump, RSX JRSC, and one or two other things. I can take pictures of all the parts and plan to take pictures of the motor once it's assembled and painted. When the car is running I'll snap one shot of under the hood - the rest will be videos :mcool:

The "Nearly and Hopefully Completed Mod List":

CRV Shortblock
K20A2 Oil Pump/Pan (May use a Z3 oil pan)
K20A2 Head w VTEC (Stock cams)
RSX JRSC (Manifolds Ported and inlet port match to TB)
RSXtwister's JRSC Aftercooler
3.0 Boost Pulley
08/09 Accord CP (Skeletor Crank Pulley)
FIC 650cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
KRRH/CRSX Race Header
Custom 3" Exhaust
AIS Methanol Kit (Kpro controlled)
Maxbore Ported Throttle Body
K-Tuned Throttle Body Velocity Coupler
Hondata IMG Gasket
Injen 3" CAI (Custom CAI will be made after car is back from shop)
Hondata 4 Bar MAP Sensor
T1R Open Element IAT Sensor (Installed in JRSC manifold after aftercooler, will replace OEM one)
K-Pro
Innovative Motor Mounts
Password JDM Battery Relocation Kit + Odyssey PC680 Drycell Battery
EM2 Front Sway Bar
EP3 5spd Trans w/ TSX 6th gear, LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive (I'm most excited over this oddly enough)
AEM Methanol Injection Monitor (Thanks 04Ep3Hatch!!!)

[B]Thanks for reading and I look forward to entertaining you all with some videos. Also would be nice to meet some of you all at an event or Honda gathering.

04EP3Hatch
06-10-2011, 04:10 AM
sounds like your going to have one fun car on your hands! IM curious though as to why the use of a methanol kit if you have an aftercooler? i'd be afraid of the core impeeding the flow to all four cylinders equally

neoamd
06-10-2011, 04:48 AM
sounds like your going to have one fun car on your hands! IM curious though as to why the use of a methanol kit if you have an aftercooler? i'd be afraid of the core impeeding the flow to all four cylinders equally

The reason is additional cooling. Check CRSX - alot of guys run both. It seems like the recipe for getting 330+whp. I will buying a transmission soon so the car will run again with a nice trans to back it up (EP3 trans - TSX 6th, Quaife LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive).

Nah, the core wont really impede flow as it'll be atomizing in the blower as its compressed. I'm looking forward to have a GOOD IAT sensor installed in the manifold after the aftercooler to see what temps I'm getting with and without methanol. Also I'm considering getting the RSX M62s rotors and rotor housing coated with special coating, not sure of all the specifics but it fills in gaps etc and cuts down on friction in the blower, which alot of Cobra guys use with good success.

Plus the whole point of this build is to be sure everything is as "new" as possible since I want her to be reliable. Just wish parts I don't need yet would stop popping up for sale =P

How's your cars setup doing?

05 hatch
06-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Can't wait for the final result on this. Sounds like a fun car indeed. Are you going to be taking some detailed pics of the install and setup?

neoamd
06-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Can't wait for the final result on this. Sounds like a fun car indeed. Are you going to be taking some detailed pics of the install and setup?

I'm having a shop do the install. I will be taking pictures of the parts, some parts as I install them before I bring the car to the shop (mount heat exchanger, install walbro FP, mount meth tank/pump, lines, and also wire the meth kit to the Kpro along with the low level light/arming switch/LED showing its on).

I also plan to take pictures of prepping the motor - removing CRV head, oil pan, mechanical pump - installing the a2 oil pump, chain, guides, pan, head, etc. Also will take pictures when the long block is mostly together (minus accessories) before and after I clean it then paint it. I'm also going to clean the trans and paint it when it comes back CRSX with the final drive installed etc.

I'm excited myself. If the car runs the 3.0 pulley fine @ 11-12lbs of boost I may swap to the 2.8 pulley and go 14-15lbs of boost to try and get over 350whp. Since I'll have the trans going in the same time as the motor vs before I was planning on doing it after but found a great deal on a trans that I can't pass up.

I'm going to buy a set of 17x8 wheels, roll my fenders, and run atleast a 225 tire to aid in traction. I really just care about my ET at the track so if it can trap 115mph I'll be very happy since I'll be confident to play around with the loads of autotragic C6s rolling around town :mangel:

Anything in particular you want to me to document well? I may do a DIY on installing the aftercooler setup. Let me know what you want to see and I'll snap some pics.

05 hatch
06-10-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm having a shop do the install. I will be taking pictures of the parts, some parts as I install them before I bring the car to the shop (mount heat exchanger, install walbro FP, mount meth tank/pump, lines, and also wire the meth kit to the Kpro along with the low level light/arming switch/LED showing its on).

I also plan to take pictures of prepping the motor - removing CRV head, oil pan, mechanical pump - installing the a2 oil pump, chain, guides, pan, head, etc. Also will take pictures when the long block is mostly together (minus accessories) before and after I clean it then paint it. I'm also going to clean the trans and paint it when it comes back CRSX with the final drive installed etc.

I'm excited myself. If the car runs the 3.0 pulley fine @ 11-12lbs of boost I may swap to the 2.8 pulley and go 14-15lbs of boost to try and get over 350whp. Since I'll have the trans going in the same time as the motor vs before I was planning on doing it after but found a great deal on a trans that I can't pass up.

I'm going to buy a set of 17x8 wheels, roll my fenders, and run atleast a 225 tire to aid in traction. I really just care about my ET at the track so if it can trap 115mph I'll be very happy since I'll be confident to play around with the loads of autotragic C6s rolling around town :mangel:

Anything in particular you want to me to document well? I may do a DIY on installing the aftercooler setup. Let me know what you want to see and I'll snap some pics.

Document? Everything, haha. Just very interested in your build. A DIY on the aftercooler setup would be sick. Im installing my water/meth kit and skeletor pulley this week. Should be fun. But I'd like to do something like your setup in the future so anything to inspire or motivate me. Ill be subscribing to your thread too, keep up the good work.

neoamd
06-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Document? Everything, haha. Just very interested in your build. A DIY on the aftercooler setup would be sick. Im installing my water/meth kit and skeletor pulley this week. Should be fun. But I'd like to do something like your setup in the future so anything to inspire or motivate me. Ill be subscribing to your thread too, keep up the good work.

