PDA

View Full Version : help!!! ABS light!

carrito
02-24-2011, 12:47 PM
i changed my rotors/pads and now the ABS light is ON in my cluster? why this happened?

RHCP0801
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
did you bang into one of the abs sensors while taking off or installing the rotors?

best bet is to get the code read so you know exactly what the problem is

carrito
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
problem solved , thnx
once you start to drive the abs sensor get his position and the lights shuts off

masterjohnson
04-26-2011, 07:32 PM
did you bang into one of the abs speed sensor (http://www.racepages.com/parts/abs_speed_sensor.html) while taking off or installing the rotors?

best bet is to get the code read so you know exactly what the problem is

looks like that is my problem. sorry for hijacking this thread mine is still not resolved i am already getting irritated already thinking to take the bulb out of the gauge cluster.lol

RHCP0801
04-26-2011, 07:37 PM
did you replace the sensor

RedSiBaron
04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
i have between 1-4 bad abs sensors, because the guy i bought my 5 lug swap from, threw them into the box un-protected with all my swap parts. Its functioned as an abs delete, and im ok with it until i really feel like fixing it...

ABS LIGHT!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

rd02SiR
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
looks like that is my problem. sorry for hijacking this thread mine is still not resolved i am already getting irritated already thinking to take the bulb out of the gauge cluster.lol

i have the same problem. I tried to take the bulb out, but it's like an led fused to the circuit board.

is it hard to replace a rear sensor?

RedSiBaron
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
i have the same problem. I tried to take the bulb out, but it's like an led fused to the circuit board.

No super simple...its like a couple retaining bolts and a plug...may have to use a small screwdriver to get under the sensor and then once you see a gap slowly wiggle it while rotating it slightly back and forth to work it out.

I can't remember, but the sensor plug may or may not be inside the hatch, I think all you have to do is lift the carpet spare cover, big deal, its a bright orange plug...

HondaFreak
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Here's how to check your ABS sensors.

1) jack up vehicle
2) find the 2p (2pin) connector for the abs sensor and disconnect it.
3) take your multimeter and set it to ohms resistance
4) place probes into the SENSOR side of the 2p connector. Prong order or color doesn't matter as long as both multimeter probes touch both sensor leads in the plug.
5) the multimeter should read 450ohms
6) check all 4 wheels
7) if all sensors are fine, you have another issue.

Christian

RHCP0801
04-28-2011, 01:37 PM

easiest way to remove the sensor without breaking it is to take the rotor off so you can get to it that way, much less chance of it breaking if you do it this way

hkrayingboyz
04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
My abs is fix now. Thank guys