PDA

View Full Version : Urgent transmission help !

CMF1988
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Anyone advice will be greatly appreciated. I need a transmission that can handle 750 HP and 520whp consistently. Need to purchase ASAP. Must be reliable on 520+WHP and able to handle 700+. Thanks a lot.

RedSiBaron
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Why don't you build one...contact houseman motorsports

CMF1988
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Why don't you build one...contact houseman motorsports

I'm willing to do that as well. I just need to know where to go. Thanks for the heads up on Houseman.

CMF1988
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
it seems they only have dog box's? I'm looking for something that can handle 500+whp without a problem and last as long as possible yet handle 700+ when needed.

ep3colin
02-24-2011, 04:49 PM
your gonna run through transmissions a shit ton with that much power. It just comes with making that much HP.

weltall
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
guys this is my old ep3 he is talking about

id hate to say it but on the current setup that car is not capable of 750whp 670 was the limit on race gas 592 was the highest on 93pump

i sent you another email today regarding what you should do ie getting the current transmission that the previous owner had installed fixed

nothing last forever when its beaten to shit or is on its way out as was the case with brian he "tried" to drag that car and well that was just too much starin for any car to take when someone inexperienced gets behind the wheel

hell when i took it to the track i would just gingerly come out of the hole and then mash it when i was at a reasonable rolling speed (some people in this forum have seen me do that first hand)

i never had one tranny problem on that ca but then again i treated it better than my own family

your gonna run through transmissions a shit ton with that much power. It just comes with making that much HP.

and yes i was on a stock tranny back then and it handled it colin, but yes you are right to an extent when you assume that he will be shitting trannies left and right but where your wrong is where experience in driving and knowing the limits of the transmission comes into play

there is a lot less strain on a transmission from a roll on load compared to dead stop mashing it with sudden power in first gear a hell of alot less actually the present inertia of the car eliminates the factor that is present of the car in a kinetic state hell ive even seen NA eps crack trany casing (which in this case happened)

i dont know if you personally have had high horsepower experience with an ep3 so i feltlike that should be explained

chris, im sorry that the guy i sold the car to has gone MIA and beat the piss out of it he knew the mechanical limits of the car and how i personally built it towards a driving style that i felt was adequate to what i wanted but he seemed to think it was a sub par driving style and tried to use the car as something it wasnt designed to be ( a full out drag car) he was a bit over zealous and didnt want to listen to the fact that it was a street car first and formost (actually hell i still have the buyers agreement i made him sign when he bought the car understanding that the car was designed a certain way and was meant to be driven as such)
he wanted it to be some drag monster and assumed that car > driving skill and his inexperience on the drag strip was a direct result to the current state of the transmission

hell the guy was still using the drage radials i had put on the car and never ran with slicks he poorly dragged the car and blew the original tranny i had in and thought that he could make up for his lack of drivign skills with more money and a dog box and it still wasnt the case in a nut shell he was very impaitent to "learn" how to drive it

i honestly hope you can rectify that which someone inept at driving kinda dicked up

but i rarely check this site but ill leave with this

ask anyone on this site who knows myself or my car (mods and admins mainly) and they will tell you this was designed as street car for highway pulls against bikes and "nicer cars" not a top fuel dragster like the guy i sold it to assumed he could turn it into