Ah I gotcha. Well hopefully the numbers will motivate you enough :)

Really the good stuff comes once its running. I have a couple quick cars I can run it against to get an idea of traps before I head to the track.

Ba82Ep3
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I look forward to runnin this setup once you're done. : )

04EP3Hatch
06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
The reason is additional cooling. Check CRSX - alot of guys run both. It seems like the recipe for getting 330+whp. I will buying a transmission soon so the car will run again with a nice trans to back it up (EP3 trans - TSX 6th, Quaife LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive).

Nah, the core wont really impede flow as it'll be atomizing in the blower as its compressed. I'm looking forward to have a GOOD IAT sensor installed in the manifold after the aftercooler to see what temps I'm getting with and without methanol. Also I'm considering getting the RSX M62s rotors and rotor housing coated with special coating, not sure of all the specifics but it fills in gaps etc and cuts down on friction in the blower, which alot of Cobra guys use with good success.

Plus the whole point of this build is to be sure everything is as "new" as possible since I want her to be reliable. Just wish parts I don't need yet would stop popping up for sale =P

How's your cars setup doing?

thats a good point i never thought of, the blower definately does a good job of distributing that stuff. and yea i was looking into that coating as well, i beleive the main benefit was it reduces heat transfer into the rotors thus reducing IAT's, it also tightens up the already tight (.003) rotor to rotor clearance, so you will see a little more psi, overall that thing is gonna be tits on the road, and my car is doing pretty good! just waiting to not get lazy and install my new meth tank/pump setup and a mucho bigger nozzle, also doing a custom mix of methanol and an AEM flow gauge so i can finally monitor myself and get real aggressive with the tuning, i might go to a 3.7 pulley if im daring but i dont know man, i dont know how far i can take this A3. i mean it is lasting very well right now. no oil consumption/noises and im clipping just over 11psi so the 3.7 might net me an even 12. Im also EXTREMELY considering sending the blower out to Steighmeir and having the blower redone, ive seen them do my buddys CT blower on his FG and they matched the throttle body to the inlet, ported in the inlet, and ported the rotorpack inlet and redid the whole housing and his car was beeeastly ive never heard a whine like that from such a small blower

neoamd
06-12-2011, 03:52 AM
thats a good point i never thought of, the blower definately does a good job of distributing that stuff. and yea i was looking into that coating as well, i beleive the main benefit was it reduces heat transfer into the rotors thus reducing IAT's, it also tightens up the already tight (.003) rotor to rotor clearance, so you will see a little more psi, overall that thing is gonna be tits on the road, and my car is doing pretty good! just waiting to not get lazy and install my new meth tank/pump setup and a mucho bigger nozzle, also doing a custom mix of methanol and an AEM flow gauge so i can finally monitor myself and get real aggressive with the tuning, i might go to a 3.7 pulley if im daring but i dont know man, i dont know how far i can take this A3. i mean it is lasting very well right now. no oil consumption/noises and im clipping just over 11psi so the 3.7 might net me an even 12. Im also EXTREMELY considering sending the blower out to Steighmeir and having the blower redone, ive seen them do my buddys CT blower on his FG and they matched the throttle body to the inlet, ported in the inlet, and ported the rotorpack inlet and redid the whole housing and his car was beeeastly ive never heard a whine like that from such a small blower

Yeah your correct about the coating giving tighter tolerances. Another thing it does is allow the air to flow smoother (IE less turbulence) and the rotor housing coating does the same but reduces metal to metal heat transfer. Could you give me a link to the AEM flow gauge your talking about?

Def send your blower out for the porting along with a Maxbore TB with the 3.7 pulley I bet you could hit 300whp with ease and still have it reliable.

LMK if you have any questions. I'm hoping that with all the stuff being done to the blower, the porting of the manifold, sc inlet, along with a Maxbore TB with the K-Tuned TB velocity coupler and eventually the custom intake which I will upgrade to Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB. I'm hoping it makes 330whp with ease. Then it's time for me to go with the 2.8 pulley (~15lbs) and try to get past 350whp. If the car can trap @ 115mph + I will be ecstatic!!

04EP3Hatch
06-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Yeah your correct about the coating giving tighter tolerances. Another thing it does is allow the air to flow smoother (IE less turbulence) and the rotor housing coating does the same but reduces metal to metal heat transfer. Could you give me a link to the AEM flow gauge your talking about?

Def send your blower out for the porting along with a Maxbore TB with the 3.7 pulley I bet you could hit 300whp with ease and still have it reliable.

LMK if you have any questions. I'm hoping that with all the stuff being done to the blower, the porting of the manifold, sc inlet, along with a Maxbore TB with the K-Tuned TB velocity coupler and eventually the custom intake which I will upgrade to Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB. I'm hoping it makes 330whp with ease. Then it's time for me to go with the 2.8 pulley (~15lbs) and try to get past 350whp. If the car can trap @ 115mph + I will be ecstatic!!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges-26/water-methanol-injection-monitor-56/

i want to have my blower done so bad its not even funny, its an older supercharger so it will definately benefit from a good rebuild and a full port, and search around on CRSX about the bigger throttle bodies, apparently with the M62 there is no beneficial need for such a big throttle body as the area of the opening entering the rotor pack is equaled out by just doing a maxbore! money saved!

neoamd
06-13-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges-26/water-methanol-injection-monitor-56/

i want to have my blower done so bad its not even funny, its an older supercharger so it will definately benefit from a good rebuild and a full port, and search around on CRSX about the bigger throttle bodies, apparently with the M62 there is no beneficial need for such a big throttle body as the area of the opening entering the rotor pack is equaled out by just doing a maxbore! money saved!

Wow man right as I though I was done spending money ROFL

Thanks for the link, I'm picking one up as well.

Your wrong sir! Bigger TBs are better than smaller ones but the problem is the JRSC inlet. If you run a P2R spacer between the SC Inlet and the TB you have enough room to run a 70mm. This is assuming the blower manifold, inlet, etc is ported. I will be running the Macbore TB and one day either the 70mm Hybrid Racing or 74mm Hybrid Racing TB one I have a custom inlet fabricated or if Scruffers finishes his.

You should send your blower out for a full rebuilt along with getting the Rotor Coating and Thermal Barrier Coating for the Rotor Housing! PM me and I'll give you more information.

neoamd
08-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Big update and some pretty pictures coming in 4-6 weeks :mcool:

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Subscribed, in for info

neoamd
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Well guys everything is coming along well. I'll have pictures of the motor fully assembled soon along with some pictures of my battery relocation + my trunk mounted meth setup. I'm considering doing a DIY for reloating the batter to the trunk and how to install the meth system in the trunk along with how to wire it and having clearly labeled pictures.

So much fun stuff coming soon! Also I'm send my aftercooler core out to Jose so he can upgrade it from a 6 core to a 10 core :mangel:

The car should make 330whp @ 12psi I'm betting. I'll be shooting for 370whp when I bump it up to 15psi (HR 74mm TB, Custom 4" CAI, Custom Hytech Big Biy Header w/ 3" outlet, and custom 3" exhaust).

For now I'll be running a semi custom CAI with a MaxBore TB. I'm waiting on having the custom SC inlet made due to time so I'm just having the RSX JRSC inlet ported and a P2R TB spacer welded on it to give the air a smoother path to the blower. A few other ninja mods are being done as well. I'll be sure to update on the motor is assembled since it'll be painted before pics are posted! SOON!!

Also I will have a K24A1 head for sale complete that only has 24K original miles on it!

Thanks,

Josh

neoamd
10-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Pictures coming SOON!!!!!!

I'm waiting on a K20A2 water pump since I have the A2 oil cooler installed. I would post pictures now but I'm going to wait until I have the motor painted, the S/C clear coated, and when I get back my valve cover + s/c manifold + s/c inlet back from powder coating.

I had the VC done Wrinkle Red and the S/C mani + inlet done in a metallic black type color that will match the HR 74mm TB :)

I went with powder coating over painting because for the example the wrinkle red finish done by powder coating is much more durable, looks better, and is much easier to keep clean since I won't have to worry about scratching/rubbing the wrinkles down or off when I clean it. Things should look clean under my hood now.

I was lucky enough to find and buy a Comptech CF S/C cover. It has the Comptech sticker on it but I will be using Goo Gone to remove the sticker and then I will just polish it up and use some special fastners/nuts/bolts for a clean install (they will be black).

I will be sending my Kpro off to Hondata to have it upgraded to the Kpro 3 (http://www.hondata.com/kpro_v3.html) which has the following enhancements over the standard Kpro:

Twice the on board datalogging memory
Three times the programming speed
8 additional analog inputs for datalogging. Comes with fly lead
Anti-theft security enhancements
On board calibration storage

Going with the Kpro3 will be nice since I will be using Magnesium Tuning (E-tuning) to have the car tuned. The way I'm going to have him tune it is I will load the base map he sends based on the car modifications. Then I will drive it home slowly, haha. Once I'm back I'll be renting the local dyno for 2 hours and then tethering my phone to my laptop so I can do the datalogs in the same constant conditions then I will e-mail him the logs. He gets the logs and then sends me a modified tune based off the logs. After this point I just repeat the process until my dyno time is up.

I will have the tuned first ONLY on the aftercooler. Once I'm fairly confident (along with Mr. Mag) that its tuned out well we will start on tuning for the methanol.

My methanol setup has changed and I now have the AIS 3 gallon competition tank with SS lines. I will be running a dual nozzle setup as well. We will be starting running 2x7GPH nozzles and depending on how that works out I will swap one of the 7GPH nozzles for a 10GPH one for a total of 17GPH. Both nozzle will be spraying at the same time and are using the Kpros N20 1 output. I was considering wiring the 2nd nozzle up to the 2nd N20 output but decided against it since I will eventually install a dry N20 kit I have laying around paired with a 35 shot.

Nothing crazy but enough for a 40-50whp/60-80wtq gain which should help me net ~120mph traps.

Once the car is running I will be having the exhaust system redone from scratch. The new setup will use an ASP big boy header to an SS 3 inch exhaust using the Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet Resonator and Street Power Flat Black Muffler but this time everything will be attached with V Band clamps. I'll be buying 5 or 6 complete V Band clamps from Vibrant Performance. An A-Spec suspension kit will be installed along with the exhaust and maybe I'll install the ES master bushing set + the PCI LCA spherical bushings. Zerkers will be installed in the control arms where the bushing are so I can easily keep them greased.

Right now I'm attempting to install my Odyssey PC 680 battery under the passenger headlight along with building a new charge harness using 0 and 4 gauge high grade wire with a nice distribution block. If I can get the battery installed I will be posting a DIY since I've been taking pictures as I go along.

Before I swap to the 2.8 pulley for 15psi on the S/C I will be adding a return line and a few other things just to ensure the fuel system is happy. I'm considering pulling out the Walbro 255lph and buying the new pump Aeromotive came out with - an intank 340lph. I'd just like to know if anyone else has installed one and if was as easy as the Walbro install. I replaced my fuel filter when I did the Walbro install as well.

Once again I've written a short novel but things are getting close and I'm excited. I'm hoping the car will see 330whp @ 12psi on the methanol with the aftercooler, ported s/c inlet, maxbore tb, rsx injen CAI, and the KRRH + 3 inch exhaust.

Once the new exhasut setup has been done I will buy the HR 74mm TB, a K-Tuned Billet TPS, a custom JRSC inlet, and have a custom 4 inch sealed box CAI made. Only then will I swap the 3.0 pulley to the 2.8 and have the retuned. I will have it retuned while its @ 12psi after the new exhaust + new intake setup go on - then I will swap the pulley and retune. Doing it this way ensure I have a solid base tune for the extra boost and the fuel return line, fpr, etc will make the tuning easier since the fuel conditions will be stable.

After all the above is done a 35 shot will be added if the car doesn't make over 350whp. The suspension will be totally refreshed along with the addition of the Wilwood Dynalite BBK, a set of 17x7.5s, and some Dunlop Drizzea Star Specs in 235/40/17 :mangel:

I'll be posting pictures of how I installed various parts/systems (IE methanol), the motor once its painted + cleared, and the SC/ setup when I get the parts back from the powder coater. Are there any Honda meets happening late this year or early next year? I'd love to see how others have their cars setup along with going for a few rides!

Cheers!

neoamd
10-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Well some changes and some progress have been made.

I'm picking up a PLX Wideband with guage and will wire it in to the K-Pro.

I am mailing out my K-Pro to have it upgraded to Version 3.

I'm going to skip on the MaxBore TB and buy the HR 74mm TB instead.

I will be replicating this custom plenum to match with the HR 74mm TB (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=776680)

I'm speaking with ASP about their header and asking if they can get it Jet-Hot 2500 Extreme Coated

I will be using 2 sound/vibration dampening products on the hatch, under the rear seats, rear quarters, under the hood and the doors. All plastic trim pieces around these areas will have the back of them covered in Boom Matts Spray and will have a little bit of a special silicone sealant on the edges to keep them from vibrating. Also if I have time I will pull the old motor and the trans out so I can clean the engine bay (repaint some areas, fill in holes, sound and thermal protect the firewall).

The battery is nearly (I hope) done being relocated underneath the passenger headlight along with a new custom charge harness.

The headliner is coming out and will be dyed black to match the rest of the interior along with the A pillars getting painted to match as well.

Instead of using Eastwood Alumna-Blast Paint I did some searching and decided to use VHT Engine Enamel (550 Degree Rated) and will be painting the motor and transmission in the "Universal Aluminum" color along with clear coating both. Also I will clear coat the M62.

My new Methanol tank, full SS lines, and dual nozzle setup has arrived from AIS! It will be one of the last items I install as all the wiring for the meth system -> K-Pro has already been done.

I'm considering making a few DIYs on the items above as I've documented most of the stuff I've done so far. If anyone has any specific requests tell me now or forever hold your peace :mcool:

neoamd
11-27-2011, 12:48 AM
New info and pictures soon. Motor is assembled. My interior has been redone (plastics are all black along with the a pillars, headliner was done in black alcantara, ETC). Motor will be painted and cleared soon while I wait on other parts to get back from powder coating, from porting, and from a super rebuild among other things.

I will be listing a MINT K24A1 Complete head FS soon. Its sooooo clean (better be for only having ~27K miles on it!!)

AHHH and I will be using either ASPs Big Boy header or HyTech Version to match my 3 inch exhaust and which ever header I purchase will be Jet Hot coated.

Sounds dampening will come later but the headliner and the door panels and getting the Alcantara treatment. For Dampening I will use a liquid based product first, then a mat product, and then one other product. Once the dampening is done I will be redoing my entire audio setup while adding some nice seats and a harness bar with 4pts.

Ba82Ep3
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Can we get some kinda pix? This is like reading a picless love novel... instead of watching a porn flick. LOL

neoamd
11-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Can we get some kinda pix? This is like reading a picless love novel... instead of watching a porn flick. LOL

hahah I'll post some of the motor assembly. Most fo the SC parts are out at different shops for rebuilding, porting, etc.

Also a few other parts are out for powder coating. It's raining alot today so I have to put off painting the motor for now. Don't worry pictures are coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish someone would make a nice custom JRSC inlet. I'll be running a heavily ported and modified stock inlet so I can run the HR 74mm TB for now. I may have a custom inlet made by a friend who a big time fabricator and engineer. If his design does well over the heavily modified stock inlet I may have him make extra depending on demand. I'm aiming for 350-370whp now without N20.

Once I get my headliner and door panels back from having them covered in Alcantara I'll post some pictures of them too.

I see your Mobile, AL! I will going down to Pensacola, FL once the car is done and running ~15psi and would love to meet up and give you a ride plus let you check out all the work I've done interior wise. I'm working on buying a AP1 S2K cluster which will have a red/white LED conversion done to it so it can replace my stock cluster. Also I need to decide on a Wideband which will mount on the steering column and will wired in to the Kpro V3 for data logging purposes.

During the Christmas holidays I will be removing most of the interior so I can add 3-4 coats of Lizard Skin (or some other liquid sound dampener) then I'll add one layer of Damplifier Pro on top of the dried and cured liquid coating before I redo my entire audio setup.

Don't worry! I want to post pictures that show all the blood, sweat, and tears that have went into this build! I'm hoping I can get my car featured some where since everything will be super clean etc.

I need to find a complete 5 lug swap so I can run a wider set of wheels (17x8) along with HOPEFULLY some 245s on all 4 corners. Other wise I'll just pick up a set of ROTA Fighter 10's in Royal Bronze 17x7.5 with 235/40/17s. Plus I need some DEPO projectors so I can do the TSX retrofit as well but that will come after the motor, trans, and wheels are done at the very least.

neoamd
11-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Well we had rain all day today so I didn't get any work done on the car. Hopefully things are better tomorrow and I'll snap a few pictures.

lldiesel386ll
11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I wish someone would make a nice custom JRSC inlet. I'll be running a heavily ported and modified stock inlet so I can run the HR 74mm TB for now. I may have a custom inlet made by a friend who a big time fabricator and engineer. If his design does well over the heavily modified stock inlet I may have him make extra depending on demand. I'm aiming for 350-370whp now without N20.

Once I get my headliner and door panels back from having them covered in Alcantara I'll post some pictures of them too.

hmm...really...
consider my interest piqued again :thumbu:
the jerry rigged adapter setup i have on mine is starting to get to me, and why replace with the same when you can upgrade lol

mitchlikesbikes
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Pics!

neoamd
01-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Update coming soon! Had to order a few more bolts and also a rear main seal (it was fine but just wanted to replace it anyways). Once I get these new parts the motor will be finished.

I'll be pulling the KRRH/CRSX RH off tomorrow and will be sending it out for Swaintech coating and then I will be wrapping it in the DEI Ti Header wrap along with half of the exhaust (once wrapped I'll be spraying the DEI Heat Insulating Paint to keep the water/etc out).

I'm having the company the did my blower rebuild port the RSX JRSC manifold runners (runner 2-4 were cleaned up and runner 1 was ported out to get it within ~10-15cfm of the others).

Looking forward to adding all the pics I've taken of the build!

neoamd
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Blower is rebuilt. Waiting on the JRSC inlet and P2R TB Spacer to get fully ported (74.5mm). Also Jmerc will be getting my aftercooler core and the RSX JRSC mani to do a custom aftercooler setup (much larger core) along with porting the runners on the mani to even out the flow between them that way runner 1 isn't behind 35-40CFM vs 2-3-4. After porting they should all be within 10-15CFM of each other.

I'm almost done stripping the Hatch, rear panels around the rear seats, front door panels, hood, and the firewall which will all get some Eastwood Sound Dampener (Firewall and Hood will get some of DEIs thermo acoustic barriers). I'm giving my brother all 3 of my amps, 4 component speakers + 2 tweeters, and a 10' sub for a late Christmas and will be replacing them with nicer speakers, sub, tweeters, and amps (IDQ3 I believe for the sub, Alpine Type R front/Rear Comps, new headunit, and 2 Alpine Amps to power it all.

Does anyone know if you can fit 17x8 on all 4 corners with 235s on an EP3? 4 Lug and the fenders will be rolled as well. Suspension will be all new bushing (ES) with spherical LCA bushings, EM2 Front Sway, Progress Rear Sway w/ Tie Bar and then the A-Spec strut+spring setup.

I had to order some extra bolts to finish the motor build but will have them this week and the motor will be done this upcoming Saturday or Sunday. I'll be posting pictures of it after its been cleaned, primed, painted, then cleared. Also the Tranny will have the same done to it. The JRSC Manifold and Inlet will also be painted/cleared so they are easy to clean + look good.

Too bad no one lives near Montgomery, AL because I could use some help on a few things -- just would make things go quicker.

Cheers,

Josh

Ba82Ep3
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Im not too far... Mobile here.

neoamd
01-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Im not too far... Mobile here.

Well if you ever head to Montgomery PM me because there are some things I could help on. Some things are easier with 2 people!

Josh

Ba82Ep3
01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Just put together a weekend you wanna complete something... i can head up that way and bring needed tools and what not. Or head this way, ive got a decent garage with hoist and MOST tools. Just LMK. I look forward to road trips... its time for VTEC. : P

neoamd
01-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Just put together a weekend you wanna complete something... i can head up that way and bring needed tools and what not. Or head this way, ive got a decent garage with hoist and MOST tools. Just LMK. I look forward to road trips... its time for VTEC. : P

Thanks, will do. I'll let you know for sure. When I have the swap done I won't have the meth hooked up so I could drop by to finish its install. I just want to be sure the tune I have done by MagTuning is spot on just on the aftercooler. After that I'll have it tuned on the Meth. I don't think I'll be running a 2.8" Pulley on my setup since the 08/09 Accord CP and 3.0" BP should net me 11-12psi = ~350whp with the car.

I'm glad I'm having the trans reworked with TSX 6th, LSD, and carbon syncros. I'll be running MOTUL fluid in the trans and with their 300v 5w30 oil. Is it possible to fit 17x8s on all 4 corners with 235s if the fenders are rolled? I plan on running the A-SPEC suspension but I'm not sure it would give the clearance needed unlike some thinner coils.

neoamd
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM

Ah I forgot to say amen on the road trips. Are you done with your current build? Looks sick.

When it runs we can play on the interstate =P

neoamd
01-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Is it possible to fit 17x8s on all 4 corners with 235s OR 245s if the fenders are rolled? I plan on running the A-SPEC suspension but I'm not sure it would give the clearance needed unlike some thinner coils.

neoamd
04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm back from the dead. My health has been holding me back from moving forward on the car. The motor is assembled. I'm waiting for a few items that deal with the JRSC. Also I had my JRSC fully rebuilt, s/c ported, manifold cleaned up, and a few other things. Once I get the last few parts in it will be game on.

I'm aiming for 330whp minimum on the aftercooler and 350whp min with the meth + aftercooler. I have 35 shot and 55 shot jets as well for the N20 kit I have - hoping the 35 shot can break the 400whp barrier and life the WTQ to ~350+. Only time will tell since I have a few local scores to settle.

I was planning on sticking with the 4 lug but due to massive lack of 8 inch wide wheels I'll be looking for a 5 lug conversion, with better brakes on all 4 corners, and of course much more tire. I'll take a picture of the mass of parts I have, haha.

I'll be posting a For Sale thread soon with parts that I no longer need for this build and I'll be pricing everything quite low so I can clear some space to make working on the car easier.

Cheers!

neoamd
04-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Well my first of two FS threads has been posted!! Check it out: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?68613-FS-Injen-SP1576-CAI-w-Upgrades-K-Tuned-TB-Velocity-Coupler-Neuspeed-SS-Adapter-ETC

DericSh
04-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Pulley boys website says that the civic si pulleys are only available in 3.7.. Is this true? What's different about the rsx blower?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

neoamd
04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Pulley boys website says that the civic si pulleys are only available in 3.7.. Is this true? What's different about the rsx blower?

I'm running the RSX JRSC setup not the EP3 JRSC. That's how I'm able to run the aftercooler!

If you need any spare EP3 JRSC parts LMK since I have a ton, haha

DericSh
04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Ill let u know. Does the 3.2 rsx pulley fit the ep3 blower?

neoamd
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Ill let u know. Does the 3.2 rsx pulley fit the ep3 blower?

I'm not sure. Call and ask the guys @ PulleyBoys.com

DericSh
04-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I called and he said they all mount the same but didn't know why exactly their website says that. He assumed because the blower would be inefficient with that small of a pulley which i assume means with a the amount of boost that pulley would make on a stock motor not a k24

PAPITUYO326
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
It will fit. I've used EP pulleys on RSX JRSCs. They are identical kits outside of the manifold and some doodads to adapt to the blower position and the power steering on the rsx.

sir_2002
04-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm running the RSX JRSC setup not the EP3 JRSC. That's how I'm able to run the aftercooler!

If you need any spare EP3 JRSC parts LMK since I have a ton, haha

Could you post a pick of your bay with the rsx blower in ur ep3 ?

My rsx jrsc for my ep is ordered just wanted to know how it will look !

neoamd
07-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Could you post a pick of your bay with the rsx blower in ur ep3 ?

My rsx jrsc for my ep is ordered just wanted to know how it will look !

My plans may have shifted and I'm real close to going with MP90x setup and then I'll have Jmerc build a custom giant aftercooler for it.. If the next works out the Twin Screw because a solid option, haha

^^Scratch the above. I'm so deep in this already I might as well try and break 400whp with the M62.

Ba82Ep3
07-02-2012, 01:03 AM
STILL no pix?

neoamd
07-02-2012, 01:23 AM
STILL no pix?

Been busy the past 6 weeks. I've taken 5 Microsoft Cert tests in the past 6 weeks - passed them all. The next two upcoming Saturdays I'll be taking the last two MS tests and the end result will be 3 MCITPs! Then I'll take a 3-4 week break to finish the car and get it running before starting in on 5 more certs :)

Once I finish 2 of the other 5 I shouldn't have any trouble getting a new job with a minimum 33% pay raise, normal hours, no overtime required, and many other benefits! Well worth putting the car off to advance my career. Plus with the new job it will mean I'll be picking up a bare K24 short block to have fully built (11.5:1 comp min) along with getting another A2 head so it can be ported/upgraded. Then it will be time for a twin screw.

When my EP is finished and I put the first 500 miles on it I'll have to retorque the ARP head studs and I will pulling the A2 cams and replacing them with a special set by SVM (nikos on K20a.org runs it). It will be a special set of S/C spec'd cams. If I can break 400whp with the M62 I will troll the shit out of ClubRSX and all the people who said it wasn't possible - of course I'll be sure to do so with class! Plus doing it with the CRV stock bottom end and stock A2 head will make it even sweeter :evil::nod:

Also I will share every modification etc done for my car results in hopes it will encourage some one to try to catch up or beat me :peep:

I hope this explained the delays well. Cheers gents!

neoamd
07-02-2012, 01:26 AM
STILL no pix?

I'll snap a few of the motor tomorrow if I have time before work to head out to my friends shop.

differentK
07-02-2012, 05:47 AM
you have any specs on the S/C SVM cams? I saw on their website that they were under construction- are you testing them out or are they in production?

neoamd
07-02-2012, 06:22 AM
you have any specs on the S/C SVM cams? I saw on their website that they were under construction- are you testing them out or are they in production?

No I don't know the cam profile info on the S/C version of the Stage 212 cam. I do hope to be the first person to test it though. I have seen the results from his N/A cams and they blow the doors of all other after cams. Nikos has done his R&D and understands how these motors breathe. Plus they actually design and manufacture their cams in house unlike most other companies who out source which mean a lot of them are using the same cores.

Most of all though what company is confident enough in their cams that they will take the cams back within 30 days of them being received after they have been installed! Like Nikos said "If we cannot guarantee satisfaction which really means unparalleled performance, there is no need for more hacks. There are plenty out there."

Considering the dynos being posted (many different setups - all n/a so far) and the results that have been achieved SVM is shaping up to be THE one stop shop if your serious about getting the most from what ever setup your running.

I do believe they are production.

differentK
07-02-2012, 06:42 AM
I have been following the build up of SVM on K20a for a while now- id be really interested to see what the S/C spec'd cams can do in my JRSC k24 with meth.

neoamd
07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I have been following the build up of SVM on K20a for a while now- id be really interested to see what the S/C spec'd cams can do in my JRSC k24 with meth.

What other supporting mods do you have? You PM me the list if you'd prefer to vs posting it. I'll send you mine in return - I don;t have ~15K worth of parts for no reason, hahaha. When all is done it'll be closer to 18-19K in parts alone... funny thing is I still have a stock bottom end and head (for now but only the cams will be swapped).

02_epdriver
07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Would these SVM cams work with a BC valve train and ferrea rockers? I'd be curious if they work since I havent gone ahead yet and purchased any cams yet.

differentK
07-02-2012, 07:42 AM
What other supporting mods do you have? You PM me the list if you'd prefer to vs posting it. I'll send you mine in return - I don;t have ~15K worth of parts for no reason, hahaha. When all is done it'll be closer to 18-19K in parts alone... funny thing is I still have a stock bottom end and head (for now but only the cams will be swapped).

no worries- i can give a general run down. you have me beat- i am probably closer to 7k in the hole.
04 k24a2 swap- 38miles total when purchased
-50deg VTC
-type s oil pump
EP JRSC- 3in pulley
AIS 3 gal meth inject kit- single 14 gph nozzle
AEM type- S 3in CAI
PLM/ kiddracing RH
custom 2.5in exhaust- kteller piping/ vibrant stealth muffler
ID 725cc injectors/ Deatchewerks 265lph fuel pump

made 326whp/ 243ftlb @9psi two weeks ago during the heat wave. 90+ deg heat and 70+% humidity were killer.

neoamd
07-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Would these SVM cams work with a BC valve train and ferrea rockers? I'd be curious if they work since I havent gone ahead yet and purchased any cams yet.

Make a post in this thread: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100868

neoamd
07-02-2012, 07:51 AM
no worries- i can give a general run down. you have me beat- i am probably closer to 7k in the hole.
04 k24a2 swap- 38miles total when purchased
-50deg VTC
-type s oil pump
EP JRSC- 3in pulley
AIS 3 gal meth inject kit- single 14 gph nozzle
AEM type- S 3in CAI
PLM/ kiddracing RH
custom 2.5in exhaust- kteller piping/ vibrant stealth muffler
ID 725cc injectors/ Deatchewerks 265lph fuel pump

made 326whp/ 243ftlb @9psi two weeks ago during the heat wave. 90+ deg heat and 70+% humidity were killer.

Def get the RSX JRSC Manifold, Mercracing.nets High Flow Inlet, HR 74mm TB, 4 inch CAI, and a full 3 inch exhaust. Your missing out on so much power!!

Nice number though and I bet the car is a blast. I am glad that I'll never have to deal with heat soaking the blower again :)

differentK
07-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Def get the RSX JRSC Manifold, Mercracing.nets High Flow Inlet, HR 74mm TB, 4 inch CAI, and a full 3 inch exhaust. Your missing out on so much power!!

Nice number though and I bet the car is a blast. I am glad that I'll never have to deal with heat soaking the blower again :)

i went with the EP JRSC for ease of install- i didnt want to hack my rad support to all hell at the time. if i were to look at the RSX manifold- it would only be for a M90px blower upgrade with an aftercooler. in all honesty- the power is almost perfect for what i want it for (autox, road racing, mountain twisties)... if my ambitions start to grow- im probably just going to get a CTD fab turbo setup

02_epdriver
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Make a post in this thread: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100868

I will do that thanks.

neoamd
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
i went with the EP JRSC for ease of install- i didnt want to hack my rad support to all hell at the time. if i were to look at the RSX manifold- it would only be for a M90px blower upgrade with an aftercooler. in all honesty- the power is almost perfect for what i want it for (autox, road racing, mountain twisties)... if my ambitions start to grow- im probably just going to get a CTD fab turbo setup

You don't have to do any hacking :) Trust me, haha.

I will either go with the M90 or the TS once I crush the M62 record. Though before upgrading the S/C I'll be building a fully forged high comp K24 and upgrading my A2 head to beat what ever numbers my car laid down with stock bottom end :)

Canuck Civic
07-02-2012, 11:15 AM
You don't have to do any hacking :) Trust me, haha.

I will either go with the M90 or the TS once I crush the M62 record. Though before upgrading the S/C I'll be building a fully forged high comp K24 and upgrading my A2 head to beat what ever numbers my car laid down with stock bottom end :)

It seems a TS would be damn close to the rad support if not having to remove it altogether.

Anybody have the TS on an EP3 yet?

neoamd
07-03-2012, 04:08 PM
It seems a TS would be damn close to the rad support if not having to remove it altogether.

Anybody have the TS on an EP3 yet?

I think there is one guy running one and I'm sure JMercado knows him, haha.

neoamd
07-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Here are some teaser pics gents!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/neoamd/Motortop.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/neoamd/MotortSide1.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/neoamd/MotortSide2.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/neoamd/MotorFront.jpg

neoamd
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
More pics soon of the A2 Water Pump, VTEC Solenoid, Interior Plastics, and an entire aftercooler setup which has been cleaned/polished/etc to sell because who wants to install something dirty in their engine bay?

The VTEC Solenoid is nearly done and looks like a mirrior. I'm considering painting it the same color as the motor and clearing it since it'll be easier to keep clean. I'm waiting for a more parts so I'll be posting pics when I remember.

Once the new motor is installed and the tune is semisolid I'll be removing almost the entire stock fuel system in favor of coated ss lines, nice rail, fpr, fuel press guage and adding secondary fuel filter (a small one) + a bosch inline FP to supplement the D-werks 265lph if the car can lay down the numbers I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed! Worst care if the number don't match I'll just sell it and go TS/MPx90 instantly. 400+ EZ Mode then but much less of a challenge.

I can't wait to remove the entire audio system from the car so I install a bit better of everything !SQ is king to me.

Anyone selling a complete 5 lug conversion? I'd rather skip on being forced to get 17x7.5s since I'm 4 lug for now. 5-lug would mean 17x8 so I can run 245s or 255. Hoping that the extra width will grip well enough in 2nd up so I don't have to just replace the front tires with a set of drag radials. I've daily driven 2 cars on DR's before (422whp Built KA24DE Kouki 240sx + LSx based FD). The nitto hook well when you warm em up if its cold out and last ~10k miles while the BFGs hooked always, were terrifying in the rain, and last 3K. 17x8s give me the best wheel and tire choice! :mtongue:

neoamd
07-09-2012, 09:53 PM
More pics soon of the A2 Water Pump, VTEC Solenoid, Interior Plastics, and an entire aftercooler setup which has been cleaned/polished/etc to sell because who wants to install something dirty in their engine bay?

The VTEC Solenoid is nearly done and looks like a mirrior. I'm considering painting it the same color as the motor and clearing it since it'll be easier to keep clean. I'm waiting for a more parts so I'll be posting pics when I remember.

Once the new motor is installed and the tune is semisolid I'll be removing almost the entire stock fuel system in favor of coated ss lines, nice rail, fpr, fuel press guage and adding secondary fuel filter (a small one) + a bosch inline FP to supplement the D-werks 265lph if the car can lay down the numbers I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed! Worst care if the number don't match I'll just sell it and go TS/MPx90 instantly. 400+ EZ Mode then but much less of a challenge.

I can't wait to remove the entire audio system from the car so I install a bit better of everything !SQ is king to me.

Anyone selling a complete 5 lug conversion? I'd rather skip on being forced to get 17x7.5s since I'm 4 lug for now. 5-lug would mean 17x8 so I can run 245s or 255. Hoping that the extra width will grip well enough in 2nd up so I don't have to just replace the front tires with a set of drag radials. I've daily driven 2 cars on DR's before (422whp Built KA24DE Kouki 240sx + LSx based FD). The nitto hook well when you warm em up if its cold out and last ~10k miles while the BFGs hooked always, were terrifying in the rain, and last 3K. 17x8s give me the best wheel and tire choice! :mtongue:

Well everything is polished and ready to go now. Pics soon.

differentK
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
hey man- what are your clearances with the RSX kit and your rad support/ hood with the k24? how much of the rad support did you need to trim and did you have to trim the webbing on the hood to get it to close? i just got a RSX manifold for free so im considering the upgrade.

Ba82Ep3
10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Ah I forgot to say amen on the road trips. Are you done with your current build? Looks sick.

When it runs we can play on the interstate =P

You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? Im tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snappin axles. lol

neoamd
11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? Im tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snappin axles. lol

Waiting on my M62 again - this time besides the venom cooler, porting, and ceramic bearing it will be running the lightweight rotors as well :)

Its VERY close.

differentK
11-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Waiting on my M62 again - this time besides the venom cooler, porting, and ceramic bearing it will be running the lightweight rotors as well :)

Its VERY close.

im looking at the same mods for my m62- very cool

neoamd
11-30-2012, 05:22 PM
im looking at the same mods for my m62- very cool

I have bought everything needed from DEI to fullly insulate all of the aftercooler lines. I'll be running a second Bosch water pump for redundancy and to ensure the water stays a'movin.

I'll be starting with 2.8BP + Skeletor CP on the car as well :)

Then soon after a set of custom SVM S/C cams, upgraded valve springs, ti retainers, etc.

I'll be breaking the JRSC power record damn it. I'll be trying to do it without meth installed as well. Depending on how the logs during tuning look I may add an extra smaller heat exchanger as well. Also all 93 octane - no E85 cheapness =P

I'll be making a post about my redone fuel setup after prelim testing.

Trapping ~120mph on the aftercooler/boost alone will be very nice :mtongue:

Either way I still have a complete methanol kit and a fully ready to go nitrous system (auto bottle warmer, remote open, etc) once it's fully tuned on boost alone unless I decide to go with the 2.6 BP then they will have to wait. I just want to play with some C5/6 Z06s that are around here in my "Fat Civic Ricer":tehehyper::mangel:

neoamd
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
hey man- what are your clearances with the RSX kit and your rad support/ hood with the k24? how much of the rad support did you need to trim and did you have to trim the webbing on the hood to get it to close? i just got a RSX manifold for free so im considering the upgrade.

Nothing should need to be trimmed but it is a tight fit. If trimming is needed it shouldn't be more than a 1/4 inch of material to remove where the blower sits.

neoamd
11-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Ah if you know where i can score all I need for a 5 lug swap I'll make it worth your while =P

I will have zero traction until I can go 5 lug, 17x8 wheels, and DRs upfront.

differentK
12-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Nothing should need to be trimmed but it is a tight fit. If trimming is needed it shouldn't be more than a 1/4 inch of material to remove where the blower sits.

Thanks for the info. I talked with my tuner yesterday after getting retuned on the dyno and i am pretty much set on my winter project. I have the RSX manifold- going to add an aftercooler, inlet, TB, 3in exh, and injectors... aftercooled, meth injected, and on e85 should be interesting.

neoamd
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Its just really tight. Didn't; have to cut anything.

Big updates soon :)

differentK
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
any results yet?

finished mine up last month... waiting to see how much more power the m62 can handle

neoamd
11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? I'm tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snapping axles. lol

Get on my level dawg! Upgraded axles are already in ;) - Rated for 500+ whp though haven't had a set break with cars making double the HP so :)

neoamd
11-07-2013, 10:23 PM
any results yet?

finished mine up last month... waiting to see how much more power the m62 can handle

I just sold the ID 725s and will be picking up a set of ID 1000s to support the 17+ pounds of boost my M62 will see.

Also, I picked up another methanol kit as well as a nice direct port N20 system, 2 stage (4 really but starting with 2..)

Not going to spray much just enough to shatter every whp record ever made by an M62 - if the motor stays together, lol.

neoamd
11-07-2013, 11:04 PM
BTW Here is a few pictures. I have many more but don't want to give too much away =]

Here is the link to the gallery on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/EEPaR

neoamd
11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I'll be running 17x9s up front and 17x8s in the rear. Already cut the fender lip off so I'm hoping I can fit 265-275 DRs upfront :mcool:

Currently waiting on some stuff for the motor I've had for a grip while my other motor is fully built + head is built. Toda A3s anyone :pump:

2004ep3hatch
11-08-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm very curious to see how this works. I'm at 300whp and getting some more supporting mods. I really want to see what your engine puts out.

differentK
11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Pics look good- almost identical to whats in my bay minus the steig modded blower... Which is being modded as we speak. So how fast are you looking to spin yours to make 16psi in a k24? Over 20k rpm?

Ba82Ep3
11-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Get on my level dawg! Upgraded axles are already in ;) - Rated for 500+ whp though haven't had a set break with cars making double the HP so :)

My axle issues are resolved as well. : )

neoamd
11-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Pics look good- almost identical to whats in my bay minus the steig modded blower... Which is being modded as we speak. So how fast are you looking to spin yours to make 16psi in a k24? Over 20k rpm?

22-23.5k lol

I have enough money in that damn M62 it better not shatter but fingers crossed. Also not 16psi... 17-17.5psi :)

neoamd
11-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm very curious to see how this works. I'm at 300whp and getting some more supporting mods. I really want to see what your engine puts out.

I'm pretty confident in saying it will make over 380+ whp just with the blower + aftercooler.

I'm going to push the motor I have to the limit. I plan on having an EP3 that makes nearly 500wtq lol - use your imagination :)

Also if you'd like I can post an updated mod list for the car - though not all will be included until they prove they are worth the price for the power (mid range/peak).

Also what supporting mods are you getting? I can tell you for a fact that some parts are worth the extra money. I've owned 9 high performance cars (least made 367whp - 93 FD TT all supporting mods, but stock IC - still the highest dyno numbers for 8 years now) so I can't explain this point enough. There are certain companies that actually show their love for the car mod community in which you can see it in their parts.

neoamd
11-08-2013, 09:06 PM
My axle issues are resolved as well. : )

:peace:

Which axles did you go with?

neoamd
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM

BTW since I'm replying to this for the second time I'll let you know how the TVS1320 kit fits after I ensure for a few years non one will make more on a M62, haha.

Cheers!

differentK
11-08-2013, 09:14 PM
22-23.5k lol

I have enough money in that damn M62 it better not shatter but fingers crossed. Also not 16psi... 17-17.5psi :)

Thats pretty crazy- hopefully the bearings hold up to that high a rpm.

My setup just passed 350whp when i retuned over the summer with the added aftercooler/ inlet/ TB/ 3in exhaust/ etc. still on 9lbs of boost 93 octane. Id say if the blower holds up and your coolers do their job- you should break 400whp on just the blower

differentK
11-08-2013, 09:28 PM
BTW since I'm replying to this for the second time I'll let you know how the TVS1320 kit fits after I ensure for a few years non one will make more on a M62, haha.

Cheers!

Haha more power to you man- I think the numbers to beat are 415 or 425 if i remember correctly- those damn 8th gens are doing something right.

neoamd
11-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Haha more power to you man- I think the numbers to beat are 415 or 425 if i remember correctly- those damn 8th gens are doing something right.

I believe its 421WHP ;)

differentK
11-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I believe its 421WHP ;)

Yea i thought it was in the 420s. Btw- did steigmeir tell you the max working rpm of that ported blower? I was just going to add the bigger crank and shoot for 17000rpm but now that im thinking about it- might as well get the most out of it... Especially since i think this is it for me in the roots game.

neoamd
01-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Yea i thought it was in the 420s. Btw- did steigmeir tell you the max working rpm of that ported blower? I was just going to add the bigger crank and shoot for 17000rpm but now that im thinking about it- might as well get the most out of it... Especially since i think this is it for me in the roots game.

21,500-23,000rpm is what they told me is fine with the mods I have. I need to get back in touch with Jose so i can grab one of his 2.8' BPs :)

More changes made and pictures will follow when I make sure no one else has tried something I'm hoping won't cause my motor to shatter like Apex Seals in a 13B-REW, LOL

Cheers gents

differentK
01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
21,500-23,000rpm is what they told me is fine with the mods I have. I need to get back in touch with Jose so i can grab one of his 2.8' BPs :)

More changes made and pictures will follow when I make sure no one else has tried something I'm hoping won't cause my motor to shatter like Apex Seals in a 13B-REW, LOL

Cheers gents

Yea- they advised me the same. Ive decided to up the boost now substantially as a result. Just waiting to get my blower back....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neoamd
01-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Yea- they advised me the same. Ive decided to up the boost now substantially as a result. Just waiting to get my blower back....

You going to get a 2.8BP from Jose?

differentK
01-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Yea- 2.8 BP & 6.37 crank pulley. Aiming for 14-15 psi. Adding a new fuel return system for e85 as well